How do you disable certain mods?

Hi y'all,

Quick question that's probably in the wrong category; can you disable certain mods in CKAN? I wanna do a stock replica of Sputnik and... well, I've got probably over 20 mods that include non-stock parts.

Thanks in advance,

Second Hand Rocket Science, CEO and Founder of Acorn Aeronautics

On 2/27/2022 at 1:06 PM, Second Hand Rocket Science said:

can you disable certain mods

Completely disabling a mod that changes gameplay usually requires uninstalling it. It sounds like you don't need that, though, and just want to filter parts from the VAB/SPH menu so you don't accidentally add modded parts to your all-stock ship. The Janitor's Closet can do the part filtering for you.

On 2/28/2022 at 6:19 PM, DeadJohn said:

Completely disabling a mod that changes gameplay usually requires uninstalling it. It sounds like you don't need that, though, and just want to filter parts from the VAB/SPH menu so you don't accidentally add modded parts to your all-stock ship. The Janitor's Closet can do the part filtering for you.

Sorry for not responding for a while. Thought my question was pretty much dead. Anyways, I had no idea that mod existed. I'll look into it. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

CKAN is designed specifically so you can easily create new copies of KSP, with totally different mods in each. Click File > manage KSP instances > create new instance > clone or fake new instance. Use the existing one as the base to copy, create a folder to hold the new one and let CKAN do its thing, et voila: you now have two copies of KSP. They’ll be identical at first, but you can now change all the mods you like in the new copy with zero impact on the old and vice versa.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

On 2/28/2022 at 11:11 AM, Second Hand Rocket Science said:

Well, that sucks. I'll fiddle with CKAN for a while, I guess.

UPDATE: Fiddled for a while. You are right; guess my Sputnik project will be on hold. For a while, at least.

Copy your install directory to another directory then remove mods from the copy?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.