Buffalo 2 Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

14 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Buffasub Mk2 test:

Jeb carefully maneuvers the sub next to the docking port of SeaBase:

SeaBase crew has been transferred:

I've got some bugs to fix in SunkWorks, but this is a nice test of Buffalo 2 in sea mode. :)

Who lives in a B2station under the sea......

20 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Not a bug, the new Fuel Cell Module is supposed to generate 100 EC/sec. If anything the PSU should be buffed.

What I meant is that ExtraPlanetary Launchpads buffs the stock fuel cells. There is a patch in B2 to provide a matching buff to the PSU, but not the B2 FCM.

1 hour ago, SkyFall2489 said:

What I meant is that ExtraPlanetary Launchpads buffs the stock fuel cells. There is a patch in B2 to provide a matching buff to the PSU, but not the B2 FCM.

Ah. Yeah, that's by design. The Fuel Cell Module is already set to generate 100EC/sec. You'll need that to power the upcoming aquatic engine.

Idea:

Might be too late for this, but in your JNSQ career mission report, the lore seems to be that B2 was developed from old MOLE parts. Perhaps theres still some old MOLE things hiding in parts of the B2 modules? Say, old mission patches, MOLE-era equipment...

16 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

I'm a little late, but I love what you have done with the new Buffalo series of parts. It's really making me want to fire up KSP again to mess around with it. 

Thanks! I'm in the home stretch of this project and am trying to get it finished before the end of the year. Ideally, I want it done before December.

6 hours ago, SkyFall2489 said:

Idea:

Might be too late for this, but in your JNSQ career mission report, the lore seems to be that B2 was developed from old MOLE parts. Perhaps theres still some old MOLE things hiding in parts of the B2 modules? Say, old mission patches, MOLE-era equipment...

Unfortunately, yes, it's too late for that. But Buffalo 2 has been set up as a backdoor replacement of MOLE since the start- that's why the body parts have the Station variant. Most of the parts in MOLE are now part of the Making History expansion and are no longer needed.

Today, I finished up the B2 Bioreactor Module. It converts Fish into Liquid Fuel, and converts IntakeAir into Oxidizer. For the latter, you'll need a source of IntakeAir, which you'll get on planets with oxygenated atmospheres. Anyway, here's a look:

gbWwvE0.png

H5mna1M.png

(Yup, the converter is inspired from Subnautica's Bioreactor.)

The latest pre-release has the new part in it.

Next up will be the aquatic propulsion parts. They might go into SunkWorks since I have some plugin fixes to make, and you'd need SunkWorks installed to use them.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Thanks! I'm in the home stretch of this project and am trying to get it finished before the end of the year. Ideally, I want it done before December.

Unfortunately, yes, it's too late for that. But Buffalo 2 has been set up as a backdoor replacement of MOLE since the start- that's why the body parts have the Station variant. Most of the parts in MOLE are now part of the Making History expansion and are no longer needed.

Today, I finished up the B2 Bioreactor Module. It converts Fish into Liquid Fuel, and converts IntakeAir into Oxidizer. For the latter, you'll need a source of IntakeAir, which you'll get on planets with oxygenated atmospheres. Anyway, here's a look:

gbWwvE0.png

H5mna1M.png

(Yup, the converter is inspired from Subnautica's Bioreactor.)

The latest pre-release has the new part in it.

Next up will be the aquatic propulsion parts. They might go into SunkWorks since I have some plugin fixes to make, and you'd need SunkWorks installed to use them.

I still love MOLE anyway, even if it’s a bit long in the tooth.

I took a small break from Buffalo 2 today to work on an idea that I've had for awhile: a 3.75m diameter aerospike!

8KVLnk5.png

2FpOqu2.png

This is a conical version of my Mk-33 mod's linear aerospike, and it reuses many of the meshes that I did. It's a side project, one I hope to be done with before the end of the year, so don't expect a lot of updates while I continue to work through Buffalo 2...