Aerobrake. Not aerobreak.

Commander Zoom

Worry not about this sort of thing. You'll find a fair few don't have English as a native language, and have trouble with this. The others are just careless. It's annoying, but chances are most won't read this thread. If you see it, just a gentle correction is all that's needed, really.

Screw all that. I'm strapping some muffin batter to the side of my command pod so my Kerbals can enjoy some delicious muffins upon their successful return to Kerbin for a job well done (and surviving, which is about 90% of the battle).

The difference between aerobraking and aerobreaking is a couple thousand meters on your periapsis altitude. ;)

Cheers

Bahahahahha! That was awesome. Picking myself off the floor after that. Lol!

I'm convinced that the Internet will lead to changing the official word for 'brake' to 'break', and also that we'll be writing 'there' when we really mean 'their' or 'they're'.

I guess most people never could write, it's just that now everyone can get online, so we can actually see the sorry result!

I'm convinced that the Internet will lead to changing the official word for 'brake' to 'break', and also that we'll be writing 'there' when we really mean 'their' or 'they're'.

I guess most people never could write, it's just that now everyone can get online, so we can actually see the sorry result!

It kinda reminds me of this: http://www.etni.org.il/farside/euroenglish.htm

'Litho' means rock/stone. Although it was a coined phrase made up to compliment aerobraking when referring to something using the ground to stop, it is widely regarded as the correct terminology for such a maneuvre.

If you were 'terrabraking', that means you are using the Earth to stop you.

'Litho' means rock/stone. Although it was a coined phrase made up to compliment aerobraking when referring to something using the ground to stop, it is widely regarded as the correct terminology for such a maneuvre.

If you were 'terrabraking', that means you are using the Earth to stop you.

Sounds about right.

(wish I could put pictures inline...)

Edited by NIN3
wish I could attach pictures at all...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.