[112.4] Adjustable Mod Panel (KAMP) v1.5.99.1-prerelease `<Thank you Morse>` edition [12 Jan 2023]

zer0Kerbal

Adjustable Mod Panel (KAMP) KSP version License
Curseforge GitHub SpaceDock CKAN
Pages

Code

Adjustable Mod Panel (KAMP)

Pick which add-on buttons to show or hide on the stock toolbar.

This plugin allows you to pick which buttons on the stock toolbar you want to see.
You can show/hide mod stock toolbar buttons on different screens separately.
It requires no additional support from the add-ons themselves, and should work with whichever add-ons it encounters.

By zer0Kerbal and originally by @Morse

Adopted with explicit permission and brought to you by KerbSimpleCo

Adjustable Mod Panel

Preamble by Morse

This mod allows you to pick which buttons on the mod panel you want to see. You can disable mods on different screens(game scenes) separately.

It requires no additional support from the mods themselves, and should work with whichever mods it encounters.

That being said, I should issue an additional warning: Since mods can behave unpredictably, and since this mod meddles with the internals of ApplicationLauncher (i.e. stock mod panel), all kinds of weird stuff might happen when you start forcefully disabling the mod buttons. I tried to fail-safe it as much as possible, but since there are literally more than 9000 mods, I can't prepare for everything. But even in the worst-case scenario, it shouldn't affect gameplay, savefiles, and everything else that matters.

Using this mod is easy:

Install the mod Choose which mod buttons in which screens you want to see (KSC, Editors, Flight, Map View, > and Tracking Station) That's it!

See more

Spoiler

YouTube showcase

Cabin Notes

• The Janitor's Closet can be installed alongside Adjustable Mod Panel (AMP) - only use ONE or the other to manage buttons otherwise the kraken will come to eat the buttons and they might be lost forever! (well, at least until you restart the game). Obviously we would prefer you only using Adjustable Mod Panel (KAMP).
  • TUFX seems particularily resistant to KAMPing. Reports have alleged that it has made a deal with the kraken to grab the TUFX button and refuse to return it.

Help Wanted

Spoiler
  • see issues
  • Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlights and reviews
  • Translations: See the README in the Localization folder for instructions for adding or improving translations. There is also the quickstart guideGitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!
  • Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.

Localization

• English American English <us-en.cfg>
  • your translation here

Installation Directions 1

Spoiler

Use CurseForge/OverWolf App (currently does not install dependencies)

CurseForge/OverWolf App

I take no part, nor am I interested in maintaining the CKAN mod metadata for my mods. CKAN is a great mod for those that can't use zip tools. If you are having issues please let the CKAN people know and refer to the CKAN thread. My support of CKAN extends as far as me checking the checkbox in Spacedock when I upload. Beware, CKAN can really mess up though it tries very, very, very hard not to.

or CKAN

Dependencies

Recommends

Suggests

Tags

plugin, convenience

*red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support*

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

Credits and Special Thanks

Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)

Spoiler

Current (1) - zer0Kerbal

Forum: Thread - Source: GitHub
License: License

Disclaimer(s)

All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
All assets, including but not limited to: animations, models, sounds and textures are distributed under their own licenses

see Notices for more legal Mumbo Jumbo

Original (0) - Author: @Morse

Forum: Thread - Download: GitHub - Source: GitHub License: License

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Spoiler

Completely voluntary, absolutely amazing, and really does help me out a lot!
quote from cybutek @cybutek creator of Kerbal Engineer

Support Github Sponsor Patreon Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

and it is true.

Connect with me

Track progress: issues here and projects here along with The Short List

zer0Kerbal | kerbalspaceprogram.comzer0Kerbal | CurseForgezer0Kerbal | redditzer0Kerbal | Patreonzer0Kerbal | YouTubezer0Kerbal | Twitchzer0Kerbal | PayPalzer0Kerbal | Buy Me a Coffeezer0Kerbal | Twitter

Release Schedule
Spoiler
  1. GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  2. CurseForge. Right now.
  3. SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Soon™ (the button was pressed)
  1. this isn't a mod. ;P↩︎

2. may work on other versions (YMMV)↩︎

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

Thanks @zer0Kerbal for taking this over.  I can't wait to download it!  

