"Chasing Dreams" - A Kerbalized KSRSS Shuttle Program

Talverd

CDforum.png

"Chasing Dreams" 

Introduction:  

Hello, and welcome to the "Chasing Dreams" thread. For the past few weeks, I have been working on my own alternate shuttle program and it's reached a point where I am confident enough to share it here.  The main focus of this thread is to have a cohesive collection of all of the lore, mission profiles, and screenshots going forward. The main bulk of "Chasing Dreams" revolves around the shuttle program beginning in 1979 instead of 1981.  This thread will follow almost every mission I do related to this, and should continue for quite awhile. 

Special Thanks:  

Tim Gagnon for the main patch and several others down the line. 

@Colby5874& Raccourier for helping me with patchwork. 

@AmateurAstronaut1969for inspiration with his Eye's Turned Skyward SSF thread.

@Jackticalfor more inspiration with their Space Station Liberty thread.

@Jay The Amazing Toasterfor their amazing Kānāwai: Ares to Mars

@TruthfulGnome& @DG1for convincing me to do this, and thank you to Truthful especially for coming up with the name. 

The Space Shuttle Adventures thread & the ISS Adventures thread

SunsetLimited84 and their Caliverse for the Delta-blue external tank idea. 

All of the mod developers that made this possible.

Mission List (so far):

Spoiler

IMPORTANT

After STS-11, the numbering scheme is switched to PROGRAM YEAR not FISCAL YEAR!

For example, 

STS - 41-D would be in the fourth program year , 1982. 

STS - 1 - Completed.

STS - 2  -  Completed.

STS - 3  - Completed.

STS - 4  - Skipped, the mission plan was too similar to STS - 3 and wouldn't make an interesting post. 

STS - 5  - Completed.

STS - 6  - Completed.

STS - 7 - Completed.

STS - 8  - Completed.

STS - 9  - Completed.

STS - 10 - Completed.

STS - 11 - Completed.

STS - 42-D - Completed.

STS - 41-E- Completed.

STS - 51-A -  Completed.

STS - 51-B -Completed.

STS - 51-C - Completed.

STS - 51-D - Completed.

STS - 51-E - Completed.

STS - 51-F - Completed.

STS - 51-G - Completed.

STS - 51-H - Completed.

STS -61-A  - Completed.

STS - 61-B - Completed.

STS -61-C -Completed.

STS -61-D -Completed.

STS -61-E - On-going.

STS -61-F - Fully planned.

STS - 71-A - Fully planned.

STS - 71-B - Fully planned.

STS - 71-C - Fully planned.

STS - 71-D - Partially planned.

STS - 71-E - Partially planned.

STS - 71-F - Partially planned.

STS - 71-G - Partially planned.

Mods:

Spoiler

X_Science

Click Through Blocker

Textures Unlimited

Toolbar Control

Airplane Plus

All Tweak

ASET

Atmosphere Autopilot

B9 Aerospace

Procedural Wings

B9PartSwitch

Benjee10_MMSEV

Benjee10_sharedAssets

Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter

Benjee10_Suits Better

Burn Time

Better Time Warp

Bluedog_DB

Camera Tools

Chatterer

Coatl Aerospace

Community Resource Pack

Community Tech Tree

Conformal Decals

Contract Configurator

Contract Packs

Cormorant Aeronology

Cryo Tanks

Custom Pre Launch Checks

Deployable Engines

Distant Object Enhancement

DMagic Science Animate

Dynamic Battery Storage

Editor Extensions Redux

Edwards

Environmental Visual Enhancements

EVA Follower

FS Hanger Extender

Hab Tech 2

Hab Tech Props

Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes

Hab Tech Robotics

Katniss's Cape Canaveral

Kerbal Engineer

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Kerbal Konstructs

Kerbal Launch Failure

Kerbaltek

Kertemis Program

KFC

Knes

Kopernicus

Kopernicus Expansion

KSP Wheel

KSRSS

Magic Smoke Industries

MechJeb 2

Modular Flight Integrator

Modular Launch Pads

Module Manager Watch Dog

Near Future Construction

Near Future Exploration

Near Future Launch Vehicles

Near Future Props

Near Future Solar

Nereid

Parking Brake

Photon Corp Plume Party

Precise Maneuver

Procedural Parts

ProjectEOC (Shuttle C)

