[OUTDATED/UNSUPPORTED]Real Visual Enchancements (RVE) 2.0 release v.1.1 for RSS

Cerious

RVE2.0 is a continuation of both RVE64k by Pingopete and EVO by ItsJustLuci, featuring 64k multi layer clouds, 64k land textures, city day/night cycles, a custom TUFX config featuring eye-adaptation, bootprints on several celestial Bodies, atmospheres, aurorae, lightnings, custom sunflare etc.

ONLY FOR HIGH-END SYSTEMS, EXTREMELY PERFORMANCE INTENSIVE!

ywHs48D.png

v9YwtqM.png

caR6waE.png

gGy59ZL.png

juqJiFm.png

zQvzJaU.png

Features:

-Zero compromise visual package for RSS

-64k Multi layer clouds

-64k Earth Terrain

-64k City Light Mask

-Aurorae

-Bootprints on several celestial bodies

-Gas giants from GGE

-Custom TUFX configs (Special thanks to Ballisticfox0) featuring Eye-adaptation for Earths dark side. 

Install:

-Download link(Github): https://github.com/Ceriousyt/RVE2.0/releases/tag/v.1.1

-Install the latest version of RSS, Scatterer and EVE Redux

-Copy the contents of RVE2.0.v.1.1/Gamedata into your Gamedata folder.
-Enjoy!

Licensing:

RVE 2.0 is licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), you are free to redistribute, modify and copy the contents of the mod as long as you attribute and credit the appropriate author(s), remain non-commercial and distribute it under the same licence (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)

Credit:

-C#erious(RVE2.0/TUFX cfg.)
-Pingopete(RVE64k)
-ItsJustLuci(EVO)
-Vaughn/Astroniki(ASF)
-Thomassino(Cepheus Sunflare)

-Theysen/hebaruSan/siimav(RSSVE HR)
-ballisticfox0(Gas Giants Enchanced/TUFX cfg.)

Dependencies:

-Scatterer

-EVE Redux

Recommended Mods:

-RSS CanaveralHD
-RSS Canaveralpads
-Parallax
-Realism Overhaul

-Pood's Deep Star Map Skybox

-Planetshine

-DOE RSS cfg.

-TUFX

For use with RSS only!

Tested on:
I9-9940x
RX6800xt
64gb ddr4 @3000mhz cl16

Special thanks to all people involved directly or indirectly in the creation of this visual package!

Changelog:

v.0.2: First Release!

28.01.2022 by C#erious

v.0.4: Fixed clouds not appearing!

04.02.2022 by C#erious

v.1.0:  -Fixed Earth 64k terrain
    -Replaced and fixed Earth Aurorae
    -Fixed CityLights
    -RSSVE Mars Clouds
    -Integrated GGE
    -Lots of small bugfixes
    -Benchmarking
    -Tested compatibility with KSP 1.10.1 up to the latest.

16.02.2021 by C#erious

v.1.1:     -More or less fixed cloud desyncing
    -lowered aurorae brightness
    -New TUFX profile

22.03.2022 by C#erious

Edited by Cerious
End of Support

just wanting to clarify, if I am currently using Luci's EVO, and wanted to try this out, I assume that I would just remove the EVO and the TUFX stuff that's currently in the gamedata folder, and replace it with KS3P and the contents of the zip from your mod instead? Also, what are your reasons behind using KS3P over TUFX anyways? Not judging, just curious, since the later seems more up to date and newer in general......

23 hours ago, Victory Star Destroyer said:

By the way, did you fix the clouds desyncing problems in EVO? Thanks!

Nope, this problem is still WIP as is the whole visual package

19 hours ago, serialblack said:

just wanting to clarify, if I am currently using Luci's EVO, and wanted to try this out, I assume that I would just remove the EVO and the TUFX stuff that's currently in the gamedata folder, and replace it with KS3P and the contents of the zip from your mod instead? Also, what are your reasons behind using KS3P over TUFX anyways? Not judging, just curious, since the later seems more up to date and newer in general......