But FYI, CKAN still points to the old thread.  This thread's title still says v1.5.3, but ckan says newest is v1.5.5, not sure what to trust, so I'm going to hold off until that's sorted.  Keep up the good work!

2 hours ago, wreckreation said:

Thanks @zer0Kerbal for taking this over.  I can't wait to download it!  

But FYI, CKAN still points to the old thread.  This thread's title still says v1.5.3, but ckan says newest is v1.5.5, not sure what to trust, so I'm going to hold off until that's sorted.  Keep up the good work!

CKAN is most likely correct

On 3/14/2022 at 3:33 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

Original (0) - Author: [name deleted so original author doesn't get bothered with notifications]

Forum: Thread

@zer0Kerbal  Thanks for adopting this.

The link quoted above sends me to an old Pteron Micro Shuttle thread. You probably wanted this instead: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/169087-18-adjustable-mod-panel-ver-153/

I assume you're still in the process of adopting it and things are still in flux, so I'll hold off on other nitpicky comments about version numbers, etc. between this thread vs github vs CKAN.

3 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

link

Thank you @DeadJohn! +1 :rep: 

Templates are great, unless you miss one of the checkboxes. :lol:

3 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

process of adopting

Fully compiled and ready to go - just crossing the t's, dotting the i's, and zipping the z's. The release should be this week (shortly) and it's version will be 68747470733a2f2f696d672e736869656c64732e (well actually, 1.5.99.0-adoption), and that is all that matters to me. :D

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 2 weeks later...

@zer0Kerbal In the 1.5.5 version (and KSP 1.12.3), some mods don't seem to like to be "removed" via AMP/KAMP. If I do that and change the scene to where they aren't supposed to be shown, they show up anyway -while others are properly hidden- and create a single NRE. Is that something you are aware of? Do you want me to create a proper bug report for it on GitHub? Or should I even wait for the new version to be compiled?

Just asking before I compile a proper bug report since I'm not gonna do it on my current heavily modded game... I probably won't have time to do it before the weekend, though.

9 minutes ago, caipi said:

@zer0Kerbal In the 1.5.5 version (and KSP 1.12.3), some mods don't seem to like to be "removed" via AMP/KAMP. If I do that and change the scene to where they aren't supposed to be shown, they show up anyway -while others are properly hidden- and create a single NRE. Is that something you are aware of? Do you want me to create a proper bug report for it on GitHub? Or should I even wait for the new version to be compiled?

Just asking before I compile a proper bug report since I'm not gonna do it on my current heavily modded game... I probably won't have time to do it before the weekend, though.

+1 :rep:

@caipiyes, bug report kindly.

5 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

YMMV

the 1.5.5 release should be compatible with 1.8+.

The new (incoming release) will be compatible with 1.12.3. Yet YMMV

To be clear, the current version is not 1.12.3 compatible, a future version will be?

7 minutes ago, dlrk said:

To be clear, the current version is not 1.12.3 compatible, a future version will be?

I will not claim it to compatible, although I have loaded it up and used it on my dev 1.12.3 game. 

The next version I release is compiled against KSP 1.12.3 and .NET 4.7.2

On 3/29/2022 at 11:42 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

yes, bug report kindly.

Bug reported: https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/AdjustableModPanel/issues/30

Sorry it took so long. I didn't really find any time* before today. It seems like TUFX is the culprit/incompatable mod that breaks KAMP functionality. Let me know if you need anything else from me. I hope I didn't forget anything essential.

*turns out time was hiding in my watch all along. I just had to look for it there. Silly me.

5 hours ago, caipi said:

Bug reported: https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/AdjustableModPanel/issues/30

Sorry it took so long. I didn't really find any time* before today. It seems like TUFX is the culprit/incompatable mod that breaks KAMP functionality. Let me know if you need anything else from me. I hope I didn't forget anything essential.

