Pax East Reveal?

3 minutes ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

PAX East is April 21-24, so more like ~80 days. I do think a KSP 2 reveal is quite likely, but we'll know more when the list of attending companies gets revealed (whenever that is).

My bad, however that works even better with the release window.

I remember last time we got our hopes up so high Private Division spent it's slot on the show talking about inclusivity as far as I can remember (not that inclusivity is a bad thing).

I'd be cautious but I'd say at this rate it would make sense to make some sort of reveal then.

On 2/5/2022 at 3:23 PM, Minmus Taster said:

I remember last time we got our hopes up so high Private Division spent it's slot on the show talking about inclusivity as far as I can remember (not that inclusivity is a bad thing).

I'd be cautious but I'd say at this rate it would make sense to make some sort of reveal then.

Yeah I watched the whole thing hoping and praying for ksp 2 news. I got a zoom board meeting instead.

On 2/5/2022 at 8:26 PM, TheSameKerbal77 said:

I’ve never heard of Pax before, but I hope Kerbal Space Program 2 it is featured.

https://firefly.fandom.com/wiki/G-23_Paxilon_Hydrochlorate

Its bad stuff... I hope KSP2 doesn't give people exposed to the Pax a way to travel not only from world to world, but from star to star... that would be very very bad...

Oh wait, that's a different Pax...

On 2/11/2022 at 7:00 AM, KerikBalm said:

https://firefly.fandom.com/wiki/G-23_Paxilon_Hydrochlorate

Its bad stuff... I hope KSP2 doesn't give people exposed to the Pax a way to travel not only from world to world, but from star to star... that would be very very bad...

Oh wait, that's a different Pax...

I can confirm that this was very useful.(I lied)

On 2/5/2022 at 11:55 AM, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Pax East is about 30 days away. Will KSP 2 be featured? The game is planned for fiscal 2023 (April to December). A reveal in Feb/March makes a lot of sense, in my opinion.

Did  I miss an official announcement from dev team about fiscal 2023 release?

1 hour ago, Chilkoot said:

This was an April Fool's joke posted in I think 2020 or perhaps 2019.

That’s what I gathered. I was just surprised by it. Particularly that there was a release date mentioned. 

Sadly it is not April Fools.  

The original launch date was even earlier than that.  The initial trailer hit in 2017.    That was, I believe, almost a year and a half, to two years into development already.  The game has been 'in official development' of some sort, since 2015, really.  

I've said it other places, but most games take 6-10 years to fully develop from public announcement to public release, nowadays.  Don't know why.  Just is.  

Kerbal 2 will likely launch sometime *actual* year 2023/4.  If they release it before 2025, they're above the curve for normal game development timelines in our modern age.   Due to to the complex nature of computing and modeling, and higher customer expectations for graphics and representation by modelling, game development just take significantly longer.    
There isn's a single game I've waited on in the last decade and a half, that has been publicly announced, and then released, in less than 6 years.    It has been worth the wait every time, and I highly doubt Private Division wants to rush things.    I would estimate, when they say '2022' release, that they will release sometime in the actual year 2023, possibly fiscal year 2024.   The fact that we've seen so little of the game in renders, there have been no firmer timelines set, and there have been very few development updates lately, would render that they are behind schedule, and have no further news to update at this time. 

1 hour ago, Bosun said:

The original launch date was even earlier than that.  The initial trailer hit in 2017.    That was, I believe, almost a year and a half, to two years into development already.  The game has been 'in official development' of some sort, since 2015, really.  

I've said it other places, but most games take 6-10 years to fully develop from public announcement to public release, nowadays.  Don't know why.  Just is. 

You're off by 2 years on your dates. Squad was only purchased by Private Division in May 2017. If you look at games released by Star Theory Games, their Dino Frontier hit the stores in August 2017. So the work on KSP2, most likely, started somewhere between these dates.

And the trailer, of course, was shown at E3 2019.

Life cycle of games varies a lot from game to game. The 6-10 year figure is absolutely arbitrary and is not at all reasonable for smaller projects. Even now, Intercept is barely a mid-size studio. Studios of this size are usually expected to crank out a game in 2-3 years. Now, by this metric, KSP2 is running well behind, but keep in mind, that it had a somewhat rocky development and, likely, grew as a project. Original release date was marked for early 2020, which would have been under 3 years in development. After the PD pulled the plug on the contract with Star Theory and founded Intercept, development on KSP2 had an almost total restart. While not starting completely from scratch, Intercept clearly stepped back into an almost pre-production mode to re-allign the project and start the work with the new, 2022 goal. So from that perspective, the current iteration of KSP2 is still expected to be in development for less than 3 years.

9 hours ago, Bosun said:

Sadly it is not April Fools.  

Kerbal 2 will likely launch sometime *actual* year 2023/4.  If they release it before 2025, they're above the curve for normal game development timelines in our modern age.   Due to to the complex nature of computing and modeling, and higher customer expectations for graphics and representation by modelling, game development just take significantly longer.    
There isn's a single game I've waited on in the last decade and a half, that has been publicly announced, and then released, in less than 6 years.    It has been worth the wait every time, and I highly doubt Private Division wants to rush things.    I would estimate, when they say '2022' release, that they will release sometime in the actual year 2023, possibly fiscal year 2024.   The fact that we've seen so little of the game in renders, there have been no firmer timelines set, and there have been very few development updates lately, would render that they are behind schedule, and have no further news to update at this time. 

Please be wrong lol