Buffalo 2 Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

It also depends on where the pilot(s) sit. If they're actually sitting in the dome, then it makes sense to spend the weight for all the glass to give them the extra visibility. If they're sitting back on the metal portion of the cab, then pushing the glass out just to give a slight improvement in hydrodynamics doesn't make any sense.

If I were going to make a simple wishlist, without considering effort or time required, I would say make two options: a wrap-around glass version of the snubnose, and a lower-glass, lower-visibility version of the longer-nosed, more streamlined version. Those seem like logical trade-offs to me.

13 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Interesting and relevant video on the shape of submarine bows:

True, but a video that doesn't exist because it doesn't need to is "Why Modern Submarines Don't Have Noses Made Entirely Of Glass", so we've already abandoned realism long ago. Maybe the best choice for the guppy would be a variant system like all the other Buffalo 2 parts.

48 minutes ago, CT-D37 said:

True, but a video that doesn't exist because it doesn't need to is "Why Modern Submarines Don't Have Noses Made Entirely Of Glass", so we've already abandoned realism long ago. Maybe the best choice for the guppy would be a variant system like all the other Buffalo 2 parts.

Agreed 

Today I made progress on the Guppy's IVA. It isn't done by any stretch of the imagination. I focused on making sure that the interior lines up with the exterior, and that the IVA mask lines up as well. I got the interior lighting done as well. With that done I can finish up the modeling of the interior over the next few days. Here's a look:

cLdsTHC.png

VBrFoj5.png

M2ocHRW.png

16 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

What did you decide for guppy size and stuff?

It's the same width and form factor as the Buffalo 2 body modules that have a ballast wedge underneath. For length it's a bit over 2.2m long. I went with the elongated nose design.

16 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I wasn't planning on it, it's the only way in and out.

Ah, i was hoping that wasn't the case as the general look of the part  makes me think it'd look good as a bridge on a ship.

Edited by Sky The Heck
minor spelling mistake

Today I finished up the Guppy IVA.

Stock:

hEzvItd.png

LBONijV.png

MOARdv's Avionics Systems:

gIQg9Fu.png

3Oy7joz.png

I'm happy to say that this is the last IVA that I need to make for Buffalo 2! :)

Finally, since it wasn't too difficult to do, I added three part variants to the Guppy.

Submarine:

LlEdMqD.png

Submarine (No hatch):

DfUayDN.png

Station:

wWCcKA8.png

... And baring bug fixes/feedback updates, that concludes the Guppy Submarine Module! :)

You can play with the latest here. There's just one more part left to make...