PlayStation exclusive suggestion

1 hour ago, purple_teeth_ said:

Maybe if all goes well and ksp 2 is on PlayStation they will add sack boys  space suit as an exclusive suit  varent for PlayStation users (see picture below as refrence) it would be very cool if they did IMG_3517.webp

I'd really want to shy away from platform exclusives, it would make a mess of the game and who knows what else could get messed up.

23 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

I'd really want to shy away from platform exclusives, it would make a mess of the game and who knows what else could get messed up.

Agreed. Xbox players exist as well and I don't really like exclusive console deals to begin with. Also, I am pretty sure that everybody has forgotten about Little Big Planet.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

Just going to say that Console exclusives are dumb, PC Players are the majority of the playerbase, so get rid of  the idea of console exclusives, if anywhere should get exclusives, it's PC

I'm a bit anti-platform exclusive.

I'm not keen on 'platform exclusives' for the sake of it.  It's just marketing BS. 

I don't particularly like it, but I do understand that there may be techical or other reasons why all platforms can't  have everything (mods being a good example).  

On 1/27/2022 at 1:09 PM, BekfastDerp13 said:

Also, I am pretty sure that everybody has forgotten about Little Big Planet

I never did all these years. Sackboy's suit DOES look like a kerbal's.

What is sackboy? What is the premise behind little big planet? Why do exclusives when a game is going to be mod friendly? Why can't it be added as optional suit that anyone can use? It's not a bad design, it would fit the Kerbals very well with minor changes to the hands and feet.

1 hour ago, shdwlrd said:

What is sackboy? What is the premise behind little big planet? Why do exclusives when a game is going to be mod friendly? Why can't it be added as optional suit that anyone can use? It's not a bad design, it would fit the Kerbals very well with minor changes to the hands and feet.

I think LittleBigPlanet is like Roblox but different. You create levels for other players to go through. Sackboy is one of the available characters to play as in the game. I don't see the point in this kind of exclusive deal, but like you said, it would fit a kerbal good.

2 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

LBP is a wonderful game. I had played it on my now broken PS3 and it is a wonderful game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 6:57 AM, The Aziz said:

Considering another game of the series was released like a year ago, no.

Private Division would have to license the IP of Little Big Planet graphics from Media Molecule (or whoever at this point).  Doesn't seem like a lot of bang for the buck given it is just a space suit even if a deal could be worked out

So many people were talking about not understanding the reason for this being a platform exclusive. Although I don't support it, I will justify it. Media Molecule is only allowed to produce games for the Sony Playstation, and Sony has been keen on keeping LBP on their platform, even if it's only a shell of its former self. They would never tolerate putting ANYTHING related to LBP on any other platform other than their own. We already saw how much they disliked cross platform multiplayer on their own system(Fortnite, Minecraft,) to put the PS3's mascot onto anything else would be effectively sacrilege to them.

Edited by Missingno200
Added a bit about cross platform multiplayer.

Platform exclusives are anti-consumer nonsense dreamed up by marketing and finance departments to try to drive sales.

I will absolutely use hacks to defeat platform exclusive content and add it back into the game, and I despise anyone who advocates for it.   Loyalty to corporations is as stupid as it gets, because 'they would grind you to a fine paste if there were a dollar in it for them', an absolute truism from another space game, of recent origin.

4 hours ago, Defenestrator47 said:

Platform exclusives are anti-consumer nonsense dreamed up by marketing and finance departments to try to drive sales.

Only in the modern era. They're a relic of when distinctly different architectures actually existed(Z80 vs 6502 vs 2A03 which was a variant of the 6502 but hush, or SH2 vs RISC-V vs MIPS, or the Wii technically PowerPC VS PowerPC vs Cell, and this isn't even going into the WILD history of graphical architectures that every console had.) And even then, there's the problem of the frameworks these companies hand out being distinctly different.

Edited by Missingno200

Platform specific assets made sense for the same game released on different platforms. Basically to add some uniqueness for each game. But as said earlier, it doesn't make sense for KSP2. If you wanted something specific, you could just add it in. Now if there is going to be some limitations between PC and consoles, I can see something console specific. Nothing more than that though.

Sackboy has already made appearances in many places.  Sony is happy to lend out his likeness, especially but not exclusively to other Playstation exclusives. This list is missing THPS so it may be missing other games as well.
https://littlebigplanet.fandom.com/wiki/Sackboy_in_Other_Media

The proportions of that space suit are a good fit for kerbals in my opinion. That said, it lacks any obvious recognition as being related to LBP or Sackboy. Nor is Media Molecule as connected to the franchise as they once were, so it would be strange to put their logo on the costume in 2022.

I apologize for even suggesting this, but it would actually make more sense (to a corporation like Sony) for there to be a Sackboy suit, zipper and all. Instead of a visor flipping up or down, the head would unzip like a hoodie to uncover a more ordinary kerbal helmet underneath. I know some KSP players would hate it for being too goofy, but that is the nature of videogame crossovers.