Stranded: a kerbal novel COMMUNITY COLLABORATION, add to the novel!

EdwardKerman

I woke up. I was staring at myself, or what I thought was myself. was it just me or was I seeing double. 'where am I?) I said, though there was no one else to hear it. I looked around, and I realised I was in a mangled control room of some sort. I tried to reach up to a hatch, but something was blocking it, I tore a bit of wiring from the computer and tied a sharp piece of shrapnel to what looked like it used to be a RCS thruster, creating a primitive sort of knife. it wasn't much but it would do. I cut a hole in the back of the room and cut through what appeared to be a heat shield. I climbed out and gasped at what I saw...

more coming soon!

outside what I realised was a space capsule, was a scene of destruction. wreckage of what must be a rocket was smouldering in a clearing of burnt trees, debris from the wreck were scattered as far as I could see, I ducked back inside the capsule and saw that I had been looking at a broken screen with hundreds of switches inside, some were smashed to bits while others dangled by their cables. I got back out and scavanged through the rest of the debris for a while and then I found something interesting. it looked like a piece of a missile, and had scorch marks running all over it. I took a closer look and saw that it was labelled 'KFATA'. Either I was in a military craft, or I was shot down.

as darkness fell, I marked the location of the river and headed back to base. I got inside the capsule for shelter, and waited . as I was starting to fall asleep, something woke me. I heard a thud outside. I stepped out to take a look. it was a burnt satellite, with KFATA written on it. I had seen the same thing on the missile debris, what does this mean I wondered...... Suddenly the satellite opened up to reveal...

Edited by EdwardKerman

• 2 weeks later...

...a wired looking device. suddenly a timer activated and it started to beep, I dropped it in surprise and ran for cover. the timer ticked down... 6 7 5 4 3 2 1 0. nothing happened and then it fell apart on the ground. I examined the hardware and saw a broken red wire which must've been damaged when I dropped it. I inspected some other components and saw a flashing light and an antenna on one of them. I heard a distant rumble in the sky, steadily growing louder. I looked up. several orbital missiles were barely visible but getting closer every second. for the second time in a minute I ran for cover. I jumped behind a boulder, using the piece of heat shield I had cut out of my capsule as a shield. the heat blasted into me and the shockwave rippled through me hurling me through the sky I saw as my capsule and everything near it was ripped to shreds including the ground. I hit the ground and everything was pain then black.

When I came to my senses, there was a large crater in front of me, the nearby  forest was on fire, and the small river I had discovered earlier had been destroyed. I quickly limped away from the scene  with my injured leg and guessed that the orbital missiles were again, sent by the mysterious KFATA, and the device inside of the satellite was a trap, probably for me although I don’t know why. As the crater receded from my sight and there was no sign of civilization close, I wondered how I was going to survive in the wilderness now, without any food or shelter.

Edited by Austin_Kerman

• 2 weeks later...

"All callsigns, this is Green Cross Recovery Vessel Vagrant. We are on route to a crash, please check targets. Green Cross is a civilian rescue operation, we mean you no harm."

The message played over standard radio frequencies, repeating every few minutes. The grizzled Kerbal riding in an external seat aboard a simple passenger rover had tuned it out a while ago, the radio active only to listen for replies. 

"Their radio's probably shot to Moho," he grumbled to the wind, not for the first time. The only sounds around were still just the breeze flapping at the simple flag flying beside him, a green cross on white.

It had been a few days since he set off from his home rover in this little run-about, roughly headed to the smoldering column he'd spied a ways off. He ducked instinctively as another blast sounded off, prompting him to pull a megaphone out to bellow, "Oi, stop shooting each other on my property, 's bad manners ya know!" as he crested the hill.

I looked over to where the sound came from in surprise. I didn't recognise the language but they sounded angry, I grabbed a rock and prepared myself in case of a fight. a vehicle came hurtling over the crater ridge and a kerbal fell out of it onto the ground. I ran over cautiously and helped him up. he said his name was...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.