Buffalo 2 Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

I'm making a monorail!

I use the superstructure variants for the tracks (that big beam on which the monorail goes).

So I'll say a small thing:
To do superstructures, you sometimes need HUGE parts.
I would like to see a part that has (at least) the superstructure cross-section but with a customizable length, or if not possible (or if you want to keep it simple) different variants with lengths of 1,2,5,10 and 100 meters (or the like). That'll be better for tracks and huge suerstructures, no?

Anways, great job -- works better than stock.

I have noticed that Kerbals have difficulties passing through the doors of the B2 side hatch (even if they are opened).

Also the right window of the observer variant of the command module has a small issue :)

Edited by Nazalassa
they be opened not closed lol

Hey, there is a question that just occurred to me: Is it possible to make a manipulator arm that can undertake KAS/KIS/stock construction functions? It would be nice to make construction pods that could, you know, actually construct stuff.

23 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Hey, there is a question that just occurred to me: Is it possible to make a manipulator arm that can undertake KAS/KIS/stock construction functions? It would be nice to make construction pods that could, you know, actually construct stuff.

Unfortunately, no. I tried doing that with THOMPBERRY (the repair bot in EVA Repairs) to no avail. Stock EVA Construction is explicitly tied to kerbals, and from what I can tell, so is KIS/KAS.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Unfortunately, no. I tried doing that with THOMPBERRY (the repair bot in EVA Repairs) to no avail. Stock EVA Construction is explicitly tied to kerbals, and from what I can tell, so is KIS/KAS.

:(

I figured that was probably the case. Oh well, guess my guys have to draw straws to unhook the reactor module....

Today I made more progress on the RSU parts; now there's an optional notch in the mid section part to accommodate the Buffalo Chassis Coupler. Why? Here's why:

phXmhHD.png

The docking port notch is there to enable a chassis-based rover to slip under the RSU, pick it up, and haul it somewhere. Stock landing legs are standing in for a set of stilts that I'll be making later.

2 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

Also I think that 6 m/s crash tolerance for the endcaps is a bit too low, why is it inferior to the rover parts' ?

They should probably be updated. To save time I tend to copy existing config files and modify them.

Today I finished up the baseline Resource Support Unit parts. With these done, I started working on the Converter Support Unit. Here's a preview:

ZLMX84I.png

It borrows the mesh from the original Buffalo's Micro ISRU. I'll be retexturing that to bring it up to Restock standard.

Anyway, the first pre-release of 1.3: Back to Bases, can be found here. It has the three RSU parts in it.

Some shots of my space station from before, now with visitors and a new module (also thanks to Buffalo 2).
52408026128_31aa2dac8e_o.png
52407954295_2d87b89b84_o.png
52407954485_5ab283514f_o.png
Oh, and for those who are wondering, the main pod of the crew vehicle is courtesy of @benjee10's Coriolis Space Systems.

Edited by Blufor878

1 hour ago, Blufor878 said:

Some shots of my space station from before, now with visitors and a new module (also thanks to Buffalo 2).
52408026128_31aa2dac8e_o.png
52407954295_2d87b89b84_o.png
52407954485_5ab283514f_o.png
Oh, and for those who are wondering, the main pod of the crew vehicle is courtesy of @benjee10's Coriolis Space Systems.

you should make a space station module that has the buffalo resource support module and an engine so that it can grab a space station module and dock it.