Buffalo 2 Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

2 hours ago, SkyFall2489 said:

You could probably just use the rover variant and stick a clamp o tron on the top node.

Yeah, but it would be nice if there were a part that had the port integrated into the mesh and IVA like the side ports are.

10 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Thought just occurred to me today: Is there a B2 part with a docking port available on the top of the module?

The stock clamp-o-tron fits perfectly to the top of the Clydesdale.  If you want an airlock, the DSEV S1 Radial Airlock fits also

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Yup.

Umm..  Maybe not.  I deleted that directory and everything WildBlue failed to load.
Not a major deal.  Restored the directory and all is good.  A moment of "oh dang" though.

Update:  Hrmm..  This has had fallout.  All of my tourist contracts have disappeared - but I've still got a bunch of tourists hanging around and out at tours that have now disappeared.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

57 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Umm..  Maybe not.  I deleted that directory and everything WildBlue failed to load.
Not a major deal.  Restored the directory and all is good.  A moment of "oh dang" though.

You might want to download straight from GitHub because I have removed that dependency from my mods.

Just now, Angel-125 said:

You might want to download straight from GitHub because I have removed that dependency from my mods.

I likely have one or more things that haven't been updated enough.  It appears that when I started up the game and none of the Wildblue things loaded, it went and removed the associated contracts. 

I'm normally really good about saving off a backup before doing anything, but neglected it this time.  Huhh.. now how to get rid of a bunch of tourists that have no tours.

Just now, Ooglak Kerman said:

Huhh.. now how to get rid of a bunch of tourists that have no tours

Method one: Load them into an airplane/rocket and fly them at maximum speed into a nearby mountain/planet. 

Method two: Edit the persistent.sfs file of your game (while your game is not running). Find the roster section, delete at the lines that define each tourist.  Start your game. 

Just now, Caerfinon said:

Method one: Load them into an airplane/rocket and fly them at maximum speed into a nearby mountain/planet. 

Method two: Edit the persistent.sfs file of your game (while your game is not running). Find the roster section, delete at the lines that define each tourist.  Start your game. 

Yeah.  I'll be taking option 2 on that.  The interesting thing is that when I recover a load of tourists for whom the contract has disappeared, they remain on my roster.  Not sure what would happen with tourists who have been disassociated from a contract if you fed them to Jool.

I've got 3 tourist missions out right now with a bunch of tourists and another bunch of them waiting to go.  I'll get them all recovered cleanly and then edit the persistent.sfs.

Woe!  100M funds go poof!  There'll be other ones though.  Reinforced the lesson of always do a backup before adding/deleting anything!

5 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

The interesting thing is that when I recover a load of tourists for whom the contract has disappeared, they remain on my roster.

I ran into this when writing contracts. Tourists that do not die when a contract fails, do not disappear. They migrate to the Astronaut Complex and stay there forever. Even if you specifically tell Contract Configurator to remove them

My work around in writing tourist contracts was to detect the contract failure conditions and execute a DestroyVessel command. The contract ended in failure and everybody died... but no tourists hogging space back at the KSC.    

Edited by Caerfinon

Finally tonight, the stock Clydesdale IVA:

ajs8tCq.png

2jUkkOn.png

4j4GmSW.png

The captain's ready room and the lounge are unchanged from the MAS version. I should note that I got rid of the vertical bridge since it was too confusing, and replaced it with the captain's ready room- the captain gets a spectacular view. I moved the lounge downstairs where the ready room used to be.

That concludes the Clydesdale refit, the last part is the Danube Delta refit...

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Finally tonight, the stock Clydesdale IVA:

The captain's ready room and the lounge are unchanged from the MAS version. I should note that I got rid of the vertical bridge since it was too confusing, and replaced it with the captain's ready room- the captain gets a spectacular view. I moved the lounge downstairs where the ready room used to be.

That concludes the Clydesdale refit, the last part is the Danube Delta refit...

The Captain should get the e-ticket view!
Nicely done!  It's looking just awesome.

11 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

I ran into this when writing contracts. Tourists that do not die when a contract fails, do not disappear. They migrate to the Astronaut Complex and stay there forever. Even if you specifically tell Contract Configurator to remove them

My work around in writing tourist contracts was to detect the contract failure conditions and execute a DestroyVessel command. The contract ended in failure and everybody died... but no tourists hogging space back at the KSC.    

As it turns out, all the contract information is in save files.  I reverted to a quicksave that was just before branching off to do testing with DSEV and Buffalo 2 and everything is back.

Quick save often and definitely before you change/add/delete mods or other things.

For those who might not know, Buffalo 2 has a pre-release to play with, and it can be found here. I've updated it with new props- the alert light and alert buttons, as well as the Wild Blue Core plugin that powers them. I also updated the Station textures to give them a "thermal blanket" look. This update is needed if you want to play with the DSEV Refit.

