Any good mods to add to a existing save?

Kerb24

Oh boy - the possibilities are many! It really depends what kind of parts and such you want.

You have Roverdude's: - Umbra Space Industries -

Or Angel125's: - Wild Blue Industries -

Or Nertea's: Development Catalog

Or LinuxGuruGamer's: ENORMOUS catalog

Or CobaltWolf's: Bluedog Design Bereau

I've even got a couple mods in my signature with engine parts.

These are in no particular order and is not even close to a comprehensive list. The amount of content out there is mind boggling.

1 hour ago, Kerb24 said:

I have a career mode save, and I recently completed the tech tree. I am thinking about getting some mods to add some more parts, but I don't know which mods I should get. Know of any good ones?

It really depends on what you want to do.  Start off with deciding what type of missions you want to do, and then you can start looking.

An easy way to test is to use CKAN to easily install mods and their dependencies, CKAN makes it easy to uninstall as well

1 hour ago, Kerb24 said:

add some more parts

Here are some of my favorite part mods. They are all equally good IMO and I select what to use depending on what I'm in the mood to build. If you are new to mods I suggest just picking one so you don't get overwhelmed by new parts. You can mix and match parts from all of these mods at the same time if your PC is powerful enough.

• The "Near Future" collection is a bunch of mods from Nertea. "Stockalike Station Parts Expanded Redux" (SSPXr) is a notable one that doesn't have Near Future in the name but works well together. Most parts are modular and good for designing new craft.
  • Bluedog Design Bureau (BDB) is a large set of parts for creating historic USA rockets.
  • Tantares is a large set of parts for creating historic USSR rockets.
  • Knes is a large set of parts for creating historic and some conceptual European (French and ESA) rockets.
  • Mk2 Extension and Mk3 Extension are for spaceplanes. New cockpit, engines, etc.
  • Finally, Linuxgurugamer supports hundreds of mods, some of his own and others that he's kindly adopted when other modders retired.  Look at his stuff; there's some great quality-of-life convenience tools that improve how KSP works. He has some part mods, too, but they are less cohesive than the others I mentioned above (because if he adopts 10 part mods, they can have 10 different styles; that's not a criticism just how things work when parts are designed by different people).

If you're brand new to modding, I suggest copying your entire KSP folder (from Steam or however you bought the game), then play and mod from that copy. That will make it easier to fix things if you make a serious install error or a mod bug damages your save.

Consider the CKAN program to help install mods. All of the mods I mentioned above work with CKAN, except Knes.

Edited by DeadJohn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.