What will you do for your first ksp2 mission

Setting up a colony on Duna for the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards i will build later on.

Edit: If you mean first mission as first launch: Putting a MK1 Pod on the launch pad to collect my first science.

Edited by Gurkonier

Wh... Why are you people talking like mk1 pod is going to be a starting vehicle for whatever reason, or you're going to collect science points to unlock parts when you know full well that the entire science system is either thrown into the trash or reimagined from scratch?

I have no idea what my first mission is going to be because I don't know what the game will throw at me in the first minute of my progression save.

43 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Wh... Why are you people talking like mk1 pod is going to be a starting vehicle for whatever reason, or you're going to collect science points to unlock parts when you know full well that the entire science system is either thrown into the trash or reimagined from scratch?

I have no idea what my first mission is going to be because I don't know what the game will throw at me in the first minute of my progression save.

I was referencing the first mission in KSP 1 as a way to say that I will be doing the progression in KSP 2. Also, I feel that there is a pretty good chance the initial missions will look similar for nostalgia purposes. 

6 hours ago, t_v said:

nostalgia purposes.

No point. It is no direct sequel or continuation where you need to know the first before starting the second, only a better, bigger installment of the series. There are people who never touched KSP1 and will start their adventure in KSP2. That nostalgia won't mean anything to them, it will be seen as strange choice, exactly like it is today.

GIRD-09 replica in sandbox mode.

rocket

Image source- http://www.russianspaceweb.com/gird09.html

It won't even reach space, but flying it and then leaving the debris is very symbolic to have still visible in your tracking center when you start landing on Duna or visiting the Jool system however long after. It will be even more poetic when going interstellar!