NEW PC: Stand by for fresh madness!

Whackjob

Long story short, my lovely wife has gifted me a small assortment of computer parts that formed the base of a good machine.  Case, motherboard, processor.  For my birthday, a graphics card.  I spent some of mine own coin, for 32GB ram, a small NVME drive for the OS and such, nothing too fancy.  Well, an old buddy of mine called me over, said he had some stuff.  I got given a better graphics card (sorry honey, but thanks!) and more memory at a slightly lower speed.  So, I've just gone from 12GB ram on the shadow remote system I've been using, to 64.  Incredible.  Oh, and if anyone's interested about the processor, it's an AMD Ryzen 5 3600.  Six core, hyperthreaded.  Whee!

I've got college work I gotta do, so I can't spend a lot of time on this just yet, but boy, I'm gonna go for my biggest build in forever.  I'm using a whole new operating system that'll take some getting used to (Linux MINT!) but if I can figure out how to record and such, hey, maybe some new Youtube vids.  I can't promise, but I'm gonna try to produce. 

I can't figure out how to do a quick screenshot and slap it in here, so bear with me while I figure out stuffs.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I got a VAB extender of sorts working.  It's great, but I've been tinkering with how fast the scroll wheel goes just so I can scroll up and down without dying of old age.  Got that working, but then it also affects how quickly I zoom in and out of my craft in flight.  That's a problem I don't know how to get around.  Anyone good with modding the CFG?

ARGH!  The game crashed.  But check this out.   I actually launched that thing.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Each engine cluster that you can see in the previous image had _240_ of the largest motors I could find.  And there's seven of those clusters.   I gotta do the math on that...

So I'm using the S3-KS-25x4 engine at 4000kn each.  Overall this thing had 1,680 of those motors, for a grand total of 6,720,000kn of power at launch.  Now, I can't call it a SUCCESSFUL launch, but it did leave the ground and since the game crashed I guess I can say I killed the whole universe with it.  Pretty spiffy!

A good sign of good things to come.  I'm getting away with a lot.

If you have the breaking ground DLC, there are deployable science experiments you can put on the surface of planets. One of these is a seismic sensor that returns more science the more seismic activity you generate... by crashing into said planet.

Just sayin'

:D

I have never had this many engines on something, and I have never had something with that many moving parts launch.   I just need to find a better VAB extension mod that'll let me build my 1km tall munar tower lander, and then I can get to work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.