*turns out time was hiding in my watch all along. I just had to look for it there. Silly me.

:rep: :science:

Thank you @caipi!

Seems this issue is resolved with the new version, which I am working diligently to release as soon as possible and @caipigets to use early! 

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Adjustable Mod Panel Version
KSP version License
AVC .version files GitHub Pages

Version 1.5.99.0-adoption - <Peekaboo> edition

13 Mar 2022
Released for Kerbal Space Program [KSP 1.12.x]

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:
DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Changes

• adopted by zer0Kerbal

Spoiler

Localization

• Add
    • folder
      • <en-us.cfg>
      • [readme.md] v2.0.1.1
      • [quickstart.md] v1.0.1.0

Code

• Compile
    • .NET 4.7.2
    • C# 10.0
  • Update
    • [AdjustableModPanel.csproj]
    • [AdjustableModPanel.sln]
    • [AssemblyInfo.cs]
  • Add
    • [Version.tt] 2.0.2.2
    • [InstallChecker] v2.1.0.0
  • Localization
    • [AdjustableModPanel.cs]
    • [InstallChecker.cs]
    • used as many Squad strings as possible
      • who knew KSP had three strings for Okay? (Ok, OK, Okay) - maybe it also has (ok)?
      • some strings grew longer - will see if any comments
    • updates #9 - Localization - Master
    • closes #10 - American English <us-en.cfg>
    • closes #27 - Code Localization

Folder Structure

• Create
    • docs/
      • Code/
      • LegalMumboJumbo/
        • [LegalMumboJumbo] v1.0.4.1
        • [License.md]
        • [FORUM-01.png]
    • [404.md] v1.0.3.0
    • [Attribution.md] v1.0.5.0
    • [Localizations.md] v1.1.4.0
    • [ManualInstallation.md] v1.1.2.0
    • [readme.md] v1.6.6.2
  • root/
  • _releasenotes
    • [].gitattributes] v2.0.3.0
    • [].gitignore] v2.0.5.0
    • [.imgbotconfig] v2.0.0.0
    • [AdjustableModPanel.version] file
    • [changelog.md]
    • [_buildJSON] v1.3.3.6.4
    • [_buildRelease] v1.1.3.1
    • [_deploy] v1.1.3.4
    • [_gitClean] v1.0.2.0
    • [_pullIssues] v1.1.0.1
    • [_pullReleaseNotes] v1.1.0.1
    • json/[_release] v1.0.3.0
  • github/
    • [_settings] v1.0.9.1
      • workflows/
        • [AVC-VersionFileValidator] v1.4.0
        • [createIndexesfromMarkdown] v1.0.2.1
        • [greetings] v1.1.0.2
    • img
      • [HeroLogo_1920x1920.png]
      • [HeroLogo_1920x1920-green.png]

Status

• Issues
    • closes #2 - add screenshot branch
    • closes #3 - Minimal hint to prevent potential NRE
    • closes #4 - Adjustable Mod Panel 1.5.99.0-adoption <Peekaboo> - duplicate
    • closes #28 - [ImgBot] Optimize images - contributed by imgbot[bot]
    • closes #30 - [Bug th?id=OIP.cpfOx3RRCNI7JwVjr6zMzAAAAA%26pid=Api&f=1]: AMP and TUFX incompatability/NRE
  • Project
    • closes #5 - Adjustable Mod Panel 1.5.99.0-adoption <Peekaboo> edition
    • closes #6 - 1.5.99.0 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #7 - 1.5.99.0 Update Documentation
    • closes #8 - 1.5.99.0 Social Media

See More

• Changelog Summary for more details of changes : See ChangeLog
  • Discussions and news on this mod : See Discussions or KSP Forums
  • Known Issues for more details of feature requests and known issues : See Known Issues
  • GitHub Pages : See Pages

Localization

• English English - in progress
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Patreon Github Sponsor Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

*red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support*

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

Kerbal Space Program 1.12.3 — C# 10.0 — Unity 2019.2.2f1 — .NET Framework 4.7.2

• 4 weeks later...

