KSP 2: wish-lists compilation (I probably stole your idea!)

2+ Adventure modes.

1. Standard mode (so-named as not to make casual players feel they are handicapping themselves)
2. Veteran mode (shorter comms range to make comms networks necessary, less forgiving thermal, other adjustments that exacerbate parts of gameplay that a newbie would find annoying and a vet would enjoy)
3. Hardcore mode (can't kill kerbals?)
4. ??? Realistic gravity/atmosphere?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with every suggestion you posted VI3d. I love the thought of changing weather seasons and eroding rockets. The rain droplets dissipating and turning into snow or hail as you get higher into the atmosphere. And Re-Entry burn marks! Nice job on the suggestions to VI3d and everyone who wrote a suggestion on this thread! :cool:

Edited by CytauriKerbal

On 12/14/2022 at 10:30 AM, Vl3d said:

I added a suggestion that is very obvious and would be amazing in the game:

The Planetarium

A separate building, easily accessible from Map View and Tracking Station - containing all information from the R&D Facility scientific findings archives and the Tracking Station Knowledge Base. All scientific experiments should unlock interactive graphs, images and animations showing the evolution of the Star System, how the planet was formed, its internal layers, atmosphere / seasons / weather, biosphere and other properties.

Something like augmented map view:

Reveal hidden contents

The Earth can be divided into four layers - crust, mantle, outer core, and inner core.

Graphic of layers

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/pia21442_updated.jpg

What reason does this have to exist?

On 12/20/2022 at 5:42 AM, [email protected] said:

I think getting orbital mechanics when flying 4 plus players are flying multiple 255 part ships near a massive colony right trumps your need for frame rate.

KSP 2 is not built on spaghetti code. "60fps" and moderately sized rockets aren't mutually exclusive. Orbital mechanics doesn't even have a notable impact on framerate.

On 12/20/2022 at 6:21 PM, zeekzeek22 said:

2+ Adventure modes.

1. Standard mode (so-named as not to make casual players feel they are handicapping themselves)
2. Veteran mode (shorter comms range to make comms networks necessary, less forgiving thermal, other adjustments that exacerbate parts of gameplay that a newbie would find annoying and a vet would enjoy)
3. Hardcore mode (can't kill kerbals?)
4. ??? Realistic gravity/atmosphere?

So, difficulty

Edited by Bej Kerman

On 12/14/2022 at 5:30 AM, Vl3d said:

I added a suggestion that is very obvious and would be amazing in the game:

The Planetarium

A separate building, easily accessible from Map View and Tracking Station - containing all information from the R&D Facility scientific findings archives and the Tracking Station Knowledge Base. All scientific experiments should unlock interactive graphs, images and animations showing the evolution of the Star System, how the planet was formed, its internal layers, atmosphere / seasons / weather, biosphere and other properties.

Something like augmented map view:

Hide contents

The Earth can be divided into four layers - crust, mantle, outer core, and inner core.

Graphic of layers

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/pia21442_updated.jpg

This is one  I actually like! This could be a very gameplay focused way of communicating a bit of lore. 

• 2 weeks later...

We need a new utility weight that can be attached like a thermometer (anywhere).. a procedural part to balance the Center of Mass of (small) probes. Bigger / heavier variants could be used to also balance larger craft. Example: To not waste useful surface / area on a lander probe core. A parachute is big and heavy and I only need to place one and put science experiments and small lead utility weight opposite.

Edited by Vl3d

On 2/22/2022 at 10:06 PM, BekfastDerp13 said:

I love the ideas, but there are some things that I don't think will make it in:

Life support - Having to maintain multiple ships with Kerbals in them can get annoying. I do like the thought of degraded performance.

RPG Story - Great idea, but I think Kerbal Space Program is more of a non story game.

Destructible Terrain - Making this feature could delay the release by many months. I know KSP 2 is supposed to be amazing, but my patience has ran out.

Cutscenes - I love it, but again, game delay.

