[1.12.x] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.1.0 (March, 28th, 2024)

Kari

I also have a weird transparent floor and walls in IVA mode:

https://ibb.co/zS3h4G3

Anyone seen that?

It is a great mod by the way, and basically is the only set of vehicles I play with at the moment! :)

8 hours ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

Does anyone else have a problem with the Vacuum Raptors exploding during launch (RSS/RO)

Man, that was my bad! The engines were enabled and firing while trapped under the interstage :D

We're all good ;)

14 hours ago, Kari said:

Due to differente dependencies, the IVA is installed separetely (even on CKAN), so check if you have them and if you installed the IVA

I have all dependencies installed, as shown by my gamedata folder.

Wait, do I have to install the IVA? If so, how do I do that?

On 3/5/2023 at 7:21 PM, RealTimeShepherd said:

I also have a weird transparent floor and walls in IVA mode:

https://ibb.co/zS3h4G3

Can't say that I have! Intriguing. I haven't heard this one of anyone so far..

On 3/5/2023 at 7:45 PM, JebNotFound said:

If I'm right I think that the github(/spacedock) version has the IVA's included by default, but for CKAN you have to select the optional IVA for installation. I was wrong: see Kari's comment below!

Edited by Janus92

On 3/5/2023 at 3:45 PM, JebNotFound said:

5 hours ago, Janus92 said:

Can't say that I have! Intriguing. I haven't heard this one of anyone so far..

If I'm right I think that the github(/spacedock) version has the IVA's included by default, but for CKAN you have to select the optional IVA for installation.

all "release" zips are the exact same, so unless you're downloading from github main branch it's not installing automatically with the rest of the mod

open the zip, it should look like this
image.png

go inside "SEP_IVA" and simply copy the "Spaces" Folder and put inside "StarshipExpansionProject" in gamedata

If you're using CKAN make sure both of this are installed 
image.png

That's it

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Sorry I've tried to cobble together info by reading back many pages, but stuff is everywhere. Would someone be my hero and sum up the state of the flight control software in regards to rescaled systems such as JNSQ/KSRSS?

Sorry, not sure if I understood the question correctly, can you explain that  for me?

Edited by Kari

54 minutes ago, Kari said:

Sorry, not sure if I understood the question correctly, can you explain that  for me?

My understanding early on was that the flight software Janus wrote for kOS was somewhat hard-coded for stock Kerbin, with altitudes or timings or distances or whatever. Was wondering if that's accurate, or if it can be used for other-sized home bodies. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Kari said:

all "release" zips are the exact same, so unless you're downloading from github main branch it's not installing automatically with the rest of the mod

open the zip, it should look like this
image.png

go inside "SEP_IVA" and simply copy the "Spaces" Folder and put inside "StarshipExpansionProject" in gamedata

If you're using CKAN make sure both of this are installed 
image.png

That's it

Oh, I'm such an idiot...
Thanks!!

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

My understanding early on was that the flight software Janus wrote for kOS was somewhat hard-coded for stock Kerbin, with altitudes or timings or distances or whatever. Was wondering if that's accurate, or if it can be used for other-sized home bodies. Thanks!

It's not even remotely stable in RSS, and I'm having loads of patch trouble there, so don't expect RSS support for a long while or at all actually. Only stock Kerbin for now.

2 hours ago, Janus92 said:

It's not even remotely stable in RSS, and I'm having loads of patch trouble there, so don't expect RSS support for a long while or at all actually. Only stock Kerbin for now.

Gotcha. Does JNSQ fall into the same category with RSS? I was hoping its similarities with stock might be a head start.

7 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Gotcha. Does JNSQ fall into the same category with RSS? I was hoping its similarities with stock might be a head start.

It sorta does. But I'm not fully familiar with JNSQ. It modifies Kerbin right?

Although I'm trying to remove most hardcoded bits, the names of the planets are still important to other bits of the script, not to even talk about all the fine-tuning that's required for each different planet size (booster and ship fuel and thrust, launch trajectory, etc). If you run it on RSS now (without Realism Overhaul) you'll get a not very reliable launch sequence and the approach and landing is not always successful either. The crew version of the ship I can't even get working properly due to patch ordering problems which never install the IVAs in my copied parts for whatever reason.

