[1.12.x] Reviva - the IVA revival and editor/flight switcher. BDB 1.11 Compatible (0.7.7 - 22nd Oct 2022)

610yesnolovely

Absolute genius thank you so much...

For all these years, I used to duplicate parts and rename them, like "mk1 comand pod_modern", and then tweak all the cfg paths to then have multiple parts in game, with different ivas, and now it's finally over, yepeeeeee !! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, just wanted to let you know that the latest BDB version uses a new IVA for their LEM. I'm not sure if you needed to update Reviva to factor that in. Just thought I'd let you know.

6 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Hey, just wanted to let you know that the latest BDB version uses a new IVA for their LEM. I'm not sure if you needed to update Reviva to factor that in. Just thought I'd let you know.

Yes, the BDB 1.11  LM internals have changed names, so it'll mean Reviva will probably show nothing for the default selection. I'll be adding support for the Placeholder plus MEM IVA switch, plus checking the Gemini, Mercury and Apollo configs today (as I'm using BDB 1.11 personally)

57 minutes ago, 610yesnolovely said:

Yes, the BDB 1.11  LM internals have changed names, so it'll mean Reviva will probably show nothing for the default selection. I'll be adding support for the Placeholder plus MEM IVA switch, plus checking the Gemini, Mercury and Apollo configs today (as I'm using BDB 1.11 personally)

Thanks for responding so fast! Take your time and do what you need to do. Your work is great as always!

20 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Thanks for responding so fast! Take your time and do what you need to do. Your work is great as always!

From testing, the current version of Reviva will be okay for BDB 1.11, but you won't see a selection for the shown LM IVA (non-functional). I'll still be updating today, basically because I'm about to play with BDB 1.11 today so I'm waiting for me patiently also :-D

Release 0.7.7

Adds:

• Slightly improved support for BDB 1.11 Release.
    • Hermes/Mercury: Added Placeholder (empty) and BDBAlternate (super minimal, non-functional)
    • Vinci/Gemini: Added Placeholder (empty) and BDBAlternate (old FASA, non-functional)
    • Kane/Apollo: Added Placeholder (empty) and BDBRPM (functional RPM variant of non-functional BDB)
    • Sina/LEM: Added Placeholder (empty) and BDB2 (new BDB non-functional IVA), the older BDB remains unchanged for compatibility.

NOTES:

• Previous Reviva 0.7.6, 0.7.5, 0.7.4 will still work fine with BDB 1.11 - though the new non-functional LEM IVA will not be selectable.
  • Currently no LEM variants have IVA switching: ie. no engine cover, Taxi, Lab, Shelter. You get the BDB default only.
  • Similarly any Mercury, Gemini or Apollo variants (eg. Big Gemini or Apollo 5-Crew) do not have IVA switching, BDB default only.

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, x170doom said:

minor bug, the bdb mem doesn't seem to be working with the latest version (part switch is present but IVA never changes just stuck with flickering textures)

Noted. Not sure when I'll get a chance to look at this, but given that I'm a big user of BDB, and highly likely to need the MEM for landing, I have some motivation to take a look :-D