[1.12.x] Reviva - the IVA revival and editor/flight switcher. Bug fixing release. (1.0.0 - 17th Feb 2024)

610yesnolovely

Absolute genius thank you so much...

For all these years, I used to duplicate parts and rename them, like "mk1 comand pod_modern", and then tweak all the cfg paths to then have multiple parts in game, with different ivas, and now it's finally over, yepeeeeee !! :D

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Hey, just wanted to let you know that the latest BDB version uses a new IVA for their LEM. I'm not sure if you needed to update Reviva to factor that in. Just thought I'd let you know.

Yes, the BDB 1.11  LM internals have changed names, so it'll mean Reviva will probably show nothing for the default selection. I'll be adding support for the Placeholder plus MEM IVA switch, plus checking the Gemini, Mercury and Apollo configs today (as I'm using BDB 1.11 personally)

57 minutes ago, 610yesnolovely said:

Yes, the BDB 1.11  LM internals have changed names, so it'll mean Reviva will probably show nothing for the default selection. I'll be adding support for the Placeholder plus MEM IVA switch, plus checking the Gemini, Mercury and Apollo configs today (as I'm using BDB 1.11 personally)

Thanks for responding so fast! Take your time and do what you need to do. Your work is great as always!

20 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Thanks for responding so fast! Take your time and do what you need to do. Your work is great as always!

From testing, the current version of Reviva will be okay for BDB 1.11, but you won't see a selection for the shown LM IVA (non-functional). I'll still be updating today, basically because I'm about to play with BDB 1.11 today so I'm waiting for me patiently also :-D

Release 0.7.7

Adds:

• Slightly improved support for BDB 1.11 Release.
    • Hermes/Mercury: Added Placeholder (empty) and BDBAlternate (super minimal, non-functional)
    • Vinci/Gemini: Added Placeholder (empty) and BDBAlternate (old FASA, non-functional)
    • Kane/Apollo: Added Placeholder (empty) and BDBRPM (functional RPM variant of non-functional BDB)
    • Sina/LEM: Added Placeholder (empty) and BDB2 (new BDB non-functional IVA), the older BDB remains unchanged for compatibility.

NOTES:

• Previous Reviva 0.7.6, 0.7.5, 0.7.4 will still work fine with BDB 1.11 - though the new non-functional LEM IVA will not be selectable.
  • Currently no LEM variants have IVA switching: ie. no engine cover, Taxi, Lab, Shelter. You get the BDB default only.
  • Similarly any Mercury, Gemini or Apollo variants (eg. Big Gemini or Apollo 5-Crew) do not have IVA switching, BDB default only.

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, x170doom said:

minor bug, the bdb mem doesn't seem to be working with the latest version (part switch is present but IVA never changes just stuck with flickering textures)

Noted. Not sure when I'll get a chance to look at this, but given that I'm a big user of BDB, and highly likely to need the MEM for landing, I have some motivation to take a look :-D

• 3 weeks later...

hi there, im having an issue surrounding the BDB IVAs?, on the stock pods i am able to freely change IVAS between ASET, RPM, Stock and what not, however on the BDB IVAS im not able to change between or sometimes select the interactable IVAS such as ASET, RPM, DEM ect. is this an issue with BDB or reviva or perhaps my poor install.

(Note i installed BDB via CKAN and initially i did the same with reviva but after having this same issue with reviva i manually installed reviva)

17 hours ago, Redundant said:

hi there, im having an issue surrounding the BDB IVAs?, on the stock pods i am able to freely change IVAS between ASET, RPM, Stock and what not, however on the BDB IVAS im not able to change between or sometimes select the interactable IVAS such as ASET, RPM, DEM ect. is this an issue with BDB or reviva or perhaps my poor install.

(Note i installed BDB via CKAN and initially i did the same with reviva but after having this same issue with reviva i manually installed reviva)

Sounds like the BDB configs might not be quite right, seeing as how somebody else is having issues there. I've added an issue to GitHub.

Usually I do modding on a Friday, hopefully I'll get time to take a look. As I mentioned I use BDB a lot, and I use IVA a lot, but what I didn't mention is that I'm stuck in early career at the moment (probes only) so I've not been using either. Hopefully I'll fix it sooner than when I try to use IVA from Apollo I'll remember "oh... yeah... that bug... yeah, this is broken". :-)

https://github.com/harveyt/reviva/issues/10

4 hours ago, 610yesnolovely said:

Sounds like the BDB configs might not be quite right, seeing as how somebody else is having issues there. I've added an issue to GitHub.

