[KOPERNICUS] JoolSurface

Hohmannson

JoolPoster.png

Very self-explanatory mod. It changes overall looks of Jool and adds a simple procedural wasteland beneath its clouds, making it into a new destination for your space frogs. It should run any visual packs, EVE, Scatterer, without problems, it has resources and other stuff normal Jool will get from mods. With pressure limits it will be even more interesting.

---------------------------------------------------------
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
------------------------------------------------------

Suggested mods:

Visual packs. Will add true clouds that can be seen from surface.
EveEngines, ExplodiumBreathingEngines. Absolutely must have for flying there.
Any mods with electric jets or propellers - RationalResources, KAX, you got it.
Also, Jool remains ore-abundant with RationalResources so you won't run out of fuel

If you feel need to touch it by Kopernicus patches(adding moons?), use JooI, not Jool (last letter is big "i")

Have fun, report bugs!

https://spacedock.info/mod/2967/JoolSurface

https://github.com/hohmannson/jool_surface/releases

Pics, clicks, stock EVE-less clouds. If someone doesn't like them or they a getting in the way of a visual mod, change fadestart, fadeend and deactivatealtitude to commented out values in Jool.cfg unknown.pngunknown.png

unknown.png

2 hours ago, alberro+ said:

compatible with JNSQ

This is a good idea. Personally i don't play JNSQ because the landing gear sinking bug is still crippling my playthroughts, but it should be easily adaptable - the surface is procedural and doesn't care about sizes. Maybe even doing something with Lindor too.

On 2/2/2022 at 9:44 PM, Hohmannson said:

This is a good idea. Personally i don't play JNSQ because the landing gear sinking bug is still crippling my playthroughts, but it should be easily adaptable - the surface is procedural and doesn't care about sizes. Maybe even doing something with Lindor too.

That bug is the bane of Kopernicus...  I swear...  lol.

• 2 years later...

Hi, currently im having trouble with Jooi, its about blackrack's volumetric clouds, i wanted to see more of the atmosphere before i touch the surface, but ive tried alot, for 12 hours plus lol

im not sure if the changing the radius in the config changes anything, and i tried editing blackrack's volumetric clouds altitdude but im not sure if its working either.

i may just be stupid and messing around with the wrong configs at all

13 hours ago, Agent Peri said:

radius in the config

Hi. I don't have Blackrack's Patreon clouds yet. My planet texture(from the poster image) is obscuring the volumetric clouds, or volumetric clouds are obscuring the planet surface?

In first case, you'll need to set deactivateAltitude = 300000, fadeStart = 100000, fadeEnd = 250000 in JooI.cfg  and the volumetrics should become visible from further away.

In second case i can't help you. Based on wiki for those clouds, you'll need to, like, draw new clouds for it. Flowmaps and other stuff.