[1.12.x] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.1.0 (March, 28th, 2024)

Kari

47 minutes ago, donnager fan said:

I have TU but its still white do i need to tweak reflection settings or something?

Welcome to the forums. Pretty soon people are going to start responding with just a link to an article about how to get support. The deal is that everyone but you is guessing about what you have installed, and how you installed it. Whenever a mod is grossly misbehaving, and you know it works for other people, you have some sort of install problem (they can be subtle) and the only way anyone can really pinpoint the issue is by seeing your install. That means either a picture of your GameData folder posted somewhere like Imgur, or a link to your ksp.log file posted somewhere like google drive. The ksp.log file is usually better as it contains info not captured by a picture of the folder, like subdirectories and versions of stuff.

On 4/8/2022 at 7:23 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Welcome to the forums. Pretty soon people are going to start responding with just a link to an article about how to get support. The deal is that everyone but you is guessing about what you have installed, and how you installed it. Whenever a mod is grossly misbehaving, and you know it works for other people, you have some sort of install problem (they can be subtle) and the only way anyone can really pinpoint the issue is by seeing your install. That means either a picture of your GameData folder posted somewhere like Imgur, or a link to your ksp.log file posted somewhere like google drive. The ksp.log file is usually better as it contains info not captured by a picture of the folder, like subdirectories and versions of stuff.

I see... here, my game data https://imgur.com/a/6VVOGTu

46 minutes ago, donnager fan said:

Cool - thanks. For sure you will need to get rid of the duplicate module manager DLLs. You only want to have one present, it should be the 4.2.1 version. It's possible that will fix this issue, but it's for sure necessary. 

I'm not sure what _LOCAL is, but I'm pretty sure it's not a mod. In theory, all the immediate children of GameData will be either mod folders, or module manager files.

4 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Cool - thanks. For sure you will need to get rid of the duplicate module manager DLLs. You only want to have one present, it should be the 4.2.1 version. It's possible that will fix this issue, but it's for sure necessary. 

I'm not sure what _LOCAL is, but I'm pretty sure it's not a mod. In theory, all the immediate children of GameData will be either mod folders, or module manager files.

_LOCAL Is a file that came with tweak scale, also I have tundra v5.1 which supplies my 1.12 tu

On 4/3/2022 at 5:28 PM, TheLoneOne said:

out of curiosity has mod development on this stopped or is it still ongoing?

Yep, we’re still going. Albeit a little slowly as Kari is very busy at the moment. 

On 4/8/2022 at 3:29 PM, donnager fan said:

I have TU but its still white do i need to tweak reflection settings or something?

20 hours ago, donnager fan said:

From these screenshots of your gamedata folder, you do not appear to have TexturesUnlimited installed. 

15 hours ago, donnager fan said:

_LOCAL Is a file that came with tweak scale, also I have tundra v5.1 which supplies my 1.12 tu

Also, Tundra does not supply TexturesUnlimited, you need to download it yourself. 

I now present my Interface for SEP V2, for automating all kinds of (stock Kerbin) Starship operations, like launching to most inclinations of choice, auto-docking, de-orbiting, targeted Duna/Mun/Ike/Minmus Landings using the Suitable Landing Zone Finder, and Kerbin Landings back at most known launch sites from all inclinations, while catching the Ship & Booster with Mechazilla.

It now also works with RSS and KSRSS, although some features are still work-in-progress, like launch to rendezvous. Ship landing won't work with FAR for now, but Booster catch should be fine (but spectacular).

For instructions and need-to-know stuff, please read the Github Page carefully !

Download Link:

https://github.com/Janus1992/KSP_Starship-kOS-Interface

(download the zip under the green code button, extract and put the contents in your /Kerbal Space Program folder)

UDvXeG8.jpg

Note:

My mod copies the original SEP parts and changes it's fuel and thrust (and more) values to portray a more playable behaviour on Kerbin. As SEP is optimized for 2.5/2.7x sized Kerbin, SEP default will result in more fuel in orbit than a real life Starship would have in lower Earth orbit. Although SEP's behaviour is realistic for a planet the size of Kerbin, I decided that simulating the tight margins to orbit makes SEP more playable and fun on stock Kerbin.

Let me know what problems you find!

Video by @Dub-Sidious:

Edited by Janus92
Update for SEP V2, RSS and KSRSS

9 hours ago, Janus92 said:

I'm currently adapting my kOS scripts to SEP, in order to automate ship & booster launch and landing, by making a nice little interface for operating the ship. I'm a little bit busy with other stuff in between, and it's not 100% reliable (booster landing off-target some times due to KSP..), but if people wanna test, I'll put the link in here:

https://mega.nz/file/H9FxUSYC#YiBkYgVr3npV041FsYNqAd8J9-FVueFcBIFNkDC_OXA

Requirements for now:

• All basic requirements of SEP
  • kOS
  • Trajectories mod

You'll need to load the craft files I added to the ships folder (should show up if you allow showing the stock ships) for the scripts to work correctly. Also one has to use liquid fuel and oxidizer and not liquid methane or other fuels. With the proper craft file the interface should show up automatically on launching.

I haven't had the scripts tested by anyone else, so do expect to encounter problems that I haven't foreseen.

Can you set it to explode at the end?  :P

On 4/13/2022 at 1:26 PM, Janus92 said:

I'm currently adapting my kOS scripts to SEP, in order to automate ship & booster launch and landing, by making a nice little interface for operating the ship. I'm a little bit busy with other stuff in between, and it's not 100% reliable (booster landing off-target some times due to KSP..), but if people wanna test, I'll put the link in here:

Requirements for now:

• kOS
  • Trajectories mod

You'll need to load the craft files I added to the ships folder (should show up if you allow showing the stock ships) for the scripts to work correctly. Also one has to use liquid fuel and oxidizer and not liquid methane or other fuels. With the proper craft file the interface should show up automatically on launching.

