Get Older Version

dozerman

Hey everyone. I recently upgraded my OS and didn't think that I'd need my game save and so I didn't copy it over. Once I finished the upgrade and downloaded the game again, I realized that the latest version of KSP isn't compatible with a lot of my mods. Is there a way that I can get a specific version of KSP to point ckan at? I bought on both steam and GOG (long story. bought twice, once in 2015 and again in 2018), so if there is a way that is possible on only one store, I'm fine with that.

It's really easy with Steam. Right-click on the game in your Steam Library, and select Properties. Then select Betas in the sidebar, and the beta you want to opt into will be a previous version of the game. As long as you're not trying to play pre-1.0 versions, you should find a version that matches the 1.x release your mods need.

Hey, @dozerman, I moved your thread from the KSP 2 discussion area to the KSP discussion area dedicated to the original KSP game - since your post is about the already-released original game. If you're using the Steam version of the game, @daninplainsight is absolutely correct - follow his steps and you'll be up and flying high in no time! :)

8 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Hey, @dozerman, I moved your thread from the KSP 2 discussion area to the KSP discussion area dedicated to the original KSP game - since your post is about the already-released original game. If you're using the Steam version of the game, @daninplainsight is absolutely correct - follow his steps and you'll be up and flying high in no time! :)

That's so strange. I swear I meant to post this elsewhere. I must have had a rouge tab open or something...

8 hours ago, daninplainsight said:

It's really easy with Steam. Right-click on the game in your Steam Library, and select Properties. Then select Betas in the sidebar, and the beta you want to opt into will be a previous version of the game. As long as you're not trying to play pre-1.0 versions, you should find a version that matches the 1.x release your mods need.

I saw that after the post, but I was really hoping there was a way to have one version for mods and one that is fully upgraded. Either way, thank you!

4 hours ago, dozerman said:

I saw that after the post, but I was really hoping there was a way to have one version for mods and one that is fully upgraded.

There is. Just copy the downgraded version to some other directory (preferably before installing any mods), and then upgrade again on steam to get the recent version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.