[OUTDATED/UNSUPPORTED]Real Visual Enchancements (RVE) 2.0 release v.1.1 for RSS

Cerious

Ha, that's the whole reason I got rid of them!

I can't help you reduce them. But if you ever decide you wanted to get rid of them, in the Textures folder, you can delete the citylights.dll. That gets rid of them.

But now that I think of it, you should be able to go in and find a config file that sets how many times the citylights.dll is used and where it appears. That would be my guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 2:38 AM, Cerious said:

Express install already includes rssve, its understandable that they are conflicting. Im not actively supporting this mod anymore.

I unistalled RSSVE and it still crashed, not sure if theres anything else conflicting

• 2 weeks later...

Posting here, not sure it is RSSVE/EVE/Scatterer....    

Anyone know why everything is always so dark? Even with the sun shining brightly everything still looks weakly lit.

Running RSS, RSSVE, EVE Redux, Scatterer and PlanetShine (all latest versions) . No other effects mods.

Hi,

I have recently installed this mod, but I can't enter the game without getting some errors.

What happens is: I load in, and on the home screen Kopercinus tells me something along the lines of 'There was an error in the loading process; cannot load custom planetary systems'.

If I try to load a save (its a new one, so my old ones don't get corrupted), the loading screen stays there forever, with the planets in the bottom-right spinning unusually fast.

What I see in the logs is that Kopernicus seems to have failed to load Jupiter and KSP is spamming NullReferenceExceptions (I'm not an expert).

Also, I used to run RSSVE without problems, and I also installed GGE without problems. However, I installed EVO and this mod, and they both have the same issue (described above). So I'm assuming EVO is causing the errors.

I am running KSP 1.11.2 with ~100 mods.

LOGS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k66104hyl6gcom1/AABXcUidTa5hVVvzTP6TlLP6a?dl=0

Edited by 1something

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Cerious, @PeterGW, @serialblack

I realise this is an old thread and possibly a dead mod, but I just wanted to say, I think the 'too many city lights' at low altitudes issue is due to an incorrect alpha mask

The problem one has landmasses that are almost completely red, when it should just be the city lights that are red. I used the NASA 2016 city lights map to create a better alphamask, which I've uploaded to DropBox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pi76rq84om9exlb/Masks.zip?dl=0

If you unzip this and copy it to \GameData\RVE\Textures\EVE\Masks.dds, overwriting the original, it clears up the masses of low level lights.

PS. I additionally had to change some of the _ShadowFactor values in Clouds.cfg as the clouds were casting jet black shadows, which looked pretty weird...

50 minutes ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

@Cerious, @PeterGW, @serialblack

I realise this is an old thread and possibly a dead mod, but I just wanted to say, I think the 'too many city lights' at low altitudes issue is due to an incorrect alpha mask

The problem one has landmasses that are almost completely red, when it should just be the city lights that are red. I used the NASA 2016 city lights map to create a better alphamask, which I've uploaded to DropBox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pi76rq84om9exlb/Masks.zip?dl=0

If you unzip this and copy it to \GameData\RVE\Textures\EVE\Masks.dds, overwriting the original, it clears up the masses of low level lights.

PS. I additionally had to change some of the _ShadowFactor values in Clouds.cfg as the clouds were casting jet black shadows, which looked pretty weird...

Thanks for that! This mod is not supported at the moment, eve redux will soon come out with volumetric clouds and Im waiting for the release

• 8 months later...
On 10/29/2022 at 5:14 PM, RealTimeShepherd said:

I've uploaded to DropBox:

Thanks a lot for this !

On 10/29/2022 at 5:14 PM, RealTimeShepherd said:

Could you share thoes particular edits you're mentioning here too ?

Thank you ! :) 

I'm probably never going to use this because I like playing with the stock planets, but, if I ever would play RSS, I will come to this mod! It looks amazing and I can't wait to see what it looks like with volumetric clouds! Nice job @Cerious!

• 1 month later...

is there a way that I can increase the brightness of cities when I'm in orbit? I'm flying over Gibraltar and the population centers all look like lakes from 200km. Is it some "dropoff" value set somewhere?

For example, North Africa here doesn't have this many bodies of water, they're population centers. 

EZsu4XU.png

And look at the black spot at northern Portland

aoHTvb3.png

Edited by KAO

9 hours ago, KAO said:

is there a way that I can increase the brightness of cities when I'm in orbit? I'm flying over Gibraltar and the population centers all look like lakes from 200km. Is it some "dropoff" value set somewhere?

For example, North Africa here doesn't have this many bodies of water, they're population centers. 

EZsu4XU.png

And look at the black spot at northern Portland

aoHTvb3.png

This is an issue of EVO and RVE64K. This mod is not supported anymore. I'm waiting for the official release of Blackrack's true volumetrics

• 3 weeks later...

What is RSS Reborn? Ballisticfox is the author of the excellent KSRSS Reborn pack that I'm currently using because it is very photogenic. It would be nice to see him bring that level of beauty and detail to RSS!

PRVE Is basically EVO+RVE Working in 1.12.5. It is quite a good looking pack!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.