Better visuals and personal preference, easier to use and better looking bloom / eye adaptation. Don't just copy rve2 inside evo, it wont work since I just used the clouds and atmo cfgs from EVO

1 hour ago, Cerious said:

Nope, this problem is still WIP as is the whole visual package

Better visuals and personal preference, easier to use and better looking bloom / eye adaptation. Don't just copy rve2 inside evo, it wont work since I just used the clouds and atmo cfgs from EVO

I meant that I am to remove the EVO folder altogether, and use your mod in its place, that's what it seems I should do by what you've said anyways, I was just making sure there's nothing else that may cause issues with switching over from EVO

7 minutes ago, serialblack said:

I meant that I am to remove the EVO folder altogether, and use your mod in its place, that's what it seems I should do by what you've said anyways, I was just making sure there's nothing else that may cause issues with switching over from EVO

On 2/13/2022 at 6:24 AM, Victory Star Destroyer said:

Is there any instructions for installations? I've installed eve redux and scatterer, but my Earth looks really shiny and uses the default skin of RSS. I'll post an image of that on Github since I found it difficult to post it on the forum.

I'm uploading the fixed version of RVE 2.0 currently, the clouds not showing up problem is fixed now.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all: congratulations. This looks awesome.

I do have a weird issue however. When flying at night while still low and the ground is still rendered the entire landmass is coved in city lights.

jT1MPlS.png

Once I'm in space the earth looks correct with lights only where there should be cities.

CyXeFMI.png

Does anyone have any idea what i did wrong?

Edited by PeterGW

On 2/5/2022 at 5:07 PM, Cerious said:

RVE2.0 is a continuation of both RVE64k by Pingopete and EVO by ItsJustLuci, featuring 64k multi layer clouds, 64k land textures, city day/night cycles, a custom KS3P config (KS3P is still alive and does its job better than TUFX), Bootprints on several celestial Bodies, atmospheres, aurorae, lightnings, custom sunflare etc.

9NhYBoQ.png

ONLY FOR HIGH-END SYSTEMS, EXTREMELY PERFORMANCE INTENSIVE!

g4DoMXT.png

Benchmarking:

uSfsIW7.jpeg

uZXzSK8.png

0O6Ye6x.png

RAC3XFw.png

qY8fbVt.png

wX7S9Se.png

S1Vs4ci.png

SfHZr1M.png

dyuH8Cy.png

Optional KS3P profile:

8c0YzIf.png

Features:

-Zero compromise visual package for RSS

-64k Multi layer clouds

-64k Earth Terrain

-64k City Light Mask

-Aurorae

-Bootprints on several celestial bodies

-Gas giants from GGE

-Custom KS3P configs (Still working in 1.12.3 thanks to the work of C1usta) featuring Eye-adaptation for Earths dark side. 

Install:

-Download the Github link: https://github.com/Ceriousyt/RVE2.0/releases

-Install the latest version of RSS, Scatterer and EVE Redux

-Copy the contents of RVE2.0.v.1.0/Gamedata into your Gamedata folder.
-Enjoy!

Licensing:

RVE 2.0 is licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), you are free to redistribute, modify and copy the contents of the mod as long as you attribute and credit the appropriate author(s), remain non-commercial and distribute it under the same licence (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)

Credit:

-C#erious(RVE2.0/KS3P cfg.)
-Pingopete(RVE64k/KS3P cfg.)
-ItsJustLuci(EVO)
-Vaughn/Astroniki(ASF)
-Thomassino(Cepheus Sunflare)
-C1usta(KS3P)

-Theysen/hebaruSan/siimav(RSSVE HR)
-ballisticfox0(Gas Giants Enchanced)

Dependencies:

-Scatterer

-EVE Redux

Recommended Mods:

-RSS CanaveralHD
-RSS Canaveralpads
-Parallax
-Realism Overhaul

-Pood's Deep Star Map Skybox

-Planetshine

-DOE RSS cfg.

For use with RSS only!

Tested on:
I9-9940x
RX6800xt
16gb ddr4 @3600mhz cl16

Special thanks to all people involved directly or indirectly in the creation of this visual package!

Changelog:

v.0.2: First Release!

v.0.4: Fixed clouds not appearing!

04.02.2022 by C#erious

v.1.0:  -Fixed Earth 64k terrain
    -Replaced and fixed Earth Aurorae
    -Fixed CityLights
    -RSSVE Mars Clouds
    -Integrated GGE
    -Lots of small bugfixes
    -Benchmarking
    -Tested compatibility with KSP 1.10.1 up to the latest.

16.02.2021 by C#erious

Awesome! I will give it a try!

On 3/1/2022 at 10:35 AM, PeterGW said:

I do have a weird issue however. When flying at night while still low and the ground is still rendered the entire landmass is coved in city lights.

jT1MPlS.png

Once I'm in space the earth looks correct with lights only where there should be cities.

