Buffalo 2 Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

The Mineshaft will have a Buffalo 2 equivalent for sure. It's slated for Phase 2.

Hadn't thought of that. If the part in B2 is a new part, and my existing bases have the part from B1 installed, then I will have to keep B1 installed anyway. Maybe I can just extract the old Mineshaft from B1 to keep the part proliferation down. Have to think about that more.

37 minutes ago, planeticegaming said:

is  there a chance of adding more expanding modules like the wagon in phase 2 or 3 since i absolutely loved those parts.

I hadn't considered that, actually. It depends upon my workload and how far I can get with the existing parts before my hard deadline to finish KSP 1 modding.

Today I finished the interior of the Chopper part variant:

i0fKjOz.png

eJt6rrW.png

I've bumped up the release to 1.0, because Phase 1 is now officially complete! There are still many parts to create, but Buffalo 2 is now in a minimum playable state. You can find the release here, and CKAN is pending. Buffalo 1 will NOT be discontinued until Phase 4 is completed.

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I've bumped up the release to 1.0, because Phase 1 is now officially complete! There are still many parts to create, but Buffalo 2 is now in a minimum playable state. You can find the release here, and CKAN is pending. Buffalo 1 will NOT be discontinued until Phase 4 is completed.

Nice!  Now I see where my confusion on the releases was.

I've been looking forward to the cupola variant of the command module.  The station variant with the wedges will nicely replace the stock cupola.
There is a problem with the windows on both of the cupola variants.   See pic.  All other variants have the windows as expected.  I'd like to know if it is something with my game or if others are seeing this.

Spoiler

QSf94e7.png

1 hour ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Nice!  Now I see where my confusion on the releases was.

I've been looking forward to the cupola variant of the command module.  The station variant with the wedges will nicely replace the stock cupola.
There is a problem with the windows on both of the cupola variants.   See pic.  All other variants have the windows as expected.  I'd like to know if it is something with my game or if others are seeing this.

Hide contents

I'm not seeing that issue in my install. Is anybody else seeing that?

5 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Any thought on what I should look for in the logs - and which log file?

No idea what could be causing it. I've re-verified that the windows look normal for me. Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

Today I slightly remodeled and re-textured the tilt-rotor for Buffalo 2. It won't be available unless you have Kerbal Actuators installed since it needs plugin functionality from that mod. As mentioned earlier, given all the troubles with electrically powered tilt-rotors, the new iteration runs on Intake Air and Liquid Fuel. I need to redo the engine sound, which I'll get to tomorrow. Anyway, here's a preview:

SKWnD8g.png

SJONOD9.png

ptD5Tl8.png

Ducted fan!  Nice.

I've got the cupola issue figured.  It appears that I had downloaded a preview release version of Buffalo 2 and then copied subsequent releases over that instead of just replacing.   Once I deleted Buffalo 2, DSEV, and the other mods they ship with and reinstalled, the cupola is correct and I had a reduction of 4 patches total.

the alert buttons still aren't working, but I can live with that.

@Angel-125 Possible bug:

In earlier pre-releases, there was an inline lab part. It's CFG file is missing in the current release, but it's thumbnail and model files are still there.

I'd like to use the lab module part, and this was likely a mistake, could you take a look?

Oh, and which IVA mod am I supposed to use?

Edited by SkyFall2489

4 hours ago, SkyFall2489 said:

@Angel-125 Possible bug:

In earlier pre-releases, there was an inline lab part. It's CFG file is missing in the current release, but it's thumbnail and model files are still there.

I'd like to use the lab module part, and this was likely a mistake, could you take a look?

Oh, and which IVA mod am I supposed to use?

Ouch. Yeah, looks like the science lab got deleted by mistake. I will fix that tomorrow.

On 8/30/2022 at 1:41 PM, TheSaint said:

I was playing around with the pre-release last night, it looks great. Although I did find that if you make a short chassis rover with the robotic wheels, start from a dead stop and accelerate as fast as you can, when you get somewhere over 22 m/s it suddenly pulls to the left and flips without any user input. If you accelerate to, say, 20 m/s, then start gradually edging your way up, it goes great all the way over 30 m/s, you can merge onto the freeway without any problems. And if you make the chassis long, like the longest chassis segment or longer, it doesn't seem to be an issue. It's kind of an edge case, but I don't know if it points to anything deeper.

Speaking of Buffalo 1, I did see some parts that are in Buffalo 1 that aren't listed in the various phases, was wondering if they are going to make their way over:

• The decoupler. I use that a lot for getting rovers to where they need to rove.
  • The chassis end cap. Yeah, it's cosmetic, I know.
  • The Mineshaft. Buffalo always seemed a weird place for it anyway, seemed to me like it should have been in Pathfinder. But, wherever it is, I need it. It solved all my base-building headaches.

I would totally just keep Buffalo 1 installed for this stuff, but it would be nice not to have to.

Just noticed this is on CKAN. I am pumped! Also, does Wild Blue Core conflict with Wild Blue Tools, or am I good having both?

4 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Just noticed this is on CKAN. I am pumped! Also, does Wild Blue Core conflict with Wild Blue Tools, or am I good having both?

According to earlier postings, both are required.  Wild Blue Core provides some shared bits between DSEV and Buffalo 2

3 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

If you only have Buffalo 2, you ONLY need Wild Blue Core. Wild Blue Tools is for those who install DSEV. For the aircraft parts that I'm working on, you'll need Kerbal Actuators. It is listed as the first mod in the recommended mods section of the original post.

Anyway, here is Buffalo 1.0.1. It fixes some IVA issues and restores the missing B2 Laboratory Module.

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

If you only have Buffalo 2, you ONLY need Wild Blue Core. Wild Blue Tools is for those who install DSEV. For the aircraft parts that I'm working on, you'll need Kerbal Actuators. It is listed as the first mod in the recommended mods section of the original post.

Anyway, here is Buffalo 1.0.1. It fixes some IVA issues and restores the missing B2 Laboratory Module.

What IVA mod should I use to get the alarm buttons to work? MAS? RPM? 

Today I finished up refactoring the OG Buffalo's wings for Buffalo 2. If you have both mods installed then you'll be able to use them side by side, but the new B2 wings have a few extras. Unlike the old wings, the new wings hold Liquid Fuel and you can put them in cargo holds. I also redid the saddle tanks, though I need to make a conformal variant that won't clip into the cargo bays that I have planned. And as before, the wing root can pivot if you have DockRotate installed. I might have to take on a version of it as @peteletroll hasn't been around in awhile... Anyway, here is a preview:

ZXDTep5.png

C0EXgIv.png

tRx46bm.png

6LUmLbt.png