I wonder if they will revamp the stock system in KSP2

I hope there's a lot more than just texture revamps for the Kerbol system. We need lore, Kerbal culture and technology - the world has to feels alive, amazing things to keep us exploring on the planets and moons we love.

Edited by Vl3d
clarification

'Upgrade' what's already there certainly, we've already seen some of that. 

I don't expect any significant additions, such as new planets or moons though, but it's not inconcievable that the odd thing  might sneak in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 11:53 AM, Vl3d said:

I hope there's a lot more than just texture revamps for the Kerbol system. We need lore, Kerbal culture and technology - the world has to feels alive, amazing things to keep us exploring on the planets and moons we love.

On the lore part, I remember hearing something about a planned story for KSP 1 some time ago.  Apparently there would be clues to find on different celestial bodies across the Kerbol system, such as the SSTV pyramid on Duna. Decoding signals and reading the information would reveal the location of a hidden planet for beyond Eeloo. On that planet there would be ruins of an ancient civilization that may have created the Kerbals. (This is all I remember some of it may be wrong.) In one of the KSP 2 feature videos we see a tutorial animation with a scientist looking at a map of the Kerbol system, and there is a drawing of a planet that could possibly exist beyond Eeloo. (sound familiar?) What I'm saying is that perhaps we might be able to see traces of that lost lore in KSP 2, or at the very least maybe a hidden planet, maybe we will not be able to see it on the map initially.

And on the culture part, the idea of Kerbal culture is really interesting to me. What does their society and history look like? Is it similar to our own? Or is it completely different? I feel like some sort of hints to the backstory of the Kerbal race, maybe as a cool easter egg, could really add some more life to them, make them feel like a real civilization, (and yes cities or city lights on Kerbin would help with that too.)

One more Idea I was thinking of to add more life to the Kerbol system. Perhaps science experiments performed on celestial bodies will reveal secrets to their past, such as the planet being habitable in the past, or it had suffered a massive impact in it's past (which would explain why the 3 celestial bodies with oceans all have massive crater-like formations visible from space), and if you get enough info, you could create a timeline of the planet's history from it's birth right up to the present day. This would serve as an incentive to get all the science from a planet besides just unlocking new parts. As you would be able to learn about the history of the Kerbal's interstellar neighborhood.

16 hours ago, The Laythean said:

On the lore part, I remember hearing something about a planned story for KSP 1 some time ago.  Apparently there would be clues to find on different celestial bodies across the Kerbol system, such as the SSTV pyramid on Duna. Decoding signals and reading the information would reveal the location of a hidden planet for beyond Eeloo. On that planet there would be ruins of an ancient civilization that may have created the Kerbals. (This is all I remember some of it may be wrong.) In one of the KSP 2 feature videos we see a tutorial animation with a scientist looking at a map of the Kerbol system, and there is a drawing of a planet that could possibly exist beyond Eeloo. (sound familiar?) What I'm saying is that perhaps we might be able to see traces of that lost lore in KSP 2, or at the very least maybe a hidden planet, maybe we will not be able to see it on the map initially.

And on the culture part, the idea of Kerbal culture is really interesting to me. What does their society and history look like? Is it similar to our own? Or is it completely different? I feel like some sort of hints to the backstory of the Kerbal race, maybe as a cool easter egg, could really add some more life to them, make them feel like a real civilization, (and yes cities or city lights on Kerbin would help with that too.)

One more Idea I was thinking of to add more life to the Kerbol system. Perhaps science experiments performed on celestial bodies will reveal secrets to their past, such as the planet being habitable in the past, or it had suffered a massive impact in it's past (which would explain why the 3 celestial bodies with oceans all have massive crater-like formations visible from space), and if you get enough info, you could create a timeline of the planet's history from it's birth right up to the present day. This would serve as an incentive to get all the science from a planet besides just unlocking new parts. As you would be able to learn about the history of the Kerbal's interstellar neighborhood.

I totally agree man! That's the reason I put science experiments on my crafts even though I play in sandbox mode, to learn what I can even with the meager amount of actual knowledge KSP 1's science experiments give us.