Cosmetic Gradual Damage - It just seems like a mod could do it. I would like to hear how this would work.

Melting Parts - Physics limits with computer performance.

Procedural wings are in the game, but fuel tanks might stay the same.

Weather - I think it will be purely cosmetic, if it is in the game

Lagrange Points - Complex orbits aren't going to be in KSP 2, last time I checked.

Black Hole System - I think it would have been announced (well maybe not announced) by now. The development team seems to be finishing up the game if they are planning to release it in Fiscal Year 2023.

Solar Flares - Good idea, but I don't think it would be in stock. Maybe a mod?

Lasers - haha Death Star go pew boom (what would lasers be used for?)

Every other idea is amazing!

Life support would be very nice as option (like a hard mode). Auto-suply would make this also possible for spacestations and colonies. Maybe something with gravity would be nice to. Like kerbals becomming worse to controll after long 0G stays wich would be a good reason to add gravity rings (or some habitation modules having excersise equipment making then stay fit longer).

Thing like weather would be great for future DLCs. Keeps the game exciting over time. They probably will keep adding star systems to the game, so maybe one day a black hole system too

5 minutes ago, Lowi_Sace said:

First person mode/missions would be really cool. Like being able to see the whole cockpit, and kerbal(s) pushing buttons and hear alarms go off when descending too fast and really feel along with the kerbal seems really cool to me

Watch this.. it's epic.

4 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Watch this.. it's epic.

Oo yeah looks really cool and sounds cool (heigt indicator, buttoms clicking etc). Hope this will be in KSP2. Imagine being able to play this with VR. Would be insane (probably wont be VR in game) or doing such a mission with a buddy (like both controling a kerbal)

Dynamic weather. You know - storms to contend with. Nothing can really foul up an ideal launch or landing like a good storm popping up out of nowhere! Or a good crosswind... the list of weather phenomenon is endless.

18 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Dynamic weather. You know - storms to contend with. Nothing can really foul up an ideal launch or landing like a good storm popping up out of nowhere! Or a good crosswind... the list of weather phenomenon is endless.

I'd imagine such would be a weight on performance. Could be done, but I imagine there are more fun challenges to be focusing on that are also easier to implement, like radiation. Especially temperature - you never have to put radiators on KSP 1 crafts unless you're doing ISRU or grazing the sun.

47 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I'd imagine such would be a weight on performance. Could be done, but I imagine there are more fun challenges to be focusing on that are also easier to implement, like radiation. Especially temperature - you never have to put radiators on KSP 1 crafts unless you're doing ISRU or grazing the sun.

The thread, after all, is a wish list. :) So, it's wishful thinking. Now, in reality, no, there's not a PC in the world that could tackle half of the ideas we've thrown at the devs in this or the rest of the "what would you like to see in KSP2" threads...

So, we will just have to trust their judgment.

20 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

The thread, after all, is a wish list. :) So, it's wishful thinking. Now, in reality, no, there's not a PC in the world that could tackle half of the ideas we've thrown at the devs in this or the rest of the "what would you like to see in KSP2" threads...

So, we will just have to trust their judgment.

True. The team seems to care what people want to see in the game and will probably try to add things (with updates or later in eurly acces) that are highly requested. Like life support (maybe a very simple version). With a lot of stuff modders will probably beat them with it

We also need some engines for planes capable of hypersonic speeds such as hybrids like the engine used in the SR-72 or better known as the Darkstar from Top Gun: Maverick which is a Jet Engine/Ramjet hybrid or with the movie version (Darkstar) which was capable of Mach 10 in the movie, a Jet Engine/Scramjet hybrid.

Improved physics when time warping in atmosphere (so that my plane isn't torn apart into 10 different pieces the second I press 2x time warp)

It would also be nice to have a visual mod maker for parts where you could make models even if had little to no experience in model creation, as well as easy thrust tuning and exhaust animation.

Also, more accurate engines for planes with compressors, combustion chambers, and turbines, along with that which would make engines longer you could make it so the engine is inside the plane body and the intakes curve out to the outside of the body without making it so the intakes are there then cut off from the rest of the engine then the engine somehow gets the intake air.

