Rcs flow

They are supposed to drain in order from bottom to top, though this sometimes breaks when the upper RCS tanks are added late in the build.

Try removing all the RCS tanks, dropping them back in the parts lists, then fitting new tanks starting at the top and working your way down, this should make the code search through the tanks correctly :)

The last tanks placed should drain first, as KSP assumes that you are building from the top down, and the first tank you place is often on the lander or return stage.

The RCS fuel logic can get messed up at times.

This logic works in most cases, but not always. Sometimes when creating complex ships with escape pods, and modifying them a lot in the VAB, you can get to a point where nothing you do will fix the problem. I have a craft design that is broken for good, whatever I do, I can never get the RCS to drain in the order I want, even when removing them all and reattaching them in every possible order and/or stage.

A simple, unbreakable rule would be very useful, and would remove the need to do a full up RCS test on the launchpad every time I test a new design.

It would be nice to be able to manually define what tanks flow where, and in what order.

It would also be nice to be able to manually fix stage groupings. I don't know how many times I try to add a quad of engines or such with symmetry and end up with 1x3+1 engines in the staging :/

My OCD starts tingling at that point.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite frankly, I don't see why the RCS draining logic doesn't just use the RCS tank with the highest staging number. Preferably drain from RCS tanks due to be dropped off sooner. Simple and sensible. (Right?)

Quite frankly, I don't see why the RCS draining logic doesn't just use the RCS tank with the highest staging number. Preferably drain from RCS tanks due to be dropped off sooner. Simple and sensible. (Right?)
<-this, it would make staging and rcs placement so much easier if this was the case, also be helpful if rcs's would only activate if the stage the were in was activated

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.