I haven't had the scripts tested by anyone else, so do expect to encounter problems that I haven't foreseen.

AK8lZGi.gif

cFygmDN.gif

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: WWWWWWWWWWWOW!

Congrats mate for the good work. I can't wait to try this.

Requirements for now:

• kOS
  • Trajectories mod

AK8lZGi.gif

cFygmDN.gif

Consider me Incredibly impressed,

The guidance for  the ship could use some work in a couple places but those GUI's man those are magic to me.
teach-me-doctor-strange.gif

42 minutes ago, SofieBrink said:

Consider me Incredibly impressed,

The guidance for  the ship could use some work in a couple places but those GUI's man those are magic to me.
teach-me-doctor-strange.gif

Great to hear that it works not only on my computer ;)

You're totally right about that guidance, though! I'll be busy with work until after the weekend, so feel free to make a list of things that could be improved, and how, if you have any idea's or ways to approach these issues!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you're mostly talking about that awful "circularization burn" (and attempt at doing a single light up of the ships engines to enter orbit)? It's not pretty..... :confused:

I uploaded the files again, as I noticed I messed up the files I supplied before. The craft files should link to the booster.ksm and starship.ksm files so it automatically loads the optimized scripts (.ksm instead of .ks) properly as I intended. Renaming in the last moment is not always a good idea..

In the meanwhile if some of you wish to try out some changes yourself, my working method is as follows:

• make my change in the starship.ks file under /Ships/Script    
    • (booster.ks I usually edit in the /boot folder, and I change the bootfile in the VAB to booster.ks instead of the optimized .ksm file)
  • load up the flight, and open the terminal for the ships CPU (the first one).
  • I write the following to load the script:
    • switch to 0.     (note the dot at the end. That's always required. This line switches to the archive under /ships/script instead of its own internal workspace)
    • run starship.    (again the dot at the end)
  • Now your new script should fire up! (This can be done mid-flight or wherever you have the guts to do that)

Do you know if this would work with a rescaled Starship, as is changing the rescale value in the part config?

If not, is there a way or value I could easily change in the script to affect this.   (And maybe changing part thrust and weight values too)

Sorry if there's no easy way to do that, I just modified my SEP so that it could carry heavier payloads in KSRSS.

On 4/16/2022 at 1:30 AM, Tundra said:

Do you know if this would work with a rescaled Starship, as is changing the rescale value in the part config?

If not, is there a way or value I could easily change in the script to affect this.   (And maybe changing part thrust and weight values too)

Sorry if there's no easy way to do that, I just modified my SEP so that it could carry heavier payloads in KSRSS.

I'm sorry but I can't say if it would work or not. My guess is that the script will be quite a bit more inaccurate, as it's pretty much fine tuned to my .craft files. Maybe you'll run into some errors.

Do show us a picture of the crash-site though! :cool:

https://mega.nz/file/D4UHmZpT#HAbpXvs3WVjeABBIOPadBblvkz7FOPL9iJ7CnKPtuYY

Requirements for now:

• kOS
  • Trajectories mod

AK8lZGi.gif

cFygmDN.gif

Hello I am trying to use your script in KSP RSS/RO. But I encountered a problem when launching the script, I end up with this error but I can't find out where it comes from. Can you help me please?

Edited by La Piante

On 2/15/2022 at 1:23 PM, ameerkat said:

Hi I was wondering if you plan to add configs for kerbalism? Currently if you use the mod, all the engines only have two ignitions max for example

On 2/15/2022 at 4:00 PM, SofieBrink said:

Yes, we’re planning to add kerbalism configs in a future update.

Hey @ameerkat and @Sofie Kerman,

Did somebody already have some Kerbalism configs for this interesting mod?

16 hours ago, La Piante said:

Hello I am trying to use your script in KSP RSS/RO. But I encountered a problem when launching the script, I end up with this error but I can't find out where it comes from. Can you help me please?

I didn't make the script for RSS/RO, so the launch and landing will fail, I'm afraid... Only normal KSP for now.

Looks like the script can't find the engines it's looking for (therefore the list is empty, and it gives an index error). Are you sure you are using my .craft files (and that they didn't give an error on first load)?

On 4/20/2022 at 12:31 PM, Janus92 said:

I didn't make the script for RSS/RO, so the launch and landing will fail, I'm afraid... Only normal KSP for now.

Looks like the script can't find the engines it's looking for (therefore the list is empty, and it gives an index error). Are you sure you are using my .craft files (and that they didn't give an error on first load)?

Oh ok Thanks. The script looks so good that I think it should be adapted for RSS/RO. But since I'm bad at scripting, I'm unable to adapt it for that.

If someone has a link to make a script work on this Starship with RSS hero, I'm interested

My goodness, kOS is so much fun. I updated my post with a new download link.

I added the capability to do automated single engine Duna Landings at any location of your choice (you still need to point it in the right direction of course):

EusDxSY.gif

If only I had picked a better landing spot....

Now you can also manually re-enter the ship using the ATTITUDE panel (where you manually control Angle-of-Attack and Roll during re-entry or aerocapture) and around 10000m the ship will take over and either guide you to your target co-ordinates or it lands somewhere straight ahead. You can do this on Kerbin or Duna, if you think fully automated landings are too boring for you :)

Edited by Janus92