CyXeFMI.png

I am having the same issue...thought maybe I had done something wrong, but I haven't been able to work out what the issue is...

On 3/2/2022 at 8:30 PM, serialblack said:

I am having the same issue...thought maybe I had done something wrong, but I haven't been able to work out what the issue is...

This is a limitation of how Eve renders the terrain, Its only rendered at a specific altitude, I was personally focused on LEO, the Ground hasn't been really taken care of. I'm fully aware of this issue.

I will work on figuring out a fix!

Edited by Cerious

Hey! Just wanted to say give me a ping before you use my textures :P. It technically doesn't matter but I just like to know what is where.

Also if you are interested there is a fix for the desynced 3d clouds in EVO's github issues.

All one has to do is calculate the distance (circumference of Earth/Kerbin radius + altitude) that each cloud layer has to travel and then adjust the speeds accordingly. Stays in sync even after 30 years

Another issue I spotted is you didn't properly set up the gas giants atmosphere, as of now they are just editing configs which don't exist. My suggestion would be to take RSSVE or EVO's config and then change the numbers to what gge is changing them to. (sorry if that didn't make much sense).

On 3/6/2022 at 3:48 AM, ballisticfox0 said:

Hey! Just wanted to say give me a ping before you use my textures :P. It technically doesn't matter but I just like to know what is where.

Also if you are interested there is a fix for the desynced 3d clouds in EVO's github issues.

Another issue I spotted is you didn't properly set up the gas giants atmosphere, as of now they are just editing configs which don't exist. My suggestion would be to take RSSVE or EVO's config and then change the numbers to what gge is changing them to. (sorry if that didn't make much 

Oh, my bad, messed up with gge. Fix in the making! You will be credited, my bad! 

Edit: Ballisticfox0: Gas giants enchanced. Are you involved in another mod?

Edited by Cerious

3 hours ago, Cerious said:

Oh, my bad, messed up with gge. Fix in the making! You will be credited, my bad! 

Edit: Ballisticfox0: Gas giants enchanced. Are you involved in another mod?

I checked the mod, all appropriate credits are there no need to worry about that.

As for you second question, yeah I made ballisticfox’s x tufx profile and Luna64k.

On 3/1/2022 at 11:35 PM, PeterGW said:

jT1MPlS.png

CyXeFMI.png

Press alt+f10, click "map eve clouds", and it should be a lot better

19 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

I checked the mod, all appropriate credits are there no need to worry about that.

As for you second question, yeah I made ballisticfox’s x tufx profile and Luna64k.

Yeah, I'm ising your Vintage tufx profiles for a very special video powered by Saturn MLV...

Edit: What is Luna64? Can't find anything about it

Cheers!

8 hours ago, Victory Star Destroyer said:

Press alt+f10, click "map eve clouds", and it should be a lot better

Thanks, forgot about this!

Edited by Cerious
Forgot a thing

• 3 weeks later...

Wonderful new version!
Just a few questions:

1. I think in the picture it is actually Uranus, not Neptune. But in the game Neptune is also quite bright, its luminosity nearly reached Uranus from the front。

2.Does the speed of "Earth clouds shadow" in the Clouds.cfg should be adjusted too?

Thanks! I personally think that this is the best RSS visual pack ever

Edited by Victory Star Destroyer

On 3/28/2022 at 5:45 PM, Victory Star Destroyer said:

Wonderful new version!
Just a few questions:

1. I think in the picture it is actually Uranus, not Neptune. But in the game Neptune is also quite bright, its luminosity nearly reached Uranus from the front。

2.Does the speed of "Earth clouds shadow" in the Clouds.cfg should be adjusted too?

Thanks! I personally think that this is the best RSS visual pack ever

I think the speed of the cloud shadows still hasn't been changed, this isn't noticable though

• 2 months later...

Absolutely stunning, amazing job probably my favorite visual mod ever made. You weren't kidding when you said this is for high-end systems only haha I'm currently running a 3070 and 16 GB of RAM and my system definitely struggles quite a bit after takeoff (I'd say it takes 1-2 minutes for it to stabilize) and the 140km switch (again, another 2-4 minutes for the game to run smoothly). Haven't had the chance to check anything other than Earth but really looking forward to it!

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, RurouniDonut said:

Is this still working? I installed on a fresh RP1 Express install and I'm getting GC allocation errors when I get into the menu. I cant launch with the mod at all unfortunately

Express install already includes rssve, its understandable that they are conflicting. Im not actively supporting this mod anymore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.