Red Skies - Brown Dwarfs

NimNimix

red_skies_1.png

FAR OUT    RED SKIES - Red Skies was going to be a standalone mod until the idea of FO came around, the name FO may not stay though. Red Skies takes place in the Luhman 16 system, BUT KERBALIZED.

red_skies_2.png

For a while now I have been working on a mod centered around a brown dwarf star which is a star just below the mass limit for hydrogen fusion, so its basically a really hot gas giant:). I do have two other mod ideas in mind but wanted to get this one done with first as its been an idea for a longgggg time now. (fyi one of the two mod idea besides this, I have is already began working on)

SYSTEM CHART (NOT TO SCALE)

Spoiler

unknown.png

well, its bugged now, but I plan on making a new one when work of FO actually starts and I make the planets

INSTALLATION GUIDE: for download simply insert the files within the GameData folder into Kerbal Space Program's GameData.

PREREQUISITES: KOPERNICUS

Spoiler

CHANGELOG:

Version 0.1 Added in Boralis

Version 0.2 Fixed corona and added in Hothen (Lava Planet)

Version 0.3 Heavily modified the planetary system 

Version  0.4 Added in Vela and made code for Toris

0.4 pc stolen all previous data lost

RELEASE IN idk yet

DOWNLOAD LINK:

none yet:(

Follow the post to see when it comes out

Edited by NimNimix

Huh I do see the similarities between the mods, thanks for seeing this. It might bring a little traffic to it ( EDIT i just saw the names and im probably gonna have to change the name)

I fixed the name

Edited by NimNimix

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

BIG ANNOUNCMENT: Hey, if your wondering what happened to Red Skies, I had gotten the majority of stuff done but then my house was broken into and my pc stolen, although I did have a very old copy on a USB drive. Even if my pc had not been stolen I had slowed down on development due to losing interest but more importantly, I was having a very annoying issues with sunflare were it was visible from Kerbin and LARGER than Kerbol, after research I figured out brightness curves and sunflare curves and all that but the new config only gave me Kopernicus error messages and it wouldn't load. I tried getting help but the fixes provided by my peers didn't work. What I'm trying to say is that Red Skies is being delayed, ik I sound like a triple A game company right now  but I realized that this might be a tad hard for a first mod. 

The bright side: Well, I know the first bit was bad news for some people but I do have future plans for a mod similar to Galaxies unbound in the future which WILL INCLUDE the system of red skies as Kohmunn - 17 A along with B.  I have lots planned for the future involving this mod. So... what's the name? Welllll, I dont know yet, I am fully open for suggestions in the comments.

What can we expect for the NEAR future?: Big things, I plan on making a mod revamping the Jool system and then making a FULL system revamp at 2.7x size kind of like JSNQ but well, different so not really like JSNQ. Seems a lot easier to revamp a system then make a brand new one. When can expect the Jool revamp mod?  Well, probably about a month or 2 as im trying to make it high quality so it will take a moment. I will soon post a timeline for what you can expect for the future!

I have a cool name!        What about  "Far Out: a Kerbal Adventure" and for the current mod it would be "Far Out: a Kerbal Adventure: Red Skys". Mabey Alpha Centuri could be "A tripled Adventure".

Also maybe the abbreviation could be FOKA.... wait. Nope, don't say that out loud :D. I think it could be FOAKA.

Oh and may I suggest some systems? The first is "TrES-2b", and the other is "HD 80606" It has only one planet, but it is in a hyper elliptical orbit!

I do indeed like those names! I thing Far Out would be a great name for it. I think the abbreviation would just be FO,  its just easier to say FO then FOAKA.  Also, I do plan on doing TrES-2b and HD 80606. am excited to see what this turns into!

On 9/1/2022 at 3:42 AM, NimNimix said:

my house was broken into and my pc stolen

im sorry man

On 9/1/2022 at 3:42 AM, NimNimix said:

Well, I know the first bit was bad news for some people but I do have future plans for a mod similar to Galaxies unbound in the future which WILL INCLUDE the system of red skies as Kohmunn - 17 A along with B.  I have lots planned for the future involving this mod. So... what's the name? Welllll, I dont know yet, I am fully open for suggestions in the comments.

first of i like galxey mods so im looking forwrd to it as for the name i will have a think maybe NimNimix's galaxy?

Edited by tilliepops
typo

On 9/1/2022 at 10:28 PM, i_like_brown_dwarfs said:

Oof, PC stolen and most data erased, i hope this mod comes out soon, you should make a beta version with all the planets and stars you are going to put in (but with no textures) and slowly update them to all have textures

Hmm that does seem like a good idea! I could add da description to all of them to show what they are cause a blank gray texture won’t show much, this does seem like something I would do

On 9/2/2022 at 3:27 AM, tilliepops said:

im sorry man

first of i like galxey mods so im looking forwrd to it as for the name i will have a think maybe NimNimix's galaxy?

Huh, seems like a name that could be used. It’s fine about the PC I am saving up to fort a new one as my current replacement is my old computer and it’s an HP office computer so it’s a tad slow but I will manage

1 hour ago, NimNimix said:

Hmm that does seem like a good idea! I could add da description to all of them to show what they are cause a blank gray texture won’t show much, this does seem like something I would do

Huh, seems like a name that could be used. It’s fine about the PC I am saving up to fort a new one as my current replacement is my old computer and it’s an HP office computer so it’s a tad slow but I will manage

That sux.. sorry to hear... :(

Another option would be to host on a Github repo or something...periodically push your work... that way theres cloud backups, if go-forbid something happens again

3 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

That sux.. sorry to hear... :(

Another option would be to host on a Github repo or something...periodically push your work... that way theres cloud backups, if go-forbid something happens again

Lovely idea! That is something I will most definitely do.

On 9/5/2022 at 11:44 AM, NimNimix said:

Speaking of which, will this require modulemanager with kopernicus?. Also will this mod be able to be played with OPM or MPE?

Edited by i_like_brown_dwarfs
bruh

On 9/5/2022 at 11:44 AM, NimNimix said:

Thanks for considering my idea! If you do make it able to be installed, which i would love to test, when?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.