[1.12.x] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.1.0 (March, 28th, 2024)

Kari

5 hours ago, Kari said:

Hello, I am back and so is SEP

it's been over a year since we had an update, but this will change this week. The new version is already public on Github, mostly finished. if no major issues are found, I'll release it officially and update you.

What to expect from this update:

• Every part was overhauled, the majority of the mesh was built from scratch to allow better and beatiful new parts. OLD CRAFTS WILL BREAK
  • Janus is officially a member of the team and his IVA is now part of the mod by default
  • More custom modules, specially related to the booster cluster
  • Custom waterfall plumes
  • More part variants and new features

What is SEP's future regarding KSP 2?

As we all know, KSP 2 Early Access is out, but that does not mean KSP 1 is dead.

We will continue to update SEP for KSP 1.

KSP 2 is far away from a finished game. lacking key features, poor performance on most pc specs, a lot of bugs  and no official mod support for now means I won't touch modding there for a while. I do have the game and will continue to play it, but that's it.

So what should we expect from SEP then?

For now, prototypes are the next focus. Fuel depot and expendable ship are also planned. Any new updates from SpaceX or NASA will be taken into consideration, so we might change focus if there's something different.
HLS not planned at this moment (but someone else is doing it in case you are interested)

I hope we can bring a lot more updates to SEP this year than we brought in 2022. 2023 will be a far more interesting year for SEP and for Starship as well (looking at you, OFT).

As always, hop into our discord for more details. 

Fly safe

image.png

Tried it out and it looks amazing!

One thing I'd like to ask is for the engine cluster to have the option to disable the green nozzle coat just like you can with individual engines, if possible. :) 

Edit: Also noticed that the crew module paint layer is light gray unlike the black paint on the other command modules and the overall color of the module is lighter than that of the other parts (the fuel section below it):

Spoiler

WElCK2f.png

Then when you switch paint off on the command module, it just turns white:

Spoiler

CNAocZD.png

Other than that I'd just like to thank you for the awesome work!

Edited by munix

4 hours ago, munix said:

Tried it out and it looks amazing!

One thing I'd like to ask is for the engine cluster to have the option to disable the green nozzle coat just like you can with individual engines, if possible. :) 

Edit: Also noticed that the crew module paint layer is light gray unlike the black paint on the other command modules and the overall color of the module is lighter than that of the other parts (the fuel section below it):

Reveal hidden contents

WElCK2f.png

Then when you switch paint off on the command module, it just turns white:

Reveal hidden contents

CNAocZD.png

Other than that I'd just like to thank you for the awesome work!

Ah yes, the old "fix a bug and create another". Fixed it

Will look into the nozzle as well

ty

I've also updated my Interface for SEP v2. In the original post on page 5 I've included a short note about how and why I change things like fuel and thrust for stock Kerbin, compared to SEPs default values.

There may still be latent bugs due to the many changes in the new release, so feel free to write me!

Download Link:

https://github.com/Janus1992/KSP_Starship-kOS-Interface

And It actually did release in less than 24 hours

I will try to keep myself calm and focus on the next vehicle instead of revamping this one, ok?

Version 2.0.0 Changelog - CRAFT BREAKING UPDATE

• Completely overhaul of all parts, more details below
  • Added IVA by Janus92
  • Added Ship Legs with Nertea's HabUtils plugin
  • Added Hullcam & NeptuneCamera support
  • Added custom TU textures for better support
  • Added Paint options for Ship
  • Added B4 and B7 AeroCovers switch
  • Added B4 and B7 Grid fin switch
  • Added "Jaw" variant for the cargo door
  • Added Custom Waterfall plumes for everything that needs them
  • Added Variants for the raptor plume
  • Added a custom module allowing to change B9PS subtypes with action groups
  • Added a Raptor booster variant
  • Updated Raptor Engines to be closer to Raptor 2
  • Unified Booster Engine Cluster with a custom plugin to a single part

Now available on Spacedock, Github and CKAN

• on CKAN IVA's are installed separately - Waiting for metadata to update for it to happen
  • on official downloads for manual installs (github release and spacedock)IVA's are not bundled inside the default mod folder,  pay attention to this

Fly safe!

Edited by Kari

Whooo, we’re back!

edit, i feel like this should be made a bit more clear. 
THIS UPDATE WILL BREAK EXISTING CRAFTS AND VESSEL

so, deorbit and land your old starships with crew in them before you install it!

Edited by SofieBrink

I just made an account to say this is awesome. Also, is there a part catalog somewhere? I have quite a bit of mods so it's hard to find all the pieces specific to this mod!

Edit: Also, is there a how to dock somewhere i've not seen? I cant seem to interact with the docking port, either option. In kerbal fashion you have to set a target, unless this is different?

Edited by Omegasixfive

58 minutes ago, BoZZy_92 said:

Quale versione del gioco state usando con la mod di giano92??

[Moderator added translation]
What version of the game state using with the giano92 mod??

I’m sorry what is the giano92 mod? 
if you’re asking what version SEP is compatible with, it should work with version 1.8 and up

20 hours ago, Omegasixfive said:

I just made an account to say this is awesome. Also, is there a part catalog somewhere? I have quite a bit of mods so it's hard to find all the pieces specific to this mod!

