Interplanetary War & Kerbal nations.

Minmus Taster

Even without multiplayer, it would be very easy to simulate the formation of new nations and even a form of interplanetary or even interstellar conflict.

Using the knowledge we have so far on colony building and making those colonies self-sustaining, you could quite easily form an entire sovereign nation and have the two nations crash ships into one another, like playing yourself in a chess game, with multiplayer you could go into battle with other players even and shooting missiles at each other & causing mass death and committing war crimes on a scale which even real life modern humans have never seen before.

You could start a revolution on another planet & decimate everyone who tries attacking you with some sick & inhuman Kerbal-flown fusion missile that someone like Danny2462 would create on mass, or you could build a huge fleet and dispatch it to other planets to conquer.

And that's just WITHOUT some mad-lad inevitably adding guns into the game with a mod pack though even with all of those idea's in mind I've always seen KSP as a pretty anti-gun game overall.

Well yes, Kerbal is a pacifist game, but that was single player. In the future, if I have a nice colony with a beautiful vista and someone wants to detonate their nuclear pulse engine above it or crash some asteroid in my buildings.. I mean, I have to be able to protect myself right? At least some built-in static defences..

Edited by Vl3d
typo

I would say that the largest extent of 'war' that's possible in KSP is just crashing ships into each other. Basically just a lot of kamikaze attacks, nothing like automated missiles or robots with guns or something like that.

11 minutes ago, Deadmeat24 said:

All I'm saying is BDarmory exists for a reason. There is some market for warfare in ksp.

Yep and it's better left to mods, as far from stock as possible.

KSP just isn't a game about war.

On 2/28/2022 at 5:33 AM, intelliCom said:

I would say that the largest extent of 'war' that's possible in KSP is just crashing ships into each other. Basically just a lot of kamikaze attacks, nothing like automated missiles or robots with guns or something like that.

Hahahahah- wait your serious!?

Ever watch solar nations?

On 3/1/2022 at 4:16 PM, Master39 said:

Yep and it's better left to mods, as far from stock as possible.

KSP just isn't a game about war.

Well yeah I agree, it should be left to mods. Just saying that it is 100% something that will be modded.

7 hours ago, Newgame space program said:

Hahahahah- wait your serious!?

Ever watch solar nations?

Does it use mods? If so, doesn't count. This thread is about making war and space conflict in stock. If solar nations is stock warfare, then link something here. If it isn't, then it's not what I'm talking about.

Edited by intelliCom

30 minutes ago, intelliCom said:

Does it use mods? If so, doesn't count. This thread is about making war and space conflict in stock. If solar nations is stock warfare, then link something here. If it isn't, then it's not what I'm talking about.

During the Naval warfare he makes stock missiles, also I have made missiles myself and tanks too (Fireworks are my tanks projectiles, if you try you can make fireworks deadly) also in Kerbol rising ( a beardy penguin series) The ships release missiles that are made of stock parts and shoot them at each other.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=LettThis is the result of one of my stock missiles

However I do agree that KSP should be a peaceful game, the only reason I made these weapons was because of this post.

• 2 weeks later...

Its pretty much confirmed that there will be explosion mechanics and nuclear bomb engines. It takes little imagination to see that being weaponized in MP.

Edited by K33N

You know, this whole thing of people that keep trying to shoehorn war into this game is exactly why I don't think I'll ever play it multiplayer.

I have absolutely zero tolerance for another player intentionally crashing anything into one of my vessels.
Someone does that to me, I'm never talking to them again, unless they're literally one of my family, and even then they're gonna have a solid week of zero contact with me to think about if what they did was worth it.

Immature behaviour like warfare in a game not designed for it will be treated as if I'm dealing with a child. In other words, they get put in time out.

And depending on how much work I have to re-do to recover from that setback, the length they get put in time out could be anywhere from a day to literally forever.

Edited by SciMan

I guess war would be considered griefing (or trolling perhaps) wich could definetly be a banable concept for a KSP2 server. Of course, this would depend on the server owner. 

And, of course, there will definetly be servers made for combat, it's inevitable.

(I am guessing that players will be able to create their own servers and ban players themselfes. If the only Multiplayer servers are made by the company itself, then war will definetly be banned)

Edited by Davi SDF

In a truly unrestricted server free to explore the logical consequences of gameplay, everyone will be developing second strike capability to prevent themselves being smoked from offworld. Kinda fun to think about.

[snip]

Not really, being against the Devs wasting time and resources on combat is a completely different thing from not tollerating other people playing how the want on their private servers.

I don't want weapons or combat in KSP2, especially I don't want for it to be a consideration while they're designing the multiplayer (the whole timewarp management gets way easier if you don't have to care to make combat possible).

I'm going to mainly play coop with my usual group of friends, but at some point we're totally going to build fighter jets and stock weapons for them just for the fun of it and there's nothing immature in it.

Edited by Vanamonde

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

Not really, being against the Devs wasting time and resources on combat is a completely different thing from not tollerating other people playing how the want on their private servers.

I don't want weapons or combat in KSP2, especially I don't want for it to be a consideration while they're designing the multiplayer (the whole timewarp management gets way easier if you don't have to care to make combat possible).

I'm going to mainly play coop with my usual group of friends, but at some point we're totally going to build fighter jets and stock weapons for them just for the fun of it and there's nothing immature in it.

This ^^ sums up my thoughts pretty well.

I see no place for specific 'weaponisation' parts or features in stock.

The 'tools' for making weapons are already there anyway, a fuel tank is pretty much a big molotov cocktail after all, never mind all the other 'goodies' essential for a space program.  If players want to do battle, either in stock or with the inevitable mods then they will, and yes it could be fun.

I'm not much of a multiplayer guy anyway, but I will very likely enjoy some co-ops and quite probably the occasional battle with my kids.

I think this is a topic that is parallel to DayZ was to Arma 3.

What I'm trying to get at is, the multiplayer option on KSP2 will open alot of possibilities.

There are some players whom wish to play casually, build colonies to civilizations. They would like to trade casually and have fun in their own time.

There will also be players who want to play an Age of Empires style game play. They want to also build colonies and civilizations, trade and when things aren't going their way, flip the table and play combat mode when necessary.

There will also be players whom just simply want to Dogfight and build a ship, fly it to the sky and blow stuff up.

What the devs will have to do, and the community for that matter, is set up a system where everybody gets their cake. Doing this through dedicated servers and discords to make everyone happy.

I think simply saying "KSP2 isn't designed for warfare" will block a potentially larger audience ...no matter how brutal their outlook is!