Usually I do modding on a Friday, hopefully I'll get time to take a look. As I mentioned I use BDB a lot, and I use IVA a lot, but what I didn't mention is that I'm stuck in early career at the moment (probes only) so I've not been using either. Hopefully I'll fix it sooner than when I try to use IVA from Apollo I'll remember "oh... yeah... that bug... yeah, this is broken". :-)

https://github.com/harveyt/reviva/issues/10

sweet, thanks so much, love the mod!

0.8.0 Release - Bug fixing (16th Dec 2022)

Fixes:

• Fix GitHub Issue 9: Thanks to JonnyOThan:
    • Clone the partInfo so that changes to the internal config don't affect all instances of the same part.
  • Extra fix from Fix GitHub Issue 9, again thanks to JonnyOThan:
    • Fix an issue with internals that don't have crew capacity, exposed by FreeIva.

I tried replicating the BDB issues, but I could not reproduce them. I could succesfully switch RPM or MAS IVA from various sources on Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and LM modules from 1.11 - more information required, otherwise my assumption is it's either how I'm testing or the user has some strange mod interaction/install issue. Send moar info! :-)

Edited by 610yesnolovely

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 610yesnolovely said:

0.8.1 Release - Bug fixing (2nd Jan 2023)

Fixes:

• Added support for AirplanePlus Mk1/0 Caged Inline (same as Mk1 Caged Inline).
    • Note that the part does not fit exactly and has the wrong interior window structure, but is better than nothing.

I'm currently testing Reviva, together with another new mod of my K-Planes (in-dev GAP-like contracts for plane building from early through to SSTOs). So you'll see updates as I actually use Reviva for real with various mods.

I also released Wacapella, combo mod for CNAR and Taerobee which adds a WAC Corporal, for a good early career sounding rocket:

Here's a cockpit from one plane, Warbirds IVA on the  stock Mk1 Inline. Hopefully it'll inspire some non-rocket IVA designs :-)

I also posted a rare video of flying the plane, using TrackIR and joystick/throttle. I tried some acrobatics with smoke - since the plane is based off a Pitts Special acrobatic biplane.

I fixed the Mk1/0 Caged Inline so you can get similar for the Airplane Plus variants of that part. Makes for some good 1940s style planes, though the below is a 1970s style stunt plane I'm familiar with. The struts/wires and plane parts are mostly from Open Cockpit which is a must-have for biplanes.

screenshot42.png?width=1867&height=1050

Edited by 610yesnolovely

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Is this the only mod that allows IVA switching in any form? Been looking around for a way to swap IVAs, and it seemed like B9 PS doesn't support it by itself.

That is correct. IVAs & the stuff that make them work, is not quite the same stuff that makes *parts* work. B9 PS (& the stock variant system), are only designed around the *stuff* that makes parts work...not IVAs...

So, yeah... even tho 610yesnolovely uses B9 PS switching as a "framework", theres extra coding needed to get it all to work.
So, yes, this mod is basically the only game in town that does IVA switching. and it does it brilliantly :P

1 hour ago, Box of Stardust said:

Is this the only mod that allows IVA switching in any form? Been looking around for a way to swap IVAs, and it seemed like B9 PS doesn't support it by itself.

WildBlueCore has ModuleIVAVariants which allows for toggling gameobjects in the internal space on/off depending on what part variant was selected.  It's not quite the same thing though.

There's some other system that can toggle internal stuff based on the external animation state - some of the parts from KPBS use it.

• 1 month later...

@610yesnolovelyits been a while but i may have finally found something helpfull for the BDB cockpit issues. this error in the logs 

"Initialization errors on ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='IVASwitch') on part bluedog.LM.Ascent.Cockpit subtype 'SABS'
  Could not find matching module"

there are more for every cockpit subtype. for me it's only for the lm though

Edited by x170doom

25 minutes ago, x170doom said:

@610yesnolovelyits been a while but i may have finally found something helpfull for the BDB cockpit issues. this error in the logs 

"Initialization errors on ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='IVASwitch') on part bluedog.LM.Ascent.Cockpit subtype 'SABS'
  Could not find matching module"

there are more for every cockpit subtype. for me it's only for the lm though

Going to need logs to tell, but that error seems to suggest Reviva DLL itself is not loaded - B9 Part Switch seems to be saying "sorry, I cannot find ModuleIVASwitch" which Reviva itself provides.

Look in GameData, there should be a GameData/Reviva/Reviva.dll - plus a bunch of directories like BDB, Stock containing cfg files.

If you look in the KSP.log file, do you see "Reviva.dll" being listed as a loaded assembly?

Depending on answers, you may need to try removing and reinstalling Reviva - also do you have RPM and MAS installed correctly? Also I recommend CKAN always, so I hope you're using that.