PRVE (Personalized & Private) 

reDIRECT

ReStock

ReStock Plus

Rocket Motor Menagerie

SCANsat

Scatterer

Shabby

SigmaDimensions

Simple Adjustable Fairings

Smoke Screen

SOCK Recolored

Space Dust Space

Tux Library

SSTU

Staged Animation

Station Parts Expansion Redux

Station Parts Expansion Redux IVAs

Strategia

Tantares

TantaresLV

Tantares Recolors

TantaresSP

TDProps

Texture Replacer

Throttle Controlled Avionics

Trajectories

Trigger Tech

TUFX

Tundra Space Center

Tweak Scale

Vessel Mover

Waterfall

Waterfall ReStock

Wild Blue Industries

Edited by Talverd
Added mission list.

Forum_STS_1.png 

STS - 1, January 7th, 1979 

The Greatest Test Flight, Part 1/2

The Start of Something Grand:
     As OV - 102 "Pathfinder" sits atop LC-39A poised to make her maiden flight into the cosmos, few can hardly believe it. When the Space Shuttle Program was  approved by President Tedski Kerman back in 1970,  many in NASDA (National Aeronautics & Space Development Agency)  didn't believe the concept would ever actually fly.  A re-usable space truck capable of delivering large amounts of cargo and Kerbals into LEO just wasn't something that was believed to be even remotely feasible at the time, even in the wake of Athena Lunar missions.  However,  despite the protests, the President pushed hard for the program to be adopted in the interest of saving costs. 

After almost 9 years of testing and developing, the shuttle is ready to begin its hopefully long and successful career.  Two Kerbals have been selected for the first mission, Commander Munbro Kerman & Pilot Alan Kerman. Both are extremely seasoned test pilots and veterans of the Athena program, even flying together on Athena - 14.  They are the best of the best. 

unknown.png 

Munbro & Alan Kerman, Pathfinder can be seen behind them. 

As the hours tick by and the countdown milestones are hit, it begins to dawn on everyone observing..
"We're going to space today."

unknown.png

Pathfinder, prior to the launch of STS - 1. T-minus 10 minutes and counting. 

unknown.png

T-minus 7 minutes and 23 seconds, orbiter access arm being retracted. 

screenshot48.png

T-minus 2 minutes and 40 seconds, the GOX arm is retracted. At T-minus 50, Pathfinder will be switched over from ground to internal power. 

unknown.png

T-minus 10, 9, 8, 7, 6..

unknown.png

Main engine sequence start.. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

unknown.png

Booster ignition and liftoff of Akerimia's first Space Shuttle! 

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Clean external tank separation confirmed. Pathfinder still has a small orbit raising maneuver to perform. 

That's all for tonight, folks. I need to get some sleep, I'll correct any mistakes & finish writing part 2 of STS - 1 tomorrow.

Constructive criticism is appreciated, I have never done a forum post like this before. 

Edited by Talverd

Forum_STS_1.png 

STS - 1

The Greatest Test Flight, Part 2/2

unknown.png

Pathfinder performs OMS - 1 

unknown.png

Pathfinder drifting above the Earth, waiting to perform OMS - 2

unknown.png

OMS - 2

unknown.png

After one orbit, Pathfinder's payload doors are opened. 

unknown.png

OV - 102 "Pathfinder"

unknown.png

Now in a stable orbit with no need for further corrections, Munbro & Alan begin moving about the crew cabin. Their 2 day mission will consist of taking photographs, inspecting the orbiter, and running system tests. A few small experiments are also carried onboard the shuttle in the payload bay. The crew also receives a phone call from an elated president Carlas, congratulating them on their successful launch and wishing them a safe return.