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

For those who might not know, Buffalo 2 has a pre-release to play with, and it can be found here. I've updated it with new props- the alert light and alert buttons, as well as the Wild Blue Core plugin that powers them. I also updated the Station textures to give them a "thermal blanket" look. This update is needed if you want to play with the DSEV Refit.

Noice!  I'll be adding that in tomorrow and having a look.  Thanks!

Ok.  Couldn't wait.  I like it.  Especially the greenhouse with all the plants rotating around.  That's just cool.

The couch usage is interesting.  Wonder what is going on here in the DSEV?  The fold out couches are fun!

Spoiler

QOzV2sf.png

Man.. Crew capacity is greatly increased pretty much all around.  Just the D2 modules on my DSS-1 will hold 79.  It's got Clydesdale, Science, Briefing, Habitat, Sickbay, Stateroom, Greenhouse.  Capacity!!

Overall, the sofa behavior is...Interesting

In the Clydesdale in what I think must be the captains stateroom, one can occupy the SofaSeat.  One can occupy the SofaBed.  So with both spots occupied, you wind up with one in the lap of the other.

Spoiler

QOzV2sf.png

In the Stateroom
2 can occupy the SofaSeat.  One can occupy the SofaBed.  All three can be occupied.  No judgements!  :lol:

Spoiler

hAXcIvW.png

I like the Habitat.  4 separate bedrooms.  Each with a sofa.  No screenshot of that.

I've not sorted out how to initiate Red/Yellow/Blue alerts.  The buttons don't appear to work for me.    This is just cool as can be though.  So many little details to find and explore.  Like a treasure hunt.  Love the icecream all over the place.  Makes me want some now.  Super job @Angel-125.  You obviously put a lot of thought and huge effort into this project.  This and the B2 parts open whole new possibilities.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

1 hour ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Man.. Crew capacity is greatly increased pretty much all around.  Just the D2 modules on my DSS-1 will hold 79.  It's got Clydesdale, Science, Briefing, Habitat, Sickbay, Stateroom, Greenhouse.  Capacity!!

Overall, the sofa behavior is...Interesting

In the Clydesdale in what I think must be the captains stateroom, one can occupy the SofaSeat.  One can occupy the SofaBed.  So with both spots occupied, you wind up with one in the lap of the other.

Hide contents

In the Stateroom
2 can occupy the SofaSeat.  One can occupy the SofaBed.  All three can be occupied.  No judgements!  :lol:

Hide contents

I like the Habitat.  4 separate bedrooms.  Each with a sofa.  No screenshot of that.

I've not sorted out how to initiate Red/Yellow/Blue alerts.  The buttons don't appear to work for me.    This is just cool as can be though.  So many little details to find and explore.  Like a treasure hunt.  Love the icecream all over the place.  Makes me want some now.  Super job @Angel-125.  You obviously put a lot of thought and huge effort into this project.  This and the B2 parts open whole new possibilities.

The idea behind those sofa bed "seats" is that the kerbal either sits upright OR "sits" in the sleeping position, not both unless you're getting cozy...

The alert buttons are definitely working, I did thorough testing of them. Be sure to copy Buffalo 2's included WildBlueCore folder.

Meanwhile, today I got the Cupola variants for the Buffalo 2 Command Pod. Here's a preview:

hRlyjlA.png

This is the Station variant of the cupola. As noted a few weeks ago, you'll need to add storage wedges to complete the cylindrical look.

pgKMBUz.png

And the interior..

L0flOUj.png

qtKUKxj.png

Tomorrow I'll tackle the Pilot House front-end variant of the command pod. It will be a superstructure part variant. It's inspired by this:

lXUJdNK.jpg

I apologize if I came across as dismissive or critical of your work.  That was creative thinking to get a kerbal to lay down for sure.  The modules you've made add real depth to the game.  Huh..  building a station that would hold 80 kerbals in stock would be unwieldy to say the least.

Looking forward to you releasing the cupola so I can pull the stock cupolas off of DSS-1 and have all kerbal habitable areas of the ship be from these mods.

For the alert buttons, it's a near certainty that I missed something. 

20 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

The idea behind those sofa bed "seats" is that the kerbal either sits upright OR "sits" in the sleeping position, not both unless you're getting cozy...

The alert buttons are definitely working, I did thorough testing of them. Be sure to copy Buffalo 2's included WildBlueCore folder.

Meanwhile, today I got the Cupola variants for the Buffalo 2 Command Pod. Here's a preview:

hRlyjlA.png

This is the Station variant of the cupola. As noted a few weeks ago, you'll need to add storage wedges to complete the cylindrical look.

pgKMBUz.png

And the interior..

L0flOUj.png

qtKUKxj.png

Tomorrow I'll tackle the Pilot House front-end variant of the command pod. It will be a superstructure part variant. It's inspired by this:

lXUJdNK.jpg

The cupola variant could probably be turned into an inline pod like the one I requested a while ago by using the standard endcap mesh on the front end and adding a node there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.