Another minor possibility: does your GameData/BDB/sina_cm.cfg match exactly the following file below (no edits)? It's also possible that some ModuleManager cfg from some other mod is doing that, but that would require looking into MM caches.

https://github.com/harveyt/reviva/blob/main/GameData/Reviva/BDB/sina_cm.cfg

Edited by 610yesnolovely

1 hour ago, 610yesnolovely said:

Going to need logs to tell, but that error seems to suggest Reviva DLL itself is not loaded - B9 Part Switch seems to be saying "sorry, I cannot find ModuleIVASwitch" which Reviva itself provides.

Look in GameData, there should be a GameData/Reviva/Reviva.dll - plus a bunch of directories like BDB, Stock containing cfg files.

If you look in the KSP.log file, do you see "Reviva.dll" being listed as a loaded assembly?

Depending on answers, you may need to try removing and reinstalling Reviva - also do you have RPM and MAS installed correctly? Also I recommend CKAN always, so I hope you're using that.

Another minor possibility: does your GameData/BDB/sina_cm.cfg match exactly the following file below (no edits)? It's also possible that some ModuleManager cfg from some other mod is doing that, but that would require looking into MM caches.

https://github.com/harveyt/reviva/blob/main/GameData/Reviva/BDB/sina_cm.cfg

i would assume the dll is loading correctly as only the LM throws errors, reviva is working in all other cases. plus i am using ckan and rpm and mas certainly seem to be correctly installed. ill have a look at that config and see if something is different

edit: cant say that anything looks different between the two cfgs. 

heres a link to the log file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aGB1A7Inb193qDkzAVSc0YhwFTHaCIeQ/view?usp=sharing

Edited by x170doom

1 hour ago, x170doom said:

i would assume the dll is loading correctly as only the LM throws errors, reviva is working in all other cases. plus i am using ckan and rpm and mas certainly seem to be correctly installed. ill have a look at that config and see if something is different

edit: cant say that anything looks different between the two cfgs. 

heres a link to the log file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aGB1A7Inb193qDkzAVSc0YhwFTHaCIeQ/view?usp=sharing

Can you try: 

• Edit GameData/Reviva/compat.cfg
  • Comment out the lines at the end so it looks like this:
// The KSA_bdb_lm.cfg had a bug which might add two ModuleB9PartSwitch and ModuleIVASwitch.
// @PART[bluedog_LM_Ascent_Cockpit]:NEEDS[Bluedog_DB&KSA]:LAST[zzz_Reviva]
// {
// 	-MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[IVASwitch],~reviva_keep[*]] {}
// 	-MODULE[ModuleIVASwitch],2 {}
// }

Not sure why, but I suspect this code might be removing too much (it's not supposed to be my ModuleManager ability may have failed me). I think the newest KSA does not need this fix, and I when I tried to replicate I probably didn't have KSA (so wouldn't reproduce).

Edited by 610yesnolovely

On 2/27/2023 at 10:01 PM, 610yesnolovely said:

Can you try: 

• Edit GameData/Reviva/compat.cfg
  • Comment out the lines at the end so it looks like this:
// The KSA_bdb_lm.cfg had a bug which might add two ModuleB9PartSwitch and ModuleIVASwitch.
// @PART[bluedog_LM_Ascent_Cockpit]:NEEDS[Bluedog_DB&KSA]:LAST[zzz_Reviva]
// {
// 	-MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[IVASwitch],~reviva_keep[*]] {}
// 	-MODULE[ModuleIVASwitch],2 {}
// }

Not sure why, but I suspect this code might be removing too much (it's not supposed to be my ModuleManager ability may have failed me). I think the newest KSA does not need this fix, and I when I tried to replicate I probably didn't have KSA (so wouldn't reproduce).

I gave it a try, the error message has changed to complaining about multiple IVA switches, but MEM is firmly staying on one IVA regardless of the switch setting. that being said the cockpit seems to have been replaced with an older version, meaning that the z fighting on the pannel textures has stopped (that was an issue that didn't seem related before)

28 minutes ago, x170doom said:

I gave it a try, the error message has changed to complaining about multiple IVA switches, but MEM is firmly staying on one IVA regardless of the switch setting. that being said the cockpit seems to have been replaced with an older version, meaning that the z fighting on the pannel textures has stopped (that was an issue that didn't seem related before)

Removing it and then seeing multiple IVA switches means that compat is still needed. I was sure the most recent KSA IVA updated fixed that issue (?).

https://github.com/JonnyOThan/KSA-IVA-Upgrade/releases - according to this that compat.cfg is not required for 1.6.3 or 1.6.4 releases, so do you have an older one?

Possibly help is needed from @JonnyOThan