[1.12x] RSMP (formally SWE)

Adiri

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 12:25 AM, Adiri said:

I cant see anything wrong with it, which version of KSP are you running? Also could you try reinstalling all the dependencies? That may fix it 

hi, I thought I'd make a quick post regarding this issue, as I'm experiencing it as well and can't seem to solve it after repeating the steps you had mentioned to the previous user.

Here's a screenshot of the issue itself, and my gamedata folder. https://imgur.com/a/coDILzi
The only other possible solution I may consider is to reinstall waterfall itself but other plumes on non-srb's work fine, so I doubt that's the issue.

On 1/18/2023 at 1:59 PM, Savius said:

hi, I thought I'd make a quick post regarding this issue, as I'm experiencing it as well and can't seem to solve it after repeating the steps you had mentioned to the previous user.

Here's a screenshot of the issue itself, and my gamedata folder. https://imgur.com/a/coDILzi
The only other possible solution I may consider is to reinstall waterfall itself but other plumes on non-srb's work fine, so I doubt that's the issue.

I have had this problem and have felt that pain. What worked for me, sadly, was a full re-install of all mods. Just write down what mods you have and re-install them. This problem is most likely caused by broken mods or outdated ones so that's my best response. You can find my problem that I posted if you scroll up a few pages. Hope it works.

Edited by CytauriKerbal
Made it less depressing. haha

5 hours ago, CytauriKerbal said:

I have had this problem and have felt that pain. What worked for me, sadly, was a full re-install of all mods. Just write down what mods you have and re-install them. This problem is most likely caused by broken mods or outdated ones so that's my best response. You can find my problem that I posted if you scroll up a few pages. Hope it works.

Actually I forgot to post an update.

After checking various visual mods versioning files I had stumbled upon a rather sneaky blunder. 

One of the waterfall configs I was running (Specifically, Waterfall Restock) comes bundled with a version of waterfall itself. After checking the version available and the version in my game directory I was astounded to see that the version the other mod came with is an older version.

So I reinstalled Waterfall itself back to it's most latest version (sounds silly now that it's been done, heh :sticktongue:) and now the issues are completely resolved.

(Side-note, the mechjeb issue I mentioned was due to Kronometer which I'd forgotten was installed.)

11 hours ago, Savius said:

Actually I forgot to post an update.

After checking various visual mods versioning files I had stumbled upon a rather sneaky blunder. 

One of the waterfall configs I was running (Specifically, Waterfall Restock) comes bundled with a version of waterfall itself. After checking the version available and the version in my game directory I was astounded to see that the version the other mod came with is an older version.

So I reinstalled Waterfall itself back to it's most latest version (sounds silly now that it's been done, heh :sticktongue:) and now the issues are completely resolved.

(Side-note, the mechjeb issue I mentioned was due to Kronometer which I'd forgotten was installed.)

Glad ya fixed it! Lucky...:)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Adiri said:

image.png

Nice! It's nice to see people still using KSP 1 and not leaving it behind. I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT FOR KSP 2, but I will still always play KSP 1 and never leave it forever.  Maybe for a little while though...

Great job on the plumes also. They look great!

On 1/31/2023 at 9:53 AM, squeaker0704 said:

im getting this and real plume at the same time on solids boosters 

That is intentional, will be fixed when (if) i finish swe2

also, do any of you have any good names other than "swe2"? it sounds confusing since there was already a 2.0 update.

23 hours ago, Adiri said:

I'm gonna be setting up a github page eventually (anotha one) for ISRE (Improved Solid Rocket Effects) basically the new swe, so that ya'll can download it and not have to wait forever. 

Update: SWE (or ISRE im not even sure) is finished 100% for KSP1. Encountered too many issues trying to get the new stuff working so I have just given up on finishing the update. If KSP2 has really bad look effects maybe I'll consider making this again for that game, probably not. Was a fun ride, hope you all enjoyed it.

11 minutes ago, Adiri said:

Update: SWE (or ISRE im not even sure) is finished 100% for KSP1. Encountered too many issues trying to get the new stuff working so I have just given up on finishing the update. If KSP2 has really bad look effects maybe I'll consider making this again for that game, probably not. Was a fun ride, hope you all enjoyed it.

Thanks for your commitment. This mod was awesome! :cool:

On 2/11/2023 at 4:44 AM, dave1904 said:

The PhotonCorp realplume patch has a typo or whatever in it. There is no sound because the soundclip doenst exist. I changed SWE/Sounds/srb-loop-2 to SWE/Sounds/srb-loop-3 and it works. 

ok I’ll fix it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Screenshot_6298.png
Why do my plumes look like this, when I see other people posting pics when their plumes look like this
2AC89F34-FBA7-4674-B104-1B1FA58E8EC4.png

Seems like realplume is the culprit here. I dont want the realplume effects. The weird thing is, Ive spoken to multiple people, and theyve said that they have realplumes installed, but they dont get this effect on their SRB's. 

Ive been reading this forum post from top to bottom, but havent seen a fix to my issue

On 3/24/2023 at 11:31 PM, Smallant55 said:

Screenshot_6298.png
Why do my plumes look like this, when I see other people posting pics when their plumes look like this
2AC89F34-FBA7-4674-B104-1B1FA58E8EC4.png

Seems like realplume is the culprit here. I dont want the realplume effects. The weird thing is, Ive spoken to multiple people, and theyve said that they have realplumes installed, but they dont get this effect on their SRB's. 

Ive been reading this forum post from top to bottom, but havent seen a fix to my issue

It's realplume, I never found a good way to remove it, sorry.

51 minutes ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

Maybe given enough time Blackrack will find a way to make true volumetric plumes just like his clouds. 

I still can't get over how good the sep-motor plumes look man. Job well done, seriously!

iirc blackrack said it would be too much work to do plumes, also the sep motors aren't mine they are @lemon cup's. All I did was add them to the sep motors.

11 hours ago, Adiri said:

iirc blackrack said it would be too much work to do plumes

Well that's a shame. Thanks for the correction! I'll be sure to let lemon cup know. Either way, this mod has been on my "permanent install" list since it released. So thank you for all of the work that you, lemon cup, and kochi have done!

54 minutes ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

Well that's a shame. Thanks for the correction! I'll be sure to let lemon cup know. Either way, this mod has been on my "permanent install" list since it released. So thank you for all of the work that you, lemon cup, and kochi have done!

Thanks.

(and don’t worry I got lemon cups permission to use them)

@UCTechand I have been experimenting on a loophole in SRBWaterfall Effects. If you delete Realplume - Stock, it gets rid of the realplume effects. 

However, I have noticed that I get some really bad artifacts/visual bugs when doing this

Screenshot_8564.png

This effect goes away at higher altitudes however, which appears to be where everyone is taking their screenshots anyways

Screenshot_8565.png?width=1199&height=67
Screenshot_8569.png

After a high enough altitude, the weird effects go away, and you can take better SRB screenshots
This is a weird workaround, and will only yield good visual effects if your sole purpose is to take screenshots. Let me know if anyone else has a better fix rn