KSP 2: wish-lists compilation (I probably stole your idea!)

10 minutes ago, Ember12 said:

Maybe thin lines that come out of CoM/CoT/CoL indicators in all 6 directions, to help line things up.

The VECDRAW function in kOS works well for this type of thing, but yeah, would be nice as a stock thing in stock construction

11 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Shouldn't you generally make the back gear lower than the front?

If it's a tailwheel arrangement, yes.  But with a tricycle setup (like on airliners), leveling the wheels works best in my experience.

Kerbals are already immortal (at least they don't die of old age) and I don't think they'll add a kerbal aging mechanic.  Plus:

11 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

The only thing more difficult than building an interstellar vessel is freezing and thawing a body evenly and quick enough to not cause damage.

Biggest one for me is a meaningful approach to life support. Its so important in real life space exploration and colonization and I hope it gets its due, however it’s accomplished. 

Next would be better mapping tools that are produced scansat style and show up as overlays that you could toggle through in map and flight mode. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

I know its been said but seriously rover physics needs to be improved.  Carefully driving a rover 20 km on the Mun only for me to make a slight turn to the left causing the rover to be catupulted into the air vacuum and break is one of the most frustrating parts of ksp for me. 

5 hours ago, THE_JUDGE said:

Carefully driving a rover 20 km on the Mun only for me to make a slight turn to the left causing the rover to be catupulted into the air vacuum and break is one of the most frustrating parts of ksp for me. 

Oh believe me, I know. There's so much potential for Baja / ramp jump type activities.. but the buggy always explodes when hitting a terrain lip. I feel we need more non-explosive damage to craft that do not hold fuel.

Edited by Vl3d

1. I've mentioned it in the list, but we really need a better way to interact with parts that are clipped inside other larger parts.

It's so frustrating to have to zoom inside and find the right angle in normal view so that I can right click a part (on a small probe core inside a tank, for example).

2. Total volume of hollow parts clipped together should be calculated using the formula:

vA clipped with vB = vA + vB - (vA intersected with vB)

3. A similar approach to calculate hollow structure mass. Meaning that if X is a hollow parts or part with living space, the total mass should depends on the exterior walls, not on the part walls that are now inside (and in practice would not exist anymore).

mX clipped with mY = mX + mY - (mX and mY mass of walls that are now inside the structure)

4. We desperately need a way to group merge fuel tanks together so they become a single tank. Also applies to hollow parts with living space that are clipped together.

Please devs. @Nate Simpson

Edited by Vl3d

1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

I've mentioned it in the list, but we really need a better way to interact with parts that are clipped inside other larger parts

For KSP, the mod Part Commander worked perfectly for that purpose. You're asking for something like that to be included in KSP2?

I can't prescribe solutions, just stating problems and wishes. It might be possible that something we think we want is actually solved diagonally, by changing paradigm or by addressing a more fundamental desire.

Edited by Vl3d

25 minutes ago, siklidkid said:

How about Eclipses? That would be pretty, and theoretically they will add it in.

I think that is already implemented by the lighting system- they can even happen in KSP1! 

Animations of a rocket/plane being tranported from the VAB/SPH to the launchpad/runway (building's big door opens and the craft gets out, with a crawler or its wheels)

On 2/22/2022 at 8:42 PM, Vl3d said:

holes in the ground when landing caused by engine too close, explosion craters

Use neshes. Nesh is short for "negative-mesh": each planet has its nesh list, and when rendering terrain the neshed erase the meshes overlapping them.

4 hours ago, siklidkid said:

How about Eclipses? That would be pretty, and theoretically they will add it in.

KSP 1 Eclipse:

1200px-Eclipse3.pngThe only thing missing from KSP 1 is that it does not get darker in stock ksp. However it does get darker with scatterer installed, so I'm sure that eclipses will be spectacular in KSP 2

I know it's too late but... 

Better Thermal control.  Parts that are inside other parts or behind other parts should not have drag effects placed on them.  I try to fly from KSC to the mountains just north of it and parts are overheating like crazy and I'm going less than 300 m/s.

Radiators fixed and deployable should (when connected to a Coolant Tank) cool ALL PARTS. 

Large Radiators should offer a larger payoff/cooling effect.

17 minutes ago, Xtra said:

Radiators fixed and deployable should (when connected to a Coolant Tank) cool ALL PARTS. 

Coolant tanks are not part of stock KSP 1.  My guess is you have some of Nertea's mods installed with heat control loops and from what I gather you really need to read the docs and design your heat loops very carefully much like in real life.   At the speed you are going, just below transsonic, you are likely running near max Q all the time as for aerodynamic heating, but other than that, don't know.  Again, there are forums for general support:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/70-technical-support-pc-modded-installs/

And if you figure out which mod your heat model and coolant tank parts are from there is almost certainly a forum specifically for that mod