[1.12x] RSMP (formally SWE)

Adiri

8 hours ago, dababykerman said:

Looks great! I understand you said it would take a couple days, it's been 5. any ideas on when it's going to be released?

I’ve been working on them slowly, I have all of the Delta, Atlas and Saturn SRB’s done atm, I’m currently working on the srbs for titan then I’ll release a mostly complete version before finishing it completely 

3 hours ago, Adiri said:

I’ve been working on them slowly, I have all of the Delta, Atlas and Saturn SRB’s done atm, I’m currently working on the srbs for titan then I’ll release a mostly complete version before finishing it completely 

Awsome! Do you think there'll be effects for Abort Motors or do those count as seperation motors?

6 minutes ago, dababykerman said:

Awsome! Do you think there'll be effects for Abort Motors or do those count as seperation motors?

I probably won’t do escape towers or separation motors/retrorockets (maybe in the future)

23 hours ago, Adiri said:

UPDATE 1.3 | The (Partial) BDB Support Update
https://spacedock.info/mod/2992/SRB Waterfall Effects (SWE)#changelog

----------------------------------------------------

Fixed Issues with stock SRB's as well

Will this eventually or already include support for new motors included in the BDB dev branch?

32 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Will this eventually or already include support for new motors included in the BDB dev branch?

No, It's made using the (as of now, March 19'th, 2022) latest BDB version on ckan

I do plan on updating the configs though, so yes I wil update the stuff on the dev branch once it releases

Edited by Adiri

3 hours ago, Random-E said:

hey @Adiri! would you be up to doing a patch for Taerobee?

Yeah sure I’ll add it to the list of stuff to be done

Hopefully next update with the rest of BDB will be done soon, been getting slammed with school and such so I haven’t had much time to work on the mod

Just now, Adiri said:

Yeah sure I’ll add it to the list of stuff to be done

Hopefully next update with the rest of BDB will be done soon, been getting slammed with school and such so I haven’t had much time to work on the mod

well take your time :)

we're more than fine waiting a little while, especially when it means that our content creators and developers don't have to leave the community due to too much stress!

2 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

I won't talk for anyone, but it works for me when only having RealPlume and SmokeScreen folders without RealPlumeStock folder. Judging by the structure of patches, it should work like that.

Are you using the stock, non restock SRBs?

I use the Waterfall Stock and this SRB Waterfall has not seen any conflicts, all waterfalls work.

This is very complementary to the gaming experience, thanks again for your work!

Edited by Grem

15 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

I use SRBs from Restock, RestockPlus and PhotonCorp, all seem to look good, seeing proper Waterfall fire and proper smokescreen smoke.

Yeah you need realplume stock for the stock srbs to work I’m pretty sure, but I’ll check it out and make sure

Hmm.. am I missing something? This set of configs seems to play the full RealPlume FX animations for the SRBs along with the Waterfall FX. Seems intended, I know. Except...  the very nice looking Waterfall flame effects get almost entirely lost in the RealPlume exhaust effects. I understand wanting the smoke from RealPlume, as it looks great for SRBs, but are the flames still supposed to be there?

In other words, unless there's something else I'm missing, I'm not getting just "Waterfall fire and proper smokescreen smoke." I'm getting Waterfall fire AND RealPlume fire plus Smokescreen smoke. Did I miss a config setting?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 6:22 PM, jfjohnny5 said:

Hmm.. am I missing something? This set of configs seems to play the full RealPlume FX animations for the SRBs along with the Waterfall FX. Seems intended, I know. Except...  the very nice looking Waterfall flame effects get almost entirely lost in the RealPlume exhaust effects. I understand wanting the smoke from RealPlume, as it looks great for SRBs, but are the flames still supposed to be there?

In other words, unless there's something else I'm missing, I'm not getting just "Waterfall fire and proper smokescreen smoke." I'm getting Waterfall fire AND RealPlume fire plus Smokescreen smoke. Did I miss a config setting?

Yes the intent here is to merge waterfall and realplume, as irl waterfall plumes are not perfectly smooth. (Sorry for the late reply) 

EDIT: and in the future I may add an option/patch that disables all the realplume effects except for smoke, for people who would like the smooth waterfall look instead of the more realistic look it currently has

Edited by Adiri

On 3/24/2022 at 3:43 PM, Tommy99534 said:

will there be support for realfuels stock? realplume stock is incompatible with that

You need realplume stock's configs for the stock non restock SRB's to work so sadly no

On 3/25/2022 at 8:50 AM, ballisticfox0 said:

Great mod! Noticed it the sepratron was overlooked :P. Anyways, great work!

I might add it as an optional feauture, similar to the realplume patch mentioned above. Sepratrons are so small its basically not needed anyways