How do i make chopstick arms without the kraken happen on every clikck?

W.V Kerman

What is a chopstick arm?

Are you trying to make an actual chopstick?

(actually, that's a pretty good idea..)

Well, if the chopstick arms are flopping about when you don't want them to, try to lock the robotics by right clicking on them. Then, in your action group menu, set all the robotics to unlock and lock when your robotics move.

Hope this helps.

I don't think the robotic parts will operate properly until you are within 200 meter (assuming you are in control of the landing ship). You may actually be able to use that as a timing mechanism but you'd need some sort of precise automated approach control to reliably repeat those final 200 meter. There's no way you could pull that off consistently by hand (I'd be happy to be proven wrong on that though). Use a KAL controller on the tower to operate the robotics, set loop mode to "Repeat-reset" and it should start playing its program automatically as soon as you hit 200m distance, if you time the program right and your approach is consistent, it should be possible in theory.

Clearly someone will have to build one in KSP at some point :D

I would suggest you start with a tiny one, just as a proof of concept to see if you can actually make the mechanics and approach work. You're probably just trying to move far too much weight on a single hinge or servo. You can use the KAL controller to lock your hinges, rotors and servos whenever they're not moving. If you can make a small one work, see how far you can scale it up.

I would attempt to do it with a combination of kraken tech (undocking to create two vehicles) and pistons that are physically strutted together which can help reenforce and combine their strength.

But yeah robotics aren't fantastic so I am not sure if its actually able to be done easily or at all

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.