KSP 2: wish-lists compilation (I probably stole your idea!)

11 minutes ago, Lijazos said:

Fully working IVA. You should be able to do everything from inside your cockpit and control panels (maybe except mapview).

Having something like the ASET IVA replacements in stock would be awesome

17 hours ago, Catto said:

How about mass drivers? If that's too hightech, Spinlaunchers? We should have a way to not waste propellant and get stuff into space.

or a SPACE ELEVATOR :heart_eyes:

never gonna happen

20 minutes ago, Kerb24 said:
5 hours ago, Laxez said:

or a SPACE ELEVATOR :heart_eyes:

I mean you can probably build one in KSP already. It just needs to be built on Gilly.

Pretty sure there are a few hills on Gilly that qualify as space elevators.

1 hour ago, Kerb24 said:

I mean you can probably build one in KSP already. It just needs to be built on Gilly.

Once I read in an article that it is not at all easy to build a space elevator, the main problem is the angular momentum that the elevator should withstand, essentially the elevator should be in an orbit that starts from the earth and ends in geostationary orbit, which is practically impossible to achieve. A geostationary orbit is around  at 42000km above Earth...

I want water to drip off my vehicle, and parts to be able to get waterlogged as a difficulty option.

If i do a water landing, which is the most likely place to land your craft, i want it to be immersive. If i land my plane in the water, i want it to get WET.

This seems possible to a very limited extent with something as simple as a shader, but if you actually want to simulate the droplets moving over a surface (not even individual droplets, just their general flow in many conditions) it would be one of the hardest and most processing intensive parts of the game. What I could see is a higher reflectivity and some more distortion when parts are wet. 

Edited by t_v

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned asteroid bases, I would really love to see absolutely massive asteroids, on the scale of kilometers or even tens of kilometers across, if the engine allows for it. What would be even better would be if they could be moved, which would provide a big end-game challenge for players to move a massive asteroid into LKO or something. 

2 hours ago, t_v said:

Someone mentioned asteroid bases, I would really love to see absolutely massive asteroids, on the scale of kilometers or even tens of kilometers across, if the engine allows for it. What would be even better would be if they could be moved, which would provide a big end-game challenge for players to move a massive asteroid into LKO or something. 

Agreed

• 5 months later...

Kind reminder for new and old forum users to go through this list and think about anything new that could be added.

I've updated it constantly with new "maybe borrowed" ideas (but edits don't push it to the top of recently interacted posts).

Thank you!

On 2/22/2022 at 4:06 PM, BekfastDerp13 said:

months

i think you mean YEARS.

On 2/22/2022 at 4:06 PM, BekfastDerp13 said:

Lagrange Points - Complex orbits aren't going to be in KSP 2, last time I checked.

well, only Rask and Rusk will have the ability for complex orbits. also, i'm pretty confident that with the "higher modding capabilities" of KSP 2, someone will make a mod for newtonian physics that will completely destroy all but nasa supercomputers!

...long / persistent condensation / exhaust trails

Can't believe it took me so long to think about it - would be especially cool in multiplayer.

Edited by Vl3d

• 1 month later...

I added some more stuff, but I think one of the important ideas is using utility EVA tethers as ropes to rappel down cliffs.

Also in the latest gameplay videos the rover wheels do not kick up dust (rooster tails) and do not leave marks on the ground. Footprints should be visible also. It's an important details for the mood of the game. Vehicles and suits should become dirty and look worn out.

Edited by Vl3d

I added a suggestion that is very obvious and would be amazing in the game:

The Planetarium

A separate building, easily accessible from Map View and Tracking Station - containing all information from the R&D Facility scientific findings archives and the Tracking Station Knowledge Base. All scientific experiments should unlock interactive graphs, images and animations showing the evolution of the Star System, how the planet was formed, its internal layers, atmosphere / seasons / weather, biosphere and other properties.

Something like augmented map view:

Spoiler

The Earth can be divided into four layers - crust, mantle, outer core, and inner core.

Graphic of layers

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/pia21442_updated.jpg