[1.12x] RSMP (formally SWE)

Adiri

10 hours ago, JebTheDestroyer said:

I think the problem was that I was unknowingly using Waterfall Stock, and Waterfall Restock at the same time.

Isn’t waterfall restock a dependency of SRB waterfall effects?

11 hours ago, JebTheDestroyer said:

I think the problem was that I was unknowingly using Waterfall Stock, and Waterfall Restock at the same time.

They are compatible and work together, that should not be the issue

On 3/9/2022 at 7:55 AM, Adiri said:

Requires RealPlume, RealPlume Stock*, Module Manager, Waterfall, Smokescreen, TUFX (I don't know why it just is)

Is it possible to make the mod depends only on Waterfall, like the name hints ? Even with the cost of less realistic plume/smoke for the SRB ?

On 3/9/2022 at 7:55 AM, Adiri said:

"RealPlume stock" only required if Restock is not installed

CKAN has support of this one

depends:
  - name: VirtualIdentifier1
    choice_help_text: Choose the HR option for high resolution
  - any_of:
    - name: ModA
    - name: ModB
    choice_help_text: Pick ModA if you prefer polka dots, ModB otherwise

Also  TUFX dependency is missed on CKAN

18 hours ago, flart said:

Is it possible to make the mod depends only on Waterfall, like the name hints ? Even with the cost of less realistic plume/smoke for the SRB ?

No, the only way to get the smoke is using Realplume, therefore it will remain a dependency and we will not be adding a version of the mod without Realplume support.

18 hours ago, flart said:

Also  TUFX dependency is missed on CKAN

Known issue, working on a fix

On 7/27/2022 at 9:09 AM, squeaker0704 said:

ok so redirect bosters dont work from what i can tell everything else works 

reDirect boosters do not have support. Use PhotonCorp instead

Greetings! I'm curious why SRBWE requires TUFX and RealPlume?

For TUFX dependence I read your "I don't know why it just is" comment in the OP and I'm curious—is it a technical issue that SRBWE does not function correctly without TUFX, or is it preference that you simply want all SRBWE users to also use TUFX?  It's a gorgeous mod I'll admit, but it has no option to disable the toolbar icon, and ignores Adjustable Mod Panel, so I've been avoiding it in the meantime to keep my toolbar clean.

As for RealPlume, I very much avoid installing separate mods that add the same thing to the game as it causes them both to run in parallel, often adding duplicate overlapping effects, creating extra lag, complexity, and more chances for Nullref errors. If at all possible I'd like to avoid running both Waterfall and RealPlume for these reasons :/

EDIT: Mod appears to run fine w/out TUFX:
6ip64tb.jpg

And you can indeed see that both the default Stock/RealPlume plume, and the Waterfall plume is being drawn on the booster at the same time (laggy):
44UZVUx.pngoRImXqW.png
Image on the right is with the camera clipped through the waterfall FX so you can see the volumetric RealPlume effect being drawn too

If it helps, I could update your NetKAN file? Maybe move these both from depends: to recommends:, that way they aren't strictly required to install, but are enabled by default—that way users that don't want to use them can choose to not.

Edited by HafCoJoe

4 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Having issues

sVTvQfS.png

CKHGV0x.png

f1Tl3Aj.png

Can you describe your issues? I'm having trouble parsing what's wrong from your images. It looks like the plumes are working fine? You're firing SRB stage separators while on the pad, no?

Edited by HafCoJoe

2 hours ago, HafCoJoe said:

Can you describe your issues? I'm having trouble parsing what's wrong from your images. It looks like the plumes are working fine? You're firing SRB stage separators while on the pad, no?

Look at the staging stack (in the images where it's visible).  The engines are not activated, but the plumes are.

In my brief investigations with SRBWE there are burnout effects that are linked to a controller that doesn't exist on the modules, so it's always active.

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

Look at the staging stack (in the images where it's visible).  The engines are not activated, but the plumes are.

In my brief investigations with SRBWE there are burnout effects that are linked to a controller that doesn't exist on the modules, so it's always active.

The burnout effects were an experimental test @lemon cupwas doing with the original configs, but they do not work properly and have not been removed yet.

