Buffalo 2 Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

Today I worked on the B2 Sloped Endcap. It has Rover and Superstructure variants. For the Superstructure, there are long and short options as well as solid and corridor options. Here's a preview:

gJJbqFC.png

NmLR5HU.png

Dhysv9h.png

HXFKoHZ.png

s95QK2U.png

SggjOLS.png

And some context):

ZvP5pu9.png

fbWC2Pe.png

gaO27in.png

SmFUYl9.png

NOTE: you'll need to use the Mini Logistics Module's new Pilot House variant to get the Sloped Endcap to line up like it does in these shots.

I also worked on the new Buffalo Power Chassis. It is a short-length chassis segment that trades several batteries for a fuel cell and an integrated solar array. I didn't quite finish it, but here's a look:

8F5BOQZ.png

I've been going like gangbusters on Buffalo 2, mostly because I've got the time to do it right now, and I want to finish this project by end of the year at the latest. So today, I finished up the  Buffalo Power Chassis:

1lhUF2z.png

And I built the BC-S1 Adapter:

lhV3vay.png

Some context for the adapter:

zCTB3p9.png

I have three more parts to make before Buffalo 2 v1.2 is ready, but you can find a pre-release with the latest here.

I've installed buffalo2 v1.1 but I am getting error from B9 PartSwitcher relating to the cargo parts; 

[ERROR] [Part wbiLogisticsModule] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] must have at least one subtype without tech restrictions, removing tech restriction on first subtype
[ERROR] [Part wbiLogisticsModule(Clone)] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] must have at least one subtype without tech restrictions, removing tech restriction on first subtype
[ERROR] [Part wbiShortLogisticsModule] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] must have at least one subtype without tech restrictions, removing tech restriction on first subtype
[Part wbiShortLogisticsModule(Clone)] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] must have at least one subtype without tech restrictions, removing tech restriction on first subtype
[Part wbiStorageWedge] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] must have at least one subtype without tech restrictions, removing tech restriction on first subtype
[Part wbiStorageWedge(Clone)] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] must have at least one subtype without tech restrictions, removing tech restriction on first subtype

Eventually B9PartSwitcher fails at the start menu and the game must be cancels.  If I prune the four cargo parts then the game loads without error, and sadly without the cargo parts.  Any thoughts on what B9PartSwitcher's issue might be? 

37 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

I've installed buffalo2 v1.1 but I am getting error from B9 PartSwitcher relating to the cargo parts; 

[ERROR] [Part wbiLogisticsModule] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] must have at least one subtype without tech restrictions, removing tech restriction on first subtype
[ERROR] [Part wbiLogisticsModule(Clone)] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] must have at least one subtype without tech restrictions, removing tech restriction on first subtype
[ERROR] [Part wbiShortLogisticsModule] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] must have at least one subtype without tech restrictions, removing tech restriction on first subtype
[Part wbiShortLogisticsModule(Clone)] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] must have at least one subtype without tech restrictions, removing tech restriction on first subtype
[Part wbiStorageWedge] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] must have at least one subtype without tech restrictions, removing tech restriction on first subtype
[Part wbiStorageWedge(Clone)] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] must have at least one subtype without tech restrictions, removing tech restriction on first subtype

Eventually B9PartSwitcher fails at the start menu and the game must be cancels.  If I prune the four cargo parts then the game loads without error, and sadly without the cargo parts.  Any thoughts on what B9PartSwitcher's issue might be? 

I haven’t seen that but it looks like a B9PS error. Can you ask on the form?

@Caerfinonand @Angel-125, it looks like it happens when you have Sandcastle but not WildBlueTools installed, which seems to imply something wrong with the patches in buffalo2/patches/B9PS.cfg, where the b9ps modules get added. So you can avoid it by installing WBT and using it's omni-storage feature.

The "BEFORE[Sandcastle]" means it requires Sandcastle, not just 'run before sandcastle if it's installed', which seems like it might be the intended behavior? Otherwise you won't ever get the B9PS modules if you don't happen to have Sandcastle, so the ModuleInventoryPart patches might need to be separated out into patches with "BEFORE[Sandcastle]", and remove the "BEFORE[Sandcastle]" from the B9PS patches. And the actual error might just because there's no default subtype applied before patching in other mod's resources.

Try this version of the patch:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-i-LzPPmONzqotFppdDx0V-E0tW0Ksca/view?usp=sharing

Place it here, replacing the old one: GameData/WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo2/Patches/B9PS.cfg

7 hours ago, Rodger said:

@Caerfinonand @Angel-125, it looks like it happens when you have Sandcastle but not WildBlueTools installed, which seems to imply something wrong with the patches in buffalo2/patches/B9PS.cfg, where the b9ps modules get added. So you can avoid it by installing WBT and using it's omni-storage feature.

The "BEFORE[Sandcastle]" means it requires Sandcastle, not just 'run before sandcastle if it's installed', which seems like it might be the intended behavior? Otherwise you won't ever get the B9PS modules if you don't happen to have Sandcastle, so the ModuleInventoryPart patches might need to be separated out into patches with "BEFORE[Sandcastle]", and remove the "BEFORE[Sandcastle]" from the B9PS patches. And the actual error might just because there's no default subtype applied before patching in other mod's resources.

Try this version of the patch:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-i-LzPPmONzqotFppdDx0V-E0tW0Ksca/view?usp=sharing

Place it here, replacing the old one: GameData/WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo2/Patches/B9PS.cfg

I should just get rid of B9PS support, it just causes me no end of grief.

Nice shark catcher! I didn't get very far with SunkWorks' boat parts but I like what you did with them. :) I'm working hard to finish Buffalo 2 ASAP and it has to be done no later than end of the year- that's when I'm retiring from modding KSP 1 and enjoying the fruits of my labor. So I don't know if I'll have time to finish the boat parts...

Today I built the new Auxiliary Electronic Navigator (same name as the original, different part). It has two length variants: Short, and Medium-Short:

hZGDMxj.png

EaThI24.png

Then I took a detour and built a B2 Chassis Tank when I realized that the Buffalo Power Chassis had no LFO storage. It supports WildBlueTools, of course, and (grumble) B9PS. Here's a look:

7IIBcWq.png

ns078J0.png

What do you do with these new parts? Well, I'm gearing up to make a Buffalo Crawler that's designed to pick up modules for a Buffalo 2 base and haul them around. Here's some context:

guZXHcH.png

WCGCnHn.png

The Buffalo Crawler carries the base element on its back. I'm planning on making a Power Support Unit and a Resource Support Unit based on the PSU from NASA's Habitat Demonstration Unit (See Figure 4). In the above image, I'm simulating the PSU/RSU using chassis parts. In case you're wondering, I tried to make the Ti-ATHLETE a few years ago using robotics but it didn't go well. The robotics joints were simply too wobbly. It's here in the Breaking Ground Mini-Mods in case you're interested. I've thought about taking one last attempt at it by using DockRotate's NodeRotate, but it would need its parts redone, and I am short on time...

23 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

So I don't know if I'll have time to finish the boat parts.

The stuff you've provided in Sunkworks is invaluable to doing things on and under the water surface. Really appreciate the detail you put into it. Thanks.   

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.