[1.12x] RSMP (formally SWE)

Adiri

• 1 month later...

Found a minor bug, the bracket for SLS sepmotor in ACK is missing which makes the waterfall FX overlap with stock FX

!fx_exhaustFlame_yellow_tiny

I also get a lot modulemanager warnings after SWE is installed. Looks like every SWE configs generates a warning message if the corresponding mod is not installed.

Edited by zw_45

On 10/13/2022 at 1:45 AM, zw_45 said:

Found a minor bug, the bracket for SLS sepmotor in ACK is missing which makes the waterfall FX overlap with stock FX

!fx_exhaustFlame_yellow_tiny

I also get a lot modulemanager warnings after SWE is installed. Looks like every SWE configs generates a warning message if the corresponding mod is not installed.

Gonna fix that right away on the git 
also could i see your log so i know what exactly is causing those errors ?

14 hours ago, Merlin1809 said:

its due to the flip flop in development i already asked Adiri to delete the old one since im the one who will maintain the mod for now on 

On 10/14/2022 at 6:50 PM, Kochi said:

Gonna fix that right away on the git 
also could i see your log so i know what exactly is causing those errors ?

its due to the flip flop in development i already asked Adiri to delete the old one since im the one who will maintain the mod for now on 

The warning disappeared after I delete the partdatabase, should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 6:55 AM, Adiri said:

DEPENDENCIES (The mod will NOT work without these):

Requires RealPlume, RealPlume Stock*, Module Manager, Waterfall 0.8x, Smokescreen, TUFX (I don't know why it just is)

Uhhhh... eeehm...

Is there a little smaller version of this mod, that does not require such a large amount of dependencies? I already am on the limit of my good ol' gaming rig. I already use waterfall and love it.... but... if Iwant to get those effects i need to get RealPlume, Realplume stock and TUFX on top?! Are there some lightweight configs, that only use waterfall, which i already have, even if it has some drawbacks in the bunch of effects?! Or only one more dependency? The thing is, I hesitate to load even more in my already overloaded modded KSP-install... 

Edited by Rakete

On 10/31/2022 at 12:13 AM, Rakete said:

Uhhhh... eeehm...

Is there a little smaller version of this mod, that does not require such a large amount of dependencies? I already am on the limit of my good ol' gaming rig. I already use waterfall and love it.... but... if Iwant to get those effects i need to get RealPlume, Realplume stock and TUFX on top?! Are there some lightweight configs, that only use waterfall, which i already have, even if it has some drawbacks in the bunch of effects?! Or only one more dependency? The thing is, I hesitate to load even more in my already overloaded modded KSP-install... 

Waterfall is used for the main plume, Realplume adds the smoke and some extra effects, TUFX prevents glitches and smokescreen is a dependency of realplume. If you would like to make lightweight configs go ahead, however I have already stated that I am no longer working on this mod.

On 10/16/2022 at 3:59 PM, thatonedolphin said:

eaq89t4_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand7uYbR7x_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand The plumes also randomly turned black today 

TUFX hdr fixes this

On 3/9/2022 at 6:55 AM, Adiri said:

DEPENDENCIES (The mod will NOT work without these):

Requires RealPlume, RealPlume Stock*, Module Manager, Waterfall 0.8x, Smokescreen, TUFX (I don't know why it just is)

*RealPlume stock only required if Restock is not installed

I cannot tell CKAN to NOT install RealPlume Stock without removing RealPlume and SWE. This means it's another sidecase with manual installation.

6 hours ago, Adiri said:

Waterfall is used for the main plume, Realplume adds the smoke and some extra effects, TUFX prevents glitches and smokescreen is a dependency of realplume. If you would like to make lightweight configs go ahead, however I have already stated that I am no longer working on this mod.

TUFX hdr fixes this

Got it, that you don't continue. But to how ever continues: Tufx and the other stuff is too much an overhead for my old gaming rig just to get waterfall plumes on the SRBs. Tested it... To get all this, i would have to drop other graphics stuff, that is even more important to me. like scatterer or spectra. And these are must-haves for me.

Would love to see a stripped down version only using waterfall. E.g. the cryoengines mod from nertea also has plumes that use waterfall and leave a smoketrail, without any further dependency needs. I know, it surely would brings downsides to the visuals to have a basic version of this mod, but for the old-pc-owners it would be something good. 

On 11/1/2022 at 8:28 AM, Rakete said:

Got it, that you don't continue. But to how ever continues: Tufx and the other stuff is too much an overhead for my old gaming rig just to get waterfall plumes on the SRBs. Tested it... To get all this, i would have to drop other graphics stuff, that is even more important to me. like scatterer or spectra. And these are must-haves for me.

In that case just don’t use SWE

On 11/1/2022 at 8:28 AM, Rakete said:

Would love to see a stripped down version only using waterfall. E.g. the cryoengines mod from nertea also has plumes that use waterfall and leave a smoketrail, without any further dependency needs. I know, it surely would brings downsides to the visuals to have a basic version of this mod, but for the old-pc-owners it would be something good. 

The smoke from those engines is the stock smoke. Like I said if you want a light version of SWE, go ahead and make it.

2 hours ago, Adiri said:

Like I said if you want a light version of SWE, go ahead and make it.

It was just a polite question from a not-native-english-speaker... no reason to be annoyed. 

And no, won't make one, since I don't know how to and am no mod-creator and no expert on these topics. But i really love the great work of all the modders.

On 11/4/2022 at 10:11 PM, xD-FireStriker said:

With update 2.4 MM throws about 115 warnings 

On 11/5/2022 at 2:09 AM, Grem said:

same

Its nothing important its just module manager screaming about more then one pass specifier that i put to ensure no other plume configs get activated with it  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 2:08 PM, Kochi said:

Its nothing important its just module manager screaming about more then one pass specifier that i put to ensure no other plume configs get activated with it  

MM ignores everything besides the first pass specifier when there are multiple.

The :FINAL pass specifier does nothing except kick up warnings.

[WRN 17:54:58.189] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: SWE/Configs/Bluedog_Design_Bureau/GEM40-Inline/gem40_inline/@PART[bluedog_Delta_GEM40_Inline]:FOR[SWE]:NEEDS[RealPlume,SmokeScreen,Bluedog_DB]:FINAL

It even states that in the log file.

Edited by SilverState

I have a question/problem. Whenever I use any srb, the waterfall effects are present but there are pink cylinders coming out of the engines. They move along with the engine when I turn as well. They also disappear when the engines are cut. I'm not sure if this has been answered yet. Another note is that I am using Restock and Restock waterfall effects. Is there any way to fix this?  

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/rdnwEal"  ><a href="//imgur.com/a/rdnwEal">Pink Engine</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://imgur.com/a/rdnwEal