Pick up deployable science parts from surface ( not deployed )

Hi

I have used my engineer in build mode to drop on the surface some science parts ( control station, solar power and weather station ) , now I can not pick up them in the kerbal invetory to deploy them, they are stuck on the surface

Even if I get very close the "pick up" option do not show up and this is exptected since that is for deployed parts and these are not, even in the building/cargo mode I can not put them back, no problem for ie personal parachute I can drop it to surface and pick it up at will.

Bug?

The game believe the part is deployed but it is not, so I edited the save changing the type from "DeployedScienceController" to "DroppedPart" , after that my engineer could take it back in inventory for my scientist to deploy

Hope this help someone , definetley a bug, but right now I am too tired to bother and reproduce the steps

VESSEL
        {
            pid = 7a27b6293b664bec90de4652cb36407e
            persistentId = 3322568235
            name = PD-3 Weather Analyzer
            type = DeployedScienceController / type = DroppedPart
            sit = LANDED
            landed = True
            skipGroundPositioning = False
            skipGroundPositioningForDroppedPart = False

2 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Is it really a glicth though? Seems to me that the parts were deployed, not dropped. To pick them up again, you'd simply need to undeploy them (outside of construction mode).

When you right click the part there is no option to pick up or disable part like normal deployed science part do

8 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Enter build mode and pick them up that way? If that's how you got into this mess, there's a good chance it'll get you back out too.

I had this bug the other day. You can't interact with the parts in build mode anymore when they're like this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.