Sidenote: it would be cool to see spinning blades on jets and for intakes to be see through so it wouldn't look like our intakes were leading to an empty void or black hole.

As you may have noticed I really want to see plane making improved because I'm a huge fan of planes so most of these are improvements to making them and using them, except not completely with the time warp thing.

I had a great idea, Sonic boom cones! Just posted a thread about it. Basically what they are is they are air cones created when a ship goes faster than the air can move. This applies to spaceplanes and rockets. Here’s a video and a picture of some of these cool fx. nasasnewmoon.jpg

This can also combine your idea of Sonic boom sounds as well.

1 hour ago, CytauriKerbal said:

I had a great idea, Sonic boom cones! Just posted a thread about it. Basically what they are is they are air cones created when a ship goes faster than the air can move. This applies to spaceplanes and rockets. Here’s a video and a picture of some of these cool fx. nasasnewmoon.jpg

This can also combine your idea of Sonic boom sounds as well.

Added "Diverse condensation trails (sonic boom cones)" to the wishlist for visuals. They also appear in the cinematic trailer.

v1q7WHb_d.webp?maxwidth=1200&shape=thumb

All that I want is that someday they add robotics again. I always hated to make rockets with dumbly huge fairings, so all my payloads are  tidy packed with lots of  hinges and rotors and when they get into space they unfold in their intended majesty. That has been the mini game I spent most of my time in the last  years.

22 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Added "Diverse condensation trails (sonic boom cones)" to the wishlist for visuals. They also appear in the cinematic trailer.

v1q7WHb_d.webp?maxwidth=1200&shape=thumb

Holy Jedidiah! Its freaking canon (kinda)! Thanks for pointing this out! I hope that they actually decide to add this in! Only problem with this is that this is a trailer, and, we all know what game trailers can turn into. Though, the KSP 2's in game footage is pretty close to the trailer and the KSP 2 team delivers on their words so, fingers crossed!

I also just noticed at 2:02 to 2:05 in the trailer, there is maybe another sonic effect. Not sure if it could be exhaust or white re-entry fx but maybe.

I think there is a lot of good ideas, and ideas that are considers as too time consuming for the devs would maybe come in laters updates. Remember that we only know for 1.0 and not beyond.

I think developping the lore and a story around KSP will really make the game greater, and some of the idea that you said will come from the community part (like with mods). 

I wish they will do a better Steam workshop like Scrap Mechanic one (the best one as far as I know), and we would really need to have some RP servers when Multiplayer goes out.

Just a month away, so excited :o :)

I just had an Idea, would be AWESOME for new players to have all the information that you need a planet/moon when you need it, like :

• Sphere of influence  [altitude in m]
  • Atmosphere : [Yes - No]
    • Height : [altitude in m]
    • Density : [Fin, normal, thick]
    • Layers : [altitude in m]
  • Diameter : [m]
  • Moons :
    • Type : [telluric planet - gaseous planet]
    • Lore : [Informations]

We could access these information in an sort of in-game browser. I don't think this is too difficult to make in a mod if not in Stock KSP2

2 hours ago, ClashofCraft972 said:

У меня только что возникла идея, было бы ЗАМЕЧАТЕЛЬНО, если бы новые игроки имели всю информацию о планете/луне, когда она вам нужна, например :

• Сфера влияния  [высота в м]
  • Атмосфера: [Да - Нет]
    • Высота: [высота в м]
    • Плотность: [Плавник, нормальный, толстый]
    • Слои: [высота в м]
  • Диаметр: [м]
  • Луны:
    • Тип: [теллурическая планета - газообразная планета]
    • Знания: [Информация]

Мы могли бы получить доступ к этой информации в своего рода внутриигровом браузере. Я не думаю, что это слишком сложно сделать в моде, если не в стоковом KSP2.

on this basis,  can come up with new tools for studying these things)))