13 hours ago, HafCoJoe said:

is it a technical issue that SRBWE does not function correctly without TUFX

Yes when @Kochiwas developing the 2.0 update some boosters had issues with it, so we have set it as mandatory, even though some boosters work fine without it.

As for RealPlume, I very much avoid installing separate mods that add the same thing to the game as it causes them both to run in parallel, often adding duplicate overlapping effects, creating extra lag, complexity, and more chances for Nullref errors. If at all possible I'd like to avoid running both Waterfall and RealPlume for these reasons :/

Realplume is used for the smoke and "bumpy" plume effect, therefore it is needed because otherwise the plumes will look smooth, and not have any smoke (which is what i was trying to avoid when developing this mod.

12 hours ago, Rodger said:

If realplume is just for the smoke, could you use a stock smoke effect? maybe as a NEEDS:[!RealPlume] patch?

As described above Realplume is also needed for the bumpy effects, as well as the Realplume smoke looking nicer in my opinion.

If it helps, I could update your NetKAN file? Maybe move these both from depends: to recommends:, that way they aren't strictly required to install, but are enabled by default—that way users that don't want to use them can choose to not.

Thanks but no thanks, as I have said before while they are not strictly needed to run SRBWE, they are pretty essential in making it look the way I intended.

4 hours ago, HafCoJoe said:

I'm not firing the stage seps or the main Solid Rocket Booster (on the last pic) and getting the plumes. This happens even when the solids are expended and have no fuel left

14 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

I'm not firing the stage seps or the main Solid Rocket Booster (on the last pic) and getting the plumes. This happens even when the solids are expended and have no fuel left

Oh strange :/

25 minutes ago, Adiri said:

Yes when @Kochiwas developing the 2.0 update some boosters had issues with it, so we have set it as mandatory, even though some boosters work fine without it.

Realplume is used for the smoke and "bumpy" plume effect, therefore it is needed because otherwise the plumes will look smooth, and not have any smoke (which is what i was trying to avoid when developing this mod.

Thanks but no thanks, as I have said before while they are not strictly needed to run SRBWE, they are pretty essential in making it look the way I intended.

Okay :(

4 hours ago, Cdodders said:

i have narrowed this down to Real plume not working or not being installed correctly im gonna try to minimize Dependencies on 2.2 that is coming SoonTM

3 hours ago, HafCoJoe said:

Oh strange :/

Okay :(

Sorry, but it does sound like Kochi is going to be reworking SRBWE again for the new waterfall update so something might happen then

Oh, interesting! I might revisit and peek a bit after it drops

Another note too; if you can make SRBWE run without TUFX and make RealPlume only recommended for better smoke instead of required, I'll probably include it in the suggested mods for Spectra

Edited by HafCoJoe

10 minutes ago, HafCoJoe said:

Oh, interesting! I might revisit and peek a bit after it drops

Another note too; if you can make SRBWE run without TUFX and make RealPlume only recommended for better smoke instead of required, I'll probably include it in the suggested mods for Spectra

I'm not sure really how it could be made to run without TUFX, as it seems to work fine without it unless you run it on parts from like BDB, and Realplume is not used just for the smoke so it's very unlikely it will ever be a non dependency. But you can always ask Kochi and see what they have to say.

Update 2.2

Added a start up sound as well as re added the original sound.

Renamed back to SWE, as SRBWE does not sound as good

Download (Spacedock)

I am also considering moving SWE over to Github, or having downloads on both Spacedock and Github, as Github allows me to have beta's (What are your thoughts on this?)

Another thing I have found out is that we can likely remove all Realplume effects but the smoke, which should help increase performance!

NOTE: RSE will over ride SWE's sounds, although the rest of SWE (plumes) will work fine.

2 hours ago, Adiri said:

Renamed back to SWE, as SRBWE does not sound as good

This is really frustrating.  Stock Waterfall Effects has the same acronym (and existed first) and SRBWE helped distinguish between them.

27 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

This is really frustrating.  Stock Waterfall Effects has the same acronym (and existed first) and SRBWE helped distinguish between them.

Sorry, you can call it whatever you liked. Stock Waterfall Effects doesn't use SWE as an acronym anyways