unknown.png

Pilot Alan Kerman sitting in the commanders seat, photographed by Cdr. Munbro Kerman on mission day 2. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

After a successful 2 days in orbit, Pathfinder begins preparations for re-entry. The payload bay doors are closed and the crew dons their flight suits and straps in once more. 

unknown.png

Pathfinder is GO for deorbit burn. 

unknown.png

Pathfinder begins reentry

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Main gear touchdown. 

unknown.png

Nose gear touchdown.

unknown.png

"Pathfinder Houston - Wheel stop." "Roger wheel stop, welcome home Pathfinder!"

Pathfinder, guided by Cdr. Munbro, makes a flawless touchdown on runway 15 at Edwards Airforce Base.  A beautiful conclusion to a truly awe-inspiring mission. The shuttle will now be ferried back to Cape Kennedy, where it will be refurbished and prepared for another launch in the coming months. 

STS - 1 is concluded, thank you for reading.  STS - 2 should be either later today or early tomorrow. 

STS_-_2_Forum.png

STS - 2, June 13th, 1979

A New Purpose

A Race Against Time:

Before Shuttle, there was Athena. Laid out by president Hadcal in the early 60's, it was Akerima's grand endeavor to put a Kerbal on the Moon and return them safely to the Earth.  The program was a massive success, putting 14 Kerbals on the Moon throughout the years of 1969 - 1973. In 1965, the Athena Applications Project was created. Intended to study protentional avenues for post-lunar Athena missions, the program saw very limited practical success.  While hundreds of future missions were studied, severe budget issues began to crop up due to the creation of the Space Shuttle Program and this financial crisis resulted in a massive scale-back in scope of the AAP.  Fortunately, one proposal was able to survive this tumultuous time. Dubbed the Manned Orbiting Workshop, it was NASDA's idea of a cheap and easy solution for the creation of an Akerimian space station. The station itself was virtually just a hollowed out third stage of the Juno V moon rocket which offered a colossal working and habitation area.  In mid '67 the program was greenlit and construction of the station began in early '70. 

Early on in development the "Manned Orbiting Workshop" name was dropped and in its place rose the name Skylab. Skylab finally launched on April 29th, 1973 but suffered a multitude of issues on launch.  One of its solar panels was ripped clean off, one of them jammed half open and it's micrometeorite shield was torn away, exposing the stations thin skin. Skylab 2, the first crewed mission to the station, quickly became a rescue mission. In the end the station was able to be brought into an operational state. There would be four missions to Skylab using Athena hardware, with plans for the Shuttle to visit and refurbish the station later down the line. After the departure of Skylab 5 in 1974,  the station was left derelict. With no way to raise it's orbit on its own, Skylab's orbital decay could not be corrected.  

Now, in 1979, the Shuttle has one opportunity to save Skylab.  In order to raise Skylab's orbit, the Teleoperator Retrieval System (TRS) was built. STS - 2 will deliver the TRS to Skylab, where it will be deployed by the crew and remotely docked to the station by mission control. It will then fire its engines and boost Skylab into a higher orbit, keeping the fires of re-entry at bay for just a little longer.  The crew chosen for this mission is: Cdr. Jeb Kerman & Pilot Bill Kerman. 

unknown.png

Cdr. Jeb & Pilot Bill crossing the orbiter access arm into the white room. t-minus 3 hours and 11 minutes.

unknown.png

Quickly running through the launch timeline, we have crew arm retract at t-minus 7 minutes and 26 seconds.

unknown.png

GOX arm retract at t-minus 2 minutes and 25 seconds.

unknown.png

Excess hydrogen burn-off systems activated, t-minus 9, 8, 7, 6.. We are go for main engine start!

unknown.png

We have main engine start! 4, 3, 2, 1...

unknown.png

unknown.png

Booster ignition and liftoff of Space Shuttle Pathfinder!

unknown.png

"Pathfinder - you are negative seats."

