KSP 2 Release Date Sometime After April 1st, 2022 - From Q3 2022 Take-Two Interactive Earnings Call Today

According to the Earnings Call from today for Take Two-Interactive, KSP 2 will be released sometime during Fiscal 2023, which means between the dates of April 1st, 2022, and March 31th, 2023. Here's a link to the Earning's Call Report: https://ir.take2games.com/events/event-details/q3-2022-take-two-interactive-software-inc-earnings-conference-call.

The screenshot is from the 9th Slide of Earnings Presentation, which is linked here: https://ir.take2games.com/static-files/917a3359-7273-4ae0-bbbd-d74bbc82bf59

Edit: Dates should be April 1st, 2022 - March 31st, 2023, as that is Take Two's Fiscal Year. Not to be rude. 
  E0pAx3g.png

Edited by Brandon10044
Added source for screenshot. Dates changed. Not to be rude.

Just now, Brandon10044 said:

According to the Earnings Call from today for Take Two-Interactive, KSP 2 will be released sometime during Fiscal 2023, which means between the dates of July 1st, 2022, and June 30th, 2023. Here's a link to the Earning's Call Report: https://ir.take2games.com/events/event-details/q3-2022-take-two-interactive-software-inc-earnings-conference-call
  E0pAx3g.png

Heyo!

Any comments, @KSPStar or @Nate Simpson, if possible?

Just now, AtomicTech said:

Heyo!

Yeah, it's nice to at least have a more narrow window of release than just sometime this year. I'm not surprised, personally, I was expecting a Summer/Fall release. Not to be rude.

Just now, Brandon10044 said:

Yeah, it's nice to at least have a more narrow window of release than just sometime this year. I'm not surprised, personally, I was expecting a Summer/Fall release. Not to be rude.

Yep!

It lessens the anxiety of another delay :sticktongue:

Just to be clear, this doesn't change anything, because this was the announced release date all along (sometime in 2022 still) and it hasn't changed. This simply reduces the likelihood that the game will be further delayed. 

Good to see a release period. But a fiscal year for T2 is April 2022 - March 2023. So we have as little couple months to another year before release. Looking at the definitions for the categories, the delays make sense now. We know KSP2's scope has grown, but T2 is lumping it with GTA and RDR for the amount of playable content (play time?) it will have. Little KSP1 has a ton of things to do. KSP2 is going to be a monster compared to it.

3 minutes ago, t_v said:

Just to be clear, this doesn't change anything, because this was the announced release date all along (sometime in 2022 still) and it hasn't changed. This simply reduces the likelihood that the game will be further delayed. 

Yeah, thankfully, this just gives us a more precise release window, which is nicer than just 2022! Not to be rude. 

2 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

Good to see a release period. But a fiscal year for T2 is April 2022 - March 2023. So we have as little couple months to another year before release. Looking at the definitions for the categories, the delays make sense now. We know KSP2's scope has grown, but T2 is lumping it with GTA and RDR for the amount of playable content (play time?) it will have. Little KSP1 has a ton of things to do. KSP2 is going to be a monster compared to it.

Agreed, this is going to be a much larger game in many respects to KSP, so the window they are giving make sense. Not to be rude.

2 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Finally, some sort of release time other than "this year(?)".

It's basically just "This year but not before April." Not exactly better or worse, just the same really.

16 minutes ago, Xwing000 said:

fiscal year 2023 means 

April 1st, 2022 - March 31st, 2023

So culd be still this year 

why do you think this is concerning?

I didn't know what a fiscal year was, so maybe it could come out sooner than I thought

Edited by BekfastDerp13
beanos

6 hours ago, BekfastDerp13 said:

I didn't know what a fiscal year was, so maybe it could come out sooner than I thought

In fact, I would even venture to say it's good news. We now know that KSP2 will be coming sometime during 2022 but after April 1st, assuming there are no more delays.

1 hour ago, TLTay said:

Meanwhile the job listings for the Seattle office look like they're hiring for an all-new game, but are still listing KSP2 as the work. I hope everybody didn't up and quit.

We already know that they're trying to get early pre-production ball rolling on another project, which is normal for a studio that wants to keep everyone's paychecks coming after the current game is delivered on. And I don't see any significant changes with positions they have open for that.

All in all, no real change in status from any of this information. KSP2 is still planned for sometime later this year, and since I wouldn't have expected the game before late summer anyways, the fact that it's fiscal '23 is as expected.