Shader Not Working Properly?

So I'm having a problem I haven't dealt with before. I made an inline RCS unit and It's like the shadows aren't working right and it's constrained to the part and not the whole ship. I feel like I messed up something simple but cannot figure it out. In Unity I've tried diffuse, specular and bumped specular with the same results.  Any help would be appreciated.

t5lkzjP.jpg7bQCjyN.jpg

1 hour ago, VenomCell said:

Ugh, I knew it was something stupid! Somehow when exporting the blender file, the apply modifiers box got unchecked so the edge split modifier never got applied.  Crisis averted loltcig3yi.jpg

I really want to get to where I can make parts like this for KSP.  Is there a particular reddit/discord/other forum here where people who do this kind of thing discuss this kind of thing as the central focus?

Edited by darthgently

1 hour ago, darthgently said:

I really want to get to where I can make parts like this for KSP.  Is there a particular reddit/discord/other forum here where people who do this kind of thing discuss this kind of thing as the central focus?

Not that I know of. I thought that's what this forum was for lmao. Two years ago I was determined to make parts and spent all my waking hours pulling my hair out trying to learn Blender, Unity and how everything worked. I got really good, then stopped for some reason. I'm basically relearning everything. Raiz Space on YouTube has some good tutorials. It's really annoying trying to piece together how to do certain things especially when most of it is outdated. I think determination is key. I can help you out to get started if you'd like.

Edited by VenomCell

6 hours ago, VenomCell said:

Not that I know of. I thought that's what this forum was for lmao. Two years ago I was determined to make parts and spent all my waking hours pulling my hair out trying to learn Blender, Unity and how everything worked. I got really good, then stopped for some reason. I'm basically relearning everything. Raiz Space on YouTube has some good tutorials. It's really annoying trying to piece together how to do certain things especially when most of it is outdated. I think determination is key. I can help you out to get started if you'd like.

I dove into Blender for a several evenings and stalled out on colliders when trying to edit a file from a mod.  I think I need to do what you did and just get completely comfortable with Blender, the worry about the quirks of making it work for KSP parts.  After I've done a lot more Blender homework and when I get to the KSP part, if you are still up for it and I have more focused questions, I'll PM you.   The offer is much appreciated

12 hours ago, darthgently said:

I dove into Blender for a several evenings and stalled out on colliders when trying to edit a file from a mod.  I think I need to do what you did and just get completely comfortable with Blender, the worry about the quirks of making it work for KSP parts.  After I've done a lot more Blender homework and when I get to the KSP part, if you are still up for it and I have more focused questions, I'll PM you.   The offer is much appreciated

Are you looking to do everything in Blender? I just make the parts in Blender and use Unity to set it up for KSP, I found that to be more straight forward for me. 

1 hour ago, VenomCell said:

Are you looking to do everything in Blender? I just make the parts in Blender and use Unity to set it up for KSP, I found that to be more straight forward for me. 

My gaming/blender/OBS machine is down right now so for now it is moot, but yeah, I was trying to use Blender with taniwha's extension but after reading the referred to thread I realize I had the wrong branch of Blender for that to work (or at least work easily enough for me).  Eventually I want a debian-based part making, KSP mod compiling machine with Unity and all that.  Baby steps...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.