Yesss!  I've been waiting for this.  Thanks so much for all your hard work bringing this up to date.  

FYI - all the mod buttons hide/appear as expected, except for TUFX.  The button shows whether 'checked' in KAMP or not.   

Reproduced in a pristine KSP install, with only KAMP, TUFX and Module Manager installed, with slightly different results.  In the KSC scene, the TUFX button disappears as expected when unchecked in KAMP, but doesn't show when re-checked.  In all other scenes, the TUFX button doesn't disappear when unchecked in KAMP (same behavior as my main KSP install).  

This is only a very minor inconvenience, as I'm able to hide the TUFX button using Janitor's Closet. 

If you want any logs, let me know, I'll post them.

Thanks again!

7 hours ago, wreckreation said:

Yesss!  I've been waiting for this.  Thanks so much for all your hard work bringing this up to date.  

You are most certainly welcome @wreckreation! Credit goes to @Morse, and well written code is a pleasure to update!

7 hours ago, wreckreation said:

If you want any logs, let me know, I'll post them.

Please, create a bug report and drag-n-drop a zipped copy of your KSP.log into it on the GitHub repo.

20 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Please, create a bug report and drag-n-drop a zipped copy of your KSP.log into it on the GitHub repo.

Done.  Thanks for looking at this!

I've got another, separate issue where KAMP and Janitor's Closet don't seem to play nicely together (one doesn't know what the other is doing and they both get confused and misbehave), but that seems like a much bigger can of worms (Linuxgurugamer would likely need to get involved), and don't know if you'd want to get into that.

13 minutes ago, wreckreation said:

Done.  Thanks for looking at this!

I've got another, separate issue where KAMP and Janitor's Closet don't seem to play nicely together (one doesn't know what the other is doing and they both get confused and misbehave), but that seems like a much bigger can of worms (Linuxgurugamer would likely need to get involved), and don't know if you'd want to get into that.

Not going to happen.  The two mods essentially are doing the same thing behind the scenes, you can't have both installed at the same time. 

I suppose they need to be listed as incompatible with each other in CKAN @HebaruSan

I also have no idea how KAMP will work with the ToolbarController, I've never tested that, but since I haven't heard anything bad, I assume they work ok together

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 5/8/2022 at 7:54 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

you can't have both installed at the same time.

Yes, you can. Just don't use both to hide/show buttons. One or the other. 

On 5/8/2022 at 7:54 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

ToolbarController

Adjustable Mod Panel (KAMP) handles life with or without TBC just fine. @Morsedid a great job coding it.

private bool ToolbarControllerAvailable = true

@HebaruSanI see no issue to adding Janitor's Closet to the ### Conflicts with (Already added to OP) - kindly see note above.

Thank you @wreckreation ! +1 :rep: I received the KSP.log and doesn't show anything misbehaving (okay there is one possible issue with TUFX) Will take some time to diagnose. I suspect (without proof just conjecture). I will add a Known Issue with in the readme and OP - something to the effect of: TUFX doesn't conflict with, just KAMP doesn't seem to have an effect on TUFX (It's one TUFF mod... bad pun). 

There is a config.xml (<KSP_ROOT>/GameData/AdjustableModePanel/Plugins/PluginData/AdjustableModPanel/config.xml) there should be five entries (including the first) to manually remove an entry.

<string name="module16">JanitorsCloset</string>
    <string name="method16">&lt;OnGuiAppLauncherReady&gt;m__0</string>
    <bool name="hashNeeded16">0</bool>
    <int name="scenes16">63</int>
    <bool name="pinned16">0</bool>
    <int name="count">16</int>

For me it does a wonderful job of hiding even the toughest cookies.

On 3/14/2022 at 2:33 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

Cabin Notes

• Janitor's Closet can be installed alongside Adjustable Mod Panel (AMP) - only use ONE or the other to manage buttons.
  • TUFX seems particularily resistant to KAMPing. Reports have shown it doesn't like it's button hidden. 
Edited by zer0Kerbal
finger dyslexia

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.