idk what to call this but trust me its interesting

ok so i was looking at the gateway spaceport https://gatewayspaceport.com/the-gateway/how-to-build/ and i was looking at the way they purpose it be built and i was wondering, since we have orbital ship construction why not have orbital station construction, not only would this make for larger stations but also more interesting looking stations.

anyway i just had to get that off my mind

5 hours ago, jaf said:

ok so i was looking at the gateway spaceport https://gatewayspaceport.com/the-gateway/how-to-build/ and i was looking at the way they purpose it be built and i was wondering, since we have orbital ship construction why not have orbital station construction, not only would this make for larger stations but also more interesting looking stations.

anyway i just had to get that off my mind

I believe we will.

• 2 weeks later...

Surely the point of building in space is to use material from space instead of launching it. 

I which case you only need to launch the smallest machine that can build something bigger. Just don't install the the ravenous AI on it. Would think a bunch of 3D printer drones just restocking them with ribbon somehow like harvesting space junk. 

In KSP2 the size of the ship that  you can launch from the Kerbin VAB will be limited to a certain size. Also, the teaser video for KSP2 shows an orbital ship yard. TDLR orbital ship building will 99.9% be in the stock game.

2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Like what

Anything floating around "nearby*" would seem to be fair game. Junk, Moons, asteroids,  planets. anywhere with a lower launch cost than from the surface. Kerbals have advantage over us a lower launch cost and well there dense 

*nearby would seem to be relative to the Dv used to get it and where the fuel for the Dv comes from. 

1 minute ago, mattinoz said:

Anything floating around "nearby*" would seem to be fair game. Junk, Moons, asteroids,  planets.

Asteroids, moons and junk are a rare occurence in Low Kerbin Orbit. Unless you move to Dres there won't be enough space junk to build Daedalus.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Asteroids, moons and junk are a rare occurence in Low Kerbin Orbit. Unless you move to Dres there won't be enough space junk to build Daedalus.

KSP is about the journey not the destination.