Looking for a new challenge for a giant life support spaceship

I like big, complex ships and long, convoluted missions. As soon as I mastered the stock game, I installed kerbalism, so that all the trappings of life support would give me a good reason to make ships bigger and more complex.

Then I made a grand tour, with some facilitations. Then I asked myself,  what next?

Then I made another grand tour, at hard mode, without facilitations. Then I asked myself, what next?

Then I installed OPM, and I made another grand tour. It lasted six months in real life. Just refueling the ship took decades every time. Then I took a hiatus, because I needed a pause from large ships at that time.

But now I need another challenge, and I want another large system to take with a large ship.

Except after last time I don't know what more I can do, so I'm here looking for advice. Thanks

Possible things I considered:

- RSS+RO grand tour. Problems; I don't know if it's actually doable with a reusable ship, given the deltaV requirements. and there's all the mess with cryogenic fuel boiloff. I also don't know about mod compatibility. finally, the last time the game lagged badly enough, i fear this could be a lot worse

- planet pack grand tour. for this i'd like a nice planet pack, with variety. must be compatible with kerbalism and its resource allocation.

- OPM grand tour hard mode. skipping the inner moons of Sarnus because of the radiation levels. Problem: I've done it already, this would be the same with more stuff breaking up.

- others. Open to suggestion

- quitting ksp because I can't find anything else to do. But I can't think of anything else I want to play

1 hour ago, king of nowhere said:

- planet pack grand tour. for this i'd like a nice planet pack, with variety. must be compatible with kerbalism and its resource allocation.

You should try Beyond Home, plenty of variety and full Kerbalism support.

Well, you just completed an Elcano on Slate.  Suggestion, try doing one on Laythe.

Lots of difficulties.  Designing a ship that will do the job.  Getting it to Laythe.  Getting it to the surface.  You took an enormous rover to Slate, so these are minor obstacles for you, but might be interesting.

Also, I think you use Kerbalism?  I’m not even sure what that is, but if it involves life support perhaps there would be a little less drama on Laythe, since it has a breathable atmosphere..

10 hours ago, 18Watt said:

Well, you just completed an Elcano on Slate.  Suggestion, try doing one on Laythe.

Lots of difficulties.  Designing a ship that will do the job.  Getting it to Laythe.  Getting it to the surface.  You took an enormous rover to Slate, so these are minor obstacles for you, but might be interesting.

Also, I think you use Kerbalism?  I’m not even sure what that is, but if it involves life support perhaps there would be a little less drama on Laythe, since it has a breathable atmosphere..

done an elcano in laythe already, in a rover/seaplane (going slow enough to avoid takeoff). i am starting one on OPM Wal, it's a cool place. However, I am happy to drive only for a while. I want another grand tour.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.