Edit: Also, is there a how to dock somewhere i've not seen? I cant seem to interact with the docking port, either option. In kerbal fashion you have to set a target, unless this is different?

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm! You can find all the parts you need by either searching “Donnager” or by going to the advanced part selection tool in the top left, and navigating down to the “SEP” section. 

Docking works exactly the same as it normally would there’s just 2 different ports selectable through a part switch. The QD docking method requires you to dock to the QD panel on the side of the ship using another ship also set to QD docking mode. The BTB mode allows you to either dock 2 starships back to back, or re-dock to the booster (asuming the interstage is set to docking mode).

Yes, you understood right away. I ask because when I try to open one of the ships it keeps telling me I don't have the correct version of ksp.
I have tried all versions since 1.11 .

now with 1.12.5

Spoiler

RMZnjae.png

0DU59n9.png

8lugODX.png

congratulations for the mod. can't wait to try it on ksp2!!!

I had automatic truing on chrome.

Edited by BoZZy_92

is anyone else having an issue where the fuel amount is way too much to lift off? 

I am using LRTR and the older mod version worked fine and scaled correctly but this new version adds so much more fuel.

Its frustrating because this new version looks so much better but i just cant make it work.

Its probably something to do with LRTR but i thought i'd ask here.

25 minutes ago, NotSoWiseAndy said:

is anyone else having an issue where the fuel amount is way too much to lift off? 

I am using LRTR and the older mod version worked fine and scaled correctly but this new version adds so much more fuel.

Its frustrating because this new version looks so much better but i just cant make it work.

Its probably something to do with LRTR but i thought i'd ask here.

Hey there, we’ve had a similar type of report on the discord, we’re not quite sure which mod is causing the conflict. If you aren’t already in the discord, could you join it & post your KSP.log in the StarshipExpansionProject channel just saying i sent you from the forum.

I have the mod installed on CKAN (awesome stuff btw), but I can't seem to find the IVA's, unless I misunderstood the instructions. I also tried installing the IVA's manually from the Github folder, but it gave me a bunch of B9 errors. I'm guessing I placed the IVA folder in the wrong place, but I don't know for sure. The mod seems to work well otherwise.

15 hours ago, BoZZy_92 said:

Yes, you understood right away. I ask because when I try to open one of the ships it keeps telling me I don't have the correct version of ksp.
I have tried all versions since 1.11 .

now with 1.12.5

Hide contents

RMZnjae.png

0DU59n9.png

8lugODX.png

congratulations for the mod. can't wait to try it on ksp2!!!

I had automatic truing on chrome.

From what I've heard so far, is that this is a recurring issue for a lot of people, that gets solved by:

1) Downloading the latest dev-version of SLE (https://github.com/SAMCG14/StarshipLaunchExpansion/tree/Dev) (CKAN won't work here!!)

2) Downloading the latest version of my Interface.

Yesterday I tried a mild change in the patch, that I hope solves all other problems that have the OLM not appear. However if it still doesn't show up, please let me know, and I'll do my best to solve the issue.

7 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

I have the mod installed on CKAN (awesome stuff btw), but I can't seem to find the IVA's, unless I misunderstood the instructions. I also tried installing the IVA's manually from the Github folder, but it gave me a bunch of B9 errors. I'm guessing I placed the IVA folder in the wrong place, but I don't know for sure. The mod seems to work well otherwise.

You don't have to install the IVA's manually, as it's already in the right folders. However you may need to check that you fulfill the minimum requirements (stated by Kari above) for the IVA to show.

Edited by Janus92

Was able to get the new IVA's working, and they are fantastic! Also I fully understand why FreeIVA is a requirement. I have run into an issue where B9 pops an error when first starting the game saying some IVA files are duplicates or copies? But it doesn't seem to cause any major issues. Fantastic work.

52722389663_614ffcabb1_o.jpg
This is the warning I get specifically. I uninstalled and reinstalled the mod, but the warning still shows up. Just thought you'd guys like it for reference in case.  It doesn't really cause any noticeable problems in-game. Again, I'm really enjoying the latest update.

23 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

52722389663_614ffcabb1_o.jpg
This is the warning I get specifically. I uninstalled and reinstalled the mod, but the warning still shows up. Just thought you'd guys like it for reference in case.  It doesn't really cause any noticeable problems in-game. Again, I'm really enjoying the latest update.

That's on me, delete the "IVA.cfg" on patches and give it a go

I accidentally left a copy of the file there so when you install the IVA it duplicates

Small update, mostly fixing bugs and improving QoL (nothing relevant for regular player)

Version 2.0.1 Changelog 

• Fixed duplicated IVA.cfg on release .zip
  • Increased MaxTemp on all ship parts
  • Fixed Ship RCS misaligned
  • Improved QoL on patches
  • Changed crew windows lights to white from yellow
  • Fixed Specular textures not loading on default ksp shader
  • Added extra patch for fixing booster cluster thrust while using LRTR with Rescaling on
  • Fixed Engine plumes (RO)
  • Fixed Vent on booster core (RO)