Buffalo 2 Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

5 hours ago, chaos113 said:

also what does the aquarium module do

It's primarily for submarines, but the aquarium module (a nod to Subnautica Below Zero) catches Fish when you're in the right environment, such as the oceans of Kerbin and Laythe. If you have Snacks installed, then in the B2 Galley Module, you can make Sushi- turning Fish into Snacks.

2 hours ago, SkyFall2489 said:

So, you're calling off the KFS mothership and SunkWorks then?

Most likely, yes. I haven't worked on the KFS mothership in years, and produced Blueshift instead. SunkWorks has the basics for submarines, but the hull parts were proving to be more trouble than they're worth. But you might notice that I've hedged my bets a bit; Buffalo 2 has "superstructure" part variants for a reason...

But the real issue is that I'm pretty burned out from work, spend more time modding KSP than playing, and I'd like to enjoy the stuff that I've made. With KSP 2 arriving sometime next year, I want time to relax and have fun with my mods before the next version of the game is released.

May i suggest having an additional inner hatch prop without the vacuum label? It's okay a couple of times, but seeing the same joke on each and every door gets very old very quickly.

Edited by nothingSpecial

Today I got the light switches in game. There's more than one light switch, and they're in sync.

7JPrL9P.png

qAuO8Zm.png

There's also a "Secure Transmission" switch for those like @adsii1970 who need secure transmissions. Really, the switch can cycle through several different colors....

REvYWrH.png

I also fixed up the projector screen. Now, if you select an image and then roll the screen up, the image is turned off. If you then unroll the screen again, the image will appear after the screen fully unrolls. That's hard to show, so here's an update to the image:

x2L3l9J.png

ftNsVnn.png

Next up is the seat switcher that'll let you reassign kerbals to seats.

Not a huge update today, but I fixed some bugs in the lighting, wired the internal light switch up to the external model's window lights, and made the digital picture frame:

KhsvrKr.png

MrpmOmZ.png

I also added the "Secure Transmission" button to the B2 Briefing Module- you never know when you need to have a secure conversation in the briefing room...

I also started working on the seat switcher, but that's not done yet.

On 2/18/2022 at 12:01 AM, Angel-125 said:

Work has been a beast this week, but I've been slowly working on the generic IVAs. Here you can see the flooring for both the short module (left) and the full-length module (right):

22bjh0s.png

The ceiling is set up so that I can place roof windows on future models while still leaving a center isle for kerbals to walk on.

N0OIoxt.png

Once the generic IVAs are done, they'll set the tone for variants such as the longer windows and modules with overhead windows. They'll be filled with props from Near Future Props. :)

The interiors look VERY subnautica

Also, Please include Bob & Jebs ice cream again 

Will this be compatible with buffalo 1 with some sort of adapter?

Edited by Rutabaga22

4 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

The interiors look VERY subnautica

Also, Please include Bob & Jebs ice cream again 

Will this be compatible with buffalo 1 with some sort of adapter?

Subnautica was indeed a major influence on the IVAs.

I totally forgot about Bill & Jeb's Excellent Ice Cream! That's part of Wild Blue Tools though..

I was planning on retiring Buffalo 1 after completing Buffalo 2. B2 is vastly better than the original.

And bonus update tonight: seat switching!

3BOjn3m.png

1o51rY9.png

ti9b7le.png

GqRDTgv.png

BLIAG8K.png

I've got some more IVA issues to fix, but I'm almost done with the B2 Stateroom Module.

aaa

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I totally forgot about Bill & Jeb's Excellent Ice Cream! That's part of Wild Blue Tools though..

I meant in the IVAs. In one of the buffalo IVAs there was one or two pints of ben and jerry's  Bob and Jebs.

7 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

aaa

I meant in the IVAs. In one of the buffalo IVAs there was one or two pints of ben and jerry's  Bob and Jebs.

Got it. Yeah, the original Buffalo uses the (horribly organized, shame on me, I'm a professional software engineer) WildBlueTools. I'm trying avoid that legacy and instead rely on the better organized and documented WildBlueCore. WBC doesn't have any of the ice cream props. I suppose I could add them but I'm trying to avoid duplicate work.

Meanwhile, I got the IVA issues worked out, and finished up the B2 Stateroom Module:

q9tJWTT.png

c6Tlzme.png

2e6MN0f.png

o1HtN6x.png

cZeGemu.png

In building up the new part modules, props, and prop modules, I got an idea for one more module: B2 Sickbay. Unless you have Snacks' Stress enabled, it won't do much except look cool. But with Snacks' Stress, kerbals in Sickbay will recover Stress faster than activities like Relaxing, Stargazing, Exercising, Cooking, and Fishing. Technically I could have Sickbay consume some resource like Medical Supplies, but game-play wise I don't think that's needed. Anyway, Sickbay shouldn't take too long  because I have just about everything I need.