Edited by Janus92

4 hours ago, Janus92 said:

But I'm not fully familiar with JNSQ.

So JNSQ is essentially stock planets plus a few extras, but at 2.5x the stock size. (Reductionism at its best - it's much more than this). The home body is still Kerbin, and the launch site is still (mostly) equatorial. After watching GiantWaffle use your stuff on stock, my first thought was that it seems like it should be almost the same on JNSQ, but I haven't looked at the code much, and kOS is still read-only for me.

Anyway, thanks for the chat, your stuff looks amazing!

Hello, I'm getting this error for all craft and I can't see why?

craft loading error
SLE.SS.OLM.KOS

FIXED!

installing kOS with CKAN seems to miss some files, pulled the github files manually and it's working.

Edited by cmewse

hello i was wondering  why i cannot seem to acess the craft files it seems to say tht the craft file is incompatible with ksp 1.12.3  

DISCLAIMER: I will not be able to load up the game until Monday 

Edited by kspbiuitscursed
Spelling and disclaimer

Hello again, almost doubling the number of updates from last year lmao

Again, another minor update, just 2 issues that are not meaningful for the majority 

Version 2.0.2 Changelog 

• Fixed Cluster staging icon not disappearing when all engines are disabled
  • Fixed incompatibility with MechJeb Primer Vector Guidance

Also we have some new parts coming soon™. Not SN parts yet, but they follow the non-heatshield theme

As always, download is available at SpacedockGitHub and CKAN.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:20 PM, kspbiuitscursed said:

hello i was wondering if you could add the starlink pez dispenser so we can recreate ship 24

I can add the cargo door variant, but making a dispenser that works the same on KSP is unlikely to pretty much impossible

On 3/9/2023 at 5:42 PM, cmewse said:

Hello, I'm getting this error for all craft and I can't see why?

craft loading error
SLE.SS.OLM.KOS

FIXED!

installing kOS with CKAN seems to miss some files, pulled the github files manually and it's working.

Nice that you fixed it, but that's another mod

On 3/9/2023 at 7:34 PM, kspbiuitscursed said:

hello i was wondering  why i cannot seem to acess the craft files it seems to say tht the craft file is incompatible with ksp 1.12.3  

I don't provide craft files, those are most likely @Janus92

On 3/11/2023 at 8:05 AM, slyfox023 said:

for some reason the engines aren't giving any lift, do you know why?

We were not smart enough to make the booster behave like we wanted to on EDL without having the cluster aero screwing everything, so we removed it lmao

Edited by Kari

On 3/9/2023 at 11:34 PM, kspbiuitscursed said:

I would suggest checking that you have all the requirements for SEP and my Interface (see my github/page 5) properly installed, and if you do, then you could try updating ksp to 1.12.5 to see if that's the real culprit.

1 hour ago, Janus92 said:

I would suggest checking that you have all the requirements for SEP and my Interface (see my github/page 5) properly installed, and if you do, then you could try updating ksp to 1.12.5 to see if that's the real culprit.

Yeah I will check next time I can use the laptop 

12 hours ago, Kari said:

Hello again, almost doubling the number of updates from last year lmao

Again, another minor update, just 2 issues that are not meaningful for the majority 

Version 2.0.2 Changelog 

• Fixed Cluster staging icon not disappearing when all engines are disabled
  • Fixed incompatibility with MechJeb Primer Vector Guidance

Also we have some new parts coming soon™. Not SN parts yet, but they follow the non-heatshield theme

As always, download is available at SpacedockGitHub and CKAN.

I can add the cargo door variant, but making a dispenser that works the same on KSP is unlikely to pretty much impossible

Nice that you fixed it, but that's another mod

I don't provide craft files, those are most likely @Janus92

We were not smart enough to make the booster behave like we wanted to on EDL without having the cluster aero screwing everything, so we removed it lmao

Yeah the cargo door was what I meant thanks for the reply that was my first post