[1.12x] RSMP (formally SWE)

Adiri

1 minute ago, Adiri said:

Sorry, you can call it whatever you liked. Stock Waterfall Effects doesn't use SWE as an acronym anyways

Communication takes two people. If I say “SWE,” the other person does not know if I’m referring to SRB Waterfall Effects or Stock Waterfall Effects. This has happened multiple times to me.

Just now, JonnyOThan said:

Communication takes two people. If I say “SWE,” the other person does not know if I’m referring to SRB Waterfall Effects or Stock Waterfall Effects. This has happened multiple times to me.

Sorry, I just preferred how SWE sounded, you can still call it SRBWE if you want, it won't change anything

2 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

This is really frustrating.  Stock Waterfall Effects has the same acronym (and existed first) and SRBWE helped distinguish between them.

If by any case you have restock and then waterfall config for restock , stock waterfall effects  is no longer needed .
And plus it can cause strange blue artifact coming out of the srb plume .
I had to remove it to make SWE ( srb effect ) plumes appear properly .

Edit : it might sound obvious at first but a previous post was mentioning that -stock waterfall effects , -WaterfallRestock and -SWE should work together so i thought it was worth to point this bug out . Also it can be usefull for other users of  SWE .

Edited by ProCrast

5 minutes ago, ProCrast said:

If by any case you have restock and then waterfall config for restock , stock waterfall effects  is no longer needed .
And plus it can cause strange blue artifact coming out of the srb plume .
I had to remove it to make SWE ( srb effect ) plumes appear properly .

I don't know why SWE causes this issue with, we will get to it. And Stock Waterfall Effects is not a dependency

9 minutes ago, Adiri said:

I don't know why SWE causes this issue with, we will get to it. And Stock Waterfall Effects is not a dependency

I had RestockWaterfall, StockWaterfallEffects ,RealPlume ,StockRealplume and your mod instaled so this bug is not necessarily coming from SWE .
Yes its messy ...
Maybe Waterfall can only over-ride one mod at time  ?

2 minutes ago, ProCrast said:

I had RestockWaterfall, StockWaterfallEffects ,RealPlume ,StockRealplume and your mod instaled so this bug is not necessarily coming from SWE .
Yes its messy ...

It might be able to, but I am not sure why it would cause a blue cylinder

53 minutes ago, ProCrast said:

Yes its messy ...

Do you have 0.8X waterfall version

5 hours ago, Kochi said:

Do you have 0.8X waterfall version

Yes , everything is working smoothly now , just wanted to share that to the community .
I even tried to recreate this bug  to post a screen here with the ksp log, but SWE works fine .
I should have taken the screen directly mb .

Configs for Benjee’s remastered Orion are in the works, should be up on GitHub tomorrow. Going to be going through all the configs and making sure they work with the new waterfall version. I also seem to have tracked down the issue with TUFX, so I may be able to remove it as a dependency soon. 

Another thing I am wondering, should I add configs for reDirect now, or should I just put my full energy towards what was mentioned above, and do reDirect later?

ONE MORE THING, 
I am gonna finally get to the rest of the mods mentioned on the list soon™️, and then I may work on something else. SWE is approaching finished state, and once KSP2 releases I will for sure stop working on it unless something major happens. (Maybe SWE for KSP2?) Either way thanks for all of your support on this.

SRBWE hasn't been updated for Waterfall's latest release yet. That's where the always-on effects comes from. Give it a couple of days, I'm sure Adiri Kochi will hammer out an update in no time at all. 

Edited by Doc Shaftoe
My bad

5 hours ago, ThE_aMaZInG_pOTatO said:

Why are booster's plumes on when they haven't been staged?

xIVsL6z.jpg

It's an issue with the new waterfall, something to do with the burnout effect. Kochi said they would get to them sooner or later. 

8 hours ago, Somecallmesteve said:

I have noticed that issue as well. I even recorded it on my OBS to see if no one brought this up, but sadly I am unable to post mp4 files on the forum.

Was this on the latest waterfall version? If so we’re you using thefix from GitHub?

On 8/4/2022 at 6:25 AM, Adiri said:

Configs for Benjee’s remastered Orion are in the works, should be up on GitHub tomorrow.

How are you already working on configs for something that isn't released yet? Unless there's a completely new forum and github page to make it separate from reDIRECT, which wouldn't make the most sense.

16 hours ago, Socowez said:

How are you already working on configs for something that isn't released yet? Unless there's a completely new forum and github page to make it separate from reDIRECT, which wouldn't make the most sense.

It's in beta, Serpatron#0939 on discord sent me the configs, many thanks to them. I have been busy and haven't had time to test them. I might be able to get to it today

2 hours ago, Socowez said:

Visual thrust curves :D

somewhat related, how do you not have the huge smoke particles coming out of the booster?

I was just using the throttle control in the waterfall configuration panel