Life on Lapat: Speculative Evolution

On 5/18/2022 at 2:30 PM, Timmon26 said:

Learning 3D animation by testing a tripod walk cycle, which the big herbivores will need to move around...

This is the left>right>back cycle. There's a case to be made for the L>B>R>B cycle but I thought it overworked the back leg too much. Since the abdomen is unsupported when the back leg lifts, it needs to be counterbalanced, so I had the long neck jut forward during the back step to act as a counterweight. This suggests even tripods that spend most of their time on three legs should still have their centers of mass just behind the front two. 

Probably not the most convenient walking strategy for poor Mr. Stompachonk; I guess that's why we don't have any true tripods in real life.

I guess it might be more realistic biologically for the third back leg to be stronger than the front two, so bulking it up a bit might make it look better. But I'm not a biology expert, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

• 3 months later...

The Duffus Duffus is both a great design and brings up a very interesting gameplay inclusion in the form of birdstrikes. The seesawi could do something similar by being a danger to any craft landed just by their sheer size.