Gas Giants Enhanced | A visual mod for Real Solar System

ballisticfox0

Which moon next?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Saturn’s moons should I revamp next?

• Tethys!
    • Dione!

I think I have a issue/bug.      My Jupiter/Saturn/Neptune Amptmopheres are cutting off to quickly.       You can see from the screen shots that the atmosphere blends on one side but goes straight to darkness on the other side.   I am using KSRSS, EVE, Scatterer, and Parralax.

My screenshots of strange night and day blending.

Spoiler

O__XyfTvUl0sxg2NDI0Xc0hRhNEL3Pe85DsxSRSCRh4DteMPle-NsM8RoU3Jx8xQtWFdH9sik4pMbdd5-qyUrm628Cbfe7_9var1DPsGizCCusRMsEpJQRoQhMeqmOoi5k5JmICvUUXmOYDWuQEqrn3kQ5kaIZjNV-pl9Wj48tEdTC2g3exkRnbIIWFiv64JZhJdyirFiGUiD2jDGHrU0amrLnlJkxcqd8cKMbEW4ENNCtrK74NUSKHmVkkZ3hLOI8cfAYyQfPv6LkpT2HiGRgcz0zULduYTyMD_jnljqTNJqAHuQC_MP77LWMrA7F0mlZqxeGYlnrTfgtvgz2p2jCgpxejSWUO-r7i3fmjEjbvf7PoMvVv3fgLUyDudjSbQsZ6niPXlsvN4RgDzGS0CWsQDsj30TzGAc1aiBp0CkYJUpnHj5-1zXIAUIYkWtfAfNjmHfVxJX8KZ5um-rxasCoNPMdqo1QERul99bL96DPX1lkkW82N0A1nIxggnsr49_1xd15uDoVVZ_rG_OCmr6pXIjF-M4Lq47-ioSpLCiqBE4JjqiyHmdnHXO8cI1ZW_ix_hPGLM9MZWHP-lUUhaFs5znAgqbVhjGpQzwwfipDFhYrigv2oSDYjrntj4p3IP3hAD0-uns4X7P9JCmqQIsWClMrtXYr_flpNoqRRn:funds:-bucks

Gamedate Folder.  

52RUba4_1CeAQeH-d9nlIeHkTzU9c6SrUcBrbpvS2zcXoRS-MDLeUKlCEWor_zZTZ8cwGNutEZkYyFGf-_aoGv0sQfVbPD186o1FenjssY80OkfQEAFMUhWg2zBOD98Z6YQuKsbE

EE5srz6xBnUOhc1sV8sOMklcBX-16OFWMnUGnZpoC13yP_o2Fai-ApyNsrj_jNxKtqJH7P9kUPxsDPQ3YCrog8NcUl0WEo0Qb93a_DP7rGLzZxdJet6VVkDhBocyOnreREw0r7Iv

I see that my planets are different from the screen shots at the OP and second post, so I know something is not right.     Even in that image (The one of Jupiter)  the blend looks to be to little to my preferences, so is there a specific way that I can increase the blend distance?  (If I tried myself I would break the game playing with the files).   The darkening seems to work smoothly on one side but fails on the other.

Here is my Mars for comparison.  See how it blends nicely.

Spoiler

wywu25uUzfr0R0KnWLp_F57NpIhNYAuxYHdQ2m4zqHuz-8ks7ihk9GPKJ5H1D1uzso-W1RP7Dm3yEfyd8OS-OIv24lmNNK_MJ4RqxzYTJZ8G5mawn_T9kSv9Zxd9eEbBpB8NRocA

Thanks

Edited by Tundra
Compacting.

When I open the EVE editor it says there are no configs relating to Atmospheres.   I think it is caused by this mod because the problem only affect planets whos Atmosphere is changed by this mod.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 3:42 PM, Tundra said:

When I open the EVE editor it says there are no configs relating to Atmospheres.   I think it is caused by this mod because the problem only affect planets whos Atmosphere is changed by this mod.

I would reinstall EVE and Scatterer 0.0772 (No other versions work) since neither of those seem to be working for you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ah it’s been… a while.

If you haven’t noticed yet I’ve been doing literally anything other than develop this mod, and for what I’d like to think is a fairly good reason; we simply don’t have enough good data, and the data we do have is a bit borked at best. I’ve tried the best that I can, it’s just that it’s a time consuming, menial labor and you can only put yourself through so much of that before you start to question if you’re still having fun.

But… that being said, I have new motivation after joining the KSRSS team and I am planning on releasing  Saturn’s moons, just in two parts:

The first part will contain Mimas, Enceladus, Iapetus and Rhea while the second part will contain Tethys, Dione and Titan.

I’ve made some serious progress on Iapetus and Enceladus and I have a texture already set up for Rhea

screenshot69.pngscreenshot68.png

I’ll try to keep this thread updated a bit more than I have been, so expect Enceladus screenshots later today.

And thanks to everyone who stuck it out till now (looking at you @track).

Edited by ballisticfox0

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/15/2023 at 4:54 PM, GUZooka1 said:

I know its a bit of an odd ask, but is there a way to make Earth look a little less blue?

https://imgur.com/a/rwmEwor

This is the result of the file [KSP folder]\GameData\GasGiantsEnhanced\Configs\Scatterer\RSS_ScattererFix.cfg

In that file, change the line

sunColor = 0.6,0.6,1.0

(levels of red, green, and blue)

to

sunColor = 1.0,1.0,1.0

and the color will revert to what it used to be.

AKTGrBn.png

Edited by Pipcard

On 2/5/2022 at 10:32 AM, ballisticfox0 said:

screenshot579.png

I really like the revamped textures, but is there any reason why Jupiter in my game doesn't appear as bright as your screenshot?

(TUFX - Zorg-Neutral config)

buR6fFp.png

(TUFX - FoxBright config)

zVUPsOU.png

Edited by Pipcard

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.