[112.4] Adjustable Mod Panel (KAMP) v1.5.99.1-prerelease `<Thank you Morse>` edition [12 Jan 2023]

zer0Kerbal

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not going to happen. 

I assumed as much; no worries, @linuxgurugamer.  I know it'd be a lot of work but of benefit to probably a limited number of users like myself.  But it never hurts to ask.

15 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

How will non-CKAN users be alerted to this? Neither mod's thread OP says anything about a conflict.

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Cabin Notes

Wonderful!  Always good to have these little things documented.  Thank you @zer0Kerbal for responding so quickly.

As for TUFX itself:

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

There is a config.xml ..[snip].. to manually remove an entry.

Excellent!  I'll give it a try.  Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

CKAN is updated and shows a conflict with JC if you try to install it.

Can someone help my undertanting, since JC is showing/hiding... parts... and KAMP is playing around Mods icons, how these 2 are doing the same thing ?

I was going to try it, but unfortunately, JC is more useful to me than KAMP, even though I would love to see my right hand tool bar better managed (ordering, would be the least)...

3 minutes ago, Demcrew said:

CKAN is updated and shows a conflict with JC if you try to install it.

Can someone help my undertanting, since JC is showing/hiding... parts... and KAMP is playing around Mods icons, how these 2 are doing the same thing ?

I was going to try it, but unfortunately, JC is more useful to me than KAMP, even though I would love to see my right hand tool bar better managed (ordering, would be the least)...

TJC has some features for handling toolbar buttons. Those features conflict with KAMP if used. If you don't use those features in TJC (and there is a settings option to turn them off) then there is no conflict I've noticed (I use both).

KAMP has very limited ordering of buttons where pinned buttons will appear before unpinned (above on vertical toolbars and to the right on horizontal bars).

2 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

TJC has some features for handling toolbar buttons

I've also personally experienced issues with TJC and button handling. KAMP does one thing, and one thing very well. 

@Aelfhe1mthank you, +1 :rep:

16 minutes ago, Demcrew said:

You can manually install KAMP - has no dependencies other than KSP itself. As @Aelfhe1msays (very well) that you can install and use both, as long as you either don't use or turn off TJC's button handling.

On a side note: KAMP is one of the only ways to hide several annoying buttons that recently started appearing.

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm what the OP says too, it looks like TUFX is particularly suborn and doesn't want to hide.

G4UVytn.png

I'm unsure if this is an issue with Adjustable Mod Panel, or with TUFX. @Shadowmage do you have any ideas why this might be? I checked the TU configs and didn't find any settings related to toolbar options either; perhaps a 'hide toolbar' option could be added?

Edited by HafCoJoe

• 5 months later...

Adjustable Mod Panel (KAMP)
KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Code

Version 1.5.99.1-prerelease - <Thank you Morse> edition

• Released
    • 12 Jan 2023
    • for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.4
    • by zer0Kerbal

For best results - DO A CLEAN INSTALL; DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Summary

Spoiler
  • Compile for 1.12.4
    • .NET 4.7.2
    • C# 7.0
  • <AdjustableModPanel.dll> v1.5.99.17 --> 1.5.99.22

Status 1.5.99.1

• Issues
    • closes #36 - Adjustable Mod Panel (AMP) 1.5.99.1-prerelease <Thank you Morse> edition
    • closes #37 - 1.5.99.1 Additional Tasks
    • updates #32 - [Bug]: TUFX

See More

Spoiler

Localization

• English English <us-en.cfg>
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Patreon Github Sponsor Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

compiled with: KSP 1.12.4 — .NET 4.7.2 — C# 7.0

Release Schedule

Spoiler
  1. GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  2. CurseForge. Right now.
  3. SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Soon™ (the button has been pushed)
Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

First of all, thanks for your mod. It's useful. Unfortunately I missed one important feature: the Stock Button Debloater, removing stock buttons that just get in the way. For example: in VAB/SPH - AlarmClock, KSPedia, Messages. Thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 3:28 AM, RiCZrd said:

First of all, thanks for your mod. It's useful. Unfortunately I missed one important feature: the Stock Button Debloater, removing stock buttons that just get in the way. For example: in VAB/SPH - AlarmClock, KSPedia, Messages. Thanks. 

@RiCZrd thank you! +1 :rep:

Interesting idea, just very limited on available time to work on it.

6 hours ago, cosekantphi said:

Is it normal for the KAMP window to always open up automatically upon returning to the KSC scene?

@cosekantphi thank you! +1 :rep:

answer: no

would you kindly file a bug report by following this link.

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2023 at 10:10 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

answer: no

would you kindly file a bug report by following this link.

I am experiencing the same issue. It basically replaced many annoying buttons with one annoying panel that opens every time I return to KSC which is unfortunate :-) Bug report here.

@zer0Kerbal I think I figured it out. I went to test the previous version as you said, then I noticed that it had a different folder structure from the current version. After moving the folder from GameData\Morse\AdjustableModPanel to GameData\AdjustableModPanel it now works correctly. 

If you update the zip's folder structure, it should fix this problem.

6 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

@zer0Kerbal I think I figured it out. I went to test the previous version as you said, then I noticed that it had a different folder structure from the current version. After moving the folder from GameData\Morse\AdjustableModPanel to GameData\AdjustableModPanel it now works correctly. 

If you update the zip's folder structure, it should fix this problem.

thank you @Grimmas - is what I suspected; just need to either revert changes to the folder structure or update the pointers in the code; better yet make the pointers in the code more flexible and based upon the location of the actual plugin (.dll) which would also allow it to function in the Epic Games version.

@zer0Kerbal Unfortunately I declared victory too soon. The bug still shows up. Not always, but often. Sometimes it goes away but then I launch a vessel and after returning to KSC it's back again.

Also, it seems to pop up when I try to set AdjustableModPanel's own settings to "KSC only". If I enable it for all scenes, it stops showing up all the time.

Edit: After playing with it for a while, it seems that the panel consistently returns only when I try to disable it for all scenes. Otherwise it behaves. This might be an issue unrelated to the previous one with the path location.

Edited by Grimmas

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.