[1.12.x] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.1.0 (March, 28th, 2024)

Kari

24 minutes ago, RickJames said:

Hey guys, I'm getting this message when I start my game, only started after installing SEP.

It doesn't appear to be affecting my game though, any ideas how I could fix it?

heres my ksp.log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ykqHsSdU2yD8KDUpHcoCa3Grtkh7NSn6/view?usp=sharing

I haven't looked too deeply in the log, but I did notice that you're playing KSP 1.12.3 but you have some very dated versions of some mods installed:

B9PartSwitch v2.13.0.0 / vv2.13.0 - that's for KSP 1.8.1 you should be using v2.20.0

Firespitterv7.3.7287.12431 - for KSP 1.1.3, upgrade to v7.17

I didn't check any further but suspect several others are also out of date so I'd recommend going through all your other mods and checking that you have the latest version of each and that none of them have any known issues with 1.12.3 listed on their forum threads.

2 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

I haven't looked too deeply in the log, but I did notice that you're playing KSP 1.12.3 but you have some very dated versions of some mods installed:

B9PartSwitch v2.13.0.0 / vv2.13.0 - that's for KSP 1.8.1 you should be using v2.20.0

I didn't check any further but suspect several others are also out of date so I'd recommend going through all your other mods and checking that you have the latest version of each and that none of them have any known issues with 1.12.3 listed on their forum threads.

I'll update those and see if it changes it, thanks.

3 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

that fixed it, thank you!

On 4/26/2022 at 2:39 AM, Janus92 said:

What did you do, and what is black? Have you tried reinstalling?

On 4/26/2022 at 7:17 AM, donnager fan said:

yup 

its black when it spawns but its fine in the vab

5 hours ago, Tundra said:

Starships, you have to be specific when describing your problems.  We cant read your mind.

Sorry i meant My starship (im stupid lmao) Any help?

6 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

isn't this reflection settings? space center, esc, settings, reflection *

@donnager fan I think this is what you're looking for.

I also have this when the 'Render Quality' in my graphics settings has been set too low. I suspect that when you set this higher your problem will be fixed (but not your FPS).

@Janus92How should your kOS script for booster landing work? I have noticed that after the ship circularise burn, kOS automatically switches to the booster what has already coasted too much so not possible to land back at KSC. But when I use FMRS mod, when switching to the booster I can't open the kOS GUI. When opening the panel it says: waiting for command.. Turning on and off doesn't work.

16 minutes ago, Bokaj said:

@Janus92How should your kOS script for booster landing work? I have noticed that after the ship circularise burn, kOS automatically switches to the booster what has already coasted too much so not possible to land back at KSC. But when I use FMRS mod, when switching to the booster I can't open the kOS GUI. When opening the panel it says: waiting for command.. Turning on and off doesn't work.

Ah, that sounds like a bug! I have a feeling that FMRS is interfering. I designed my scripts to run without FMRS in real-time by extending the physics range to 600km or so. The Booster has its own CPU that receives its boostback-command only on Stage Separation, so if the booster gets accidentally reloaded (which I think is what FMRS does?), it will never start its boostback burn, hence the 'waiting for command'.

Maybe try removing FMRS and see if it works. If so I'll include a note that says FMRS interferes with the proper functioning of the script.

Edited by Janus92

2 hours ago, Janus92 said:

Ah, that sounds like a bug! I have a feeling that FMRS is interfering. I designed my scripts to run without FMRS in real-time by extending the physics range to 600km or so. The Booster has its own CPU that receives its boostback-command only on Stage Separation, so if the booster gets accidentally reloaded (which I think is what FMRS does?), it will never start its boostback burn, hence the 'waiting for command'.

Maybe try removing FMRS and see if it works. If so I'll include a note that says FMRS interferes with the proper functioning of the script.

Still dosen't work with FMRS removed. Panel shows this when switched to booster

A5knNug.png

1 hour ago, Bokaj said:

Still dosen't work with FMRS removed. Panel shows this when switched to booster

A5knNug.png

Ah, I see. The fix for you is to download Tundra Exploration and copy the TundraExploration.dll to your gamedata folder. The booster fails to switch to the next engine mode. For some reason the makers of SEP haven't yet included this capability, so thanks for making me aware of this!

Also I'll upload an update tonight, with tooltips for a more intuitive and clear GUI (tooltips can be disabled in settings) and some fixes. In the meanwhile I'm playing around with catching booster and ship with the mechazilla tower.

Edited by Janus92

On 4/28/2022 at 2:23 PM, Janus92 said:

Ah, I see. The fix for you is to download Tundra Exploration and copy the TundraExploration.dll to your gamedata folder. The booster fails to switch to the next engine mode. For some reason the makers of SEP haven't yet included this capability, so thanks for making me aware of this!

Also I'll upload an update tonight, with tooltips for a more intuitive and clear GUI (tooltips can be disabled in settings) and some fixes. In the meanwhile I'm playing around with catching booster and ship with the mechazilla tower.

Long Story short, the module belongs to tundra as it was made for falcon 9.

if tundra is not present we use the stock engine switch that only permits 2 engine modes,

you could update your script to call this module if tundra’s isn’t present

3 hours ago, SofieBrink said:

Long Story short, the module belongs to tundra as it was made for falcon 9.

if tundra is not present we use the stock engine switch that only permits 2 engine modes,

you could update your script to call this module if tundra’s isn’t present

I see, thanks for the info!

I might consider this, although I am finally happy with the boosters landing statistics (for the last week or more it has made only perfectly on target successful landings), so I am slightly reluctant to make big changes. In the meanwhile I added a note to the post with the scripts.

I was getting sick of constantly falling over after a nice Duna landing:

Sooooo.....I'm working on a feature that checks if the landing zone is flat enough to land on, and if not it will do a grid search around the target landing zone looking for a relatively flat spot.

The initial results are quite interesting: I set my target landing zone deep in the mountains and accepted the first spot it offered after a minute of searching. Around 3km away from my target it found this little spot:

xp4OE20.jpg

J3NEoXu.jpg

Seems like it found a pretty good spot in between all the hills!

Work in progress though....

Edited by Janus92

On 5/3/2022 at 4:18 PM, donnager fan said:

Sorry to bother this thread AGAIN But I need help with my ship again, Its white instead of silver..... I have TU installed And magpie so IDK what's going on, help?

white??? how did you do that one??

could you provide some screenshots of wht you are seeing and your gamedata folder?

Fixed with KSRSS Install I have (idk what i did to fix it but files on that install work for some reason), Is there a way to have a direct Space center Trajectory deorbit? (sorry for taking away resources from the starship flyby wire script btw)

7 hours ago, SofieBrink said:

white??? how did you do that one??

could you provide some screenshots of wht you are seeing and your gamedata folder?

8 hours ago, donnager fan said:

Fixed with KSRSS Install I have (idk what i did to fix it but files on that install work for some reason), Is there a way to have a direct Space center Trajectory deorbit? (sorry for taking away resources from the starship flyby wire script btw)

The script de-orbits to the launchpad by default. You can set your desired landing coördinates in the settings page.