Wiki problem

frankieorabona

I'm trying to add some Italian page to the wiki, but every time I try to edit the page I have to wait for hours and hours because I get this error:

JMr9umT.png

It's really very frustrating, because as soon as you've done all the editing you get this error, with the risk maybe that you've spent almost an hour translating the page and you lose everything. The only way around this is to copy the changes and wait for the temporary ban to end (or log in from another network with a different IP and make the changes).

Is there any way to limit this error? Also because not only do I get temporarily banned from the wiki, but also the whole forum.

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

@frankieorabona I have split your question off to it’s own thread as the moderators don’t deal with the wiki very much.   We’ve notified IT to look into the issue. 

Thank you for reporting this ... the problem also occurs in the forum when I quickly open two or more forum links within a few seconds. Same problem...

On 1/30/2022 at 3:16 AM, frankieorabona said:

The only way around this is to copy the changes and wait for the temporary ban to end (or log in from another network with a different IP and make the changes).

Are you useing a VPN? if so disabling it when you want to make the edits might help, cant garentee this but see how you go. 

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.