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Successful SRB separation. Everything is proceeding nominally. 

unknown.png

7 minutes and 53 seconds into flight, engine number 3 begins to experience thrust issues. This will not effect the mission majorly, fortunately. 

unknown.png

"Clean sep." "Roger on the sep."

unknown.png

unknown.png

OMS - 1 & 2

unknown.png

Payload bay doors opening after one orbit.

unknown.png

unknown.png

After spending a day in orbit, the burn to rendezvous with Skylab is made. 

unknown.png

Arrival at Skylab, crew will station-keep for one orbit until releasing the TRS.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Deployment of the TRS, it will now make its way over to Skylab.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

TRS docked to Skylab. Pathfinder will now move away from the station and depart.

unknown.png

Once Pathfinder has departed, the TRS' engines are ignited. Skylab is on the move!

unknown.png

Second burn. Skylab's orbit has successfully been rescued. 

unknown.png

Jeb & Bill will spend another 3 days in orbit before landing at Edwards AFB. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

De-orbit burn preparations.

unknown.png

Re-entry.

unknown.png

Touchdown.

unknown.png

Wheel stop, STS - 2 concluded. 

Post-Flight Briefing:

Well that was a really long one! I had a lot of fun making it and I apologize for it taking so long to release. Like I said in my previous post I got a bit distracted making a cinematic for the launch of STS-1.  Also, sorry for so few pics of the landing the SOCK aerodynamics kept behaving weirdly and eventually I just got so fed up with it that I forgot to take photos until the very end. Hope you guys enjoy this!

unknown.png

STS - 3, February 1st, 1980 Part 1/2

Getting Into Step

Through Its Paces:

Whilst the two prior flights of the Shuttle had proven the vehicles capabilities in the eyes of some, there was still much work to be done. From the conception of the program, there was expected to be 4 flights dedicated to "breaking-in"  the shuttle before it entered a fully operational state. STS-3 is planned to be the most rigorous of these test flights. The crew will raise and lower their orbit several times, they will simulate failures such as a single OMS engine being unable to fire, they will deploy the first satellite of the program, and they will be the first mission to spend over a week in orbit. The orbiter is also carrying several important items in its payload bay, including the Flight Development Recorder, which will be used to find ways to improve performance on future flights.   The crew will be responsible for carrying out several small experiments while in orbit as well, with all of these being stored in the middeck. STS-3 was planned to be the first mission to have the Arcadian developed robotic arm present, but unfortunately due to issues in the translation controls the arm was removed for this flight.

The two crew members chosen for this flight are: Cdr. Barry, Pilot Hadlock

unknown.png

Jumping straight into it, we begin at t-minus 10

unknown.png

9, 8, 7, 6...

unknown.png

5, 4, 3, 2, 1..

unknown.png

Liftoff of Pathfinder on her third flight to orbit!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

OMS 1 & 2

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Photo of Pathfinder in orbit, February 3rd, 1980. Photo captured by ████████ ███████, █████.

unknown.png

OMS - 3 burn, with a simulated failure of a single OMS engine. There would be 5 more of these types of burns performed. 

unknown.png

Pathfinder is also rolled heads up and left in this orientation for an extended period of time to see how well heat-flow is managed when in direct sunlight. 

unknown.png

STS - 3 also carried the first satellite to be deployed by the shuttle, Star I. Unfortunately, there was a failure in the decoupling system of the probe and it remained inside of its carrier. It would remain this way until it was eventually brought back to Earth at the end of the mission. 

Unfortunately I cannot finish this in one sitting, as I am barely able to keep my eyes open. Part 2 will be out whenever I roll out of bed, hope you enjoyed this snippet of the mission. 

unknown.png

STS - 3, Part 2/2

Getting Into Step

unknown.png

unknown.png

Mission Day 5 - Pathfinder ignites its OMS motors once again, lowering her orbit. 

unknown.png

On Mission Day 6, the planned 8 day stay in orbit is truncated to 7 days due to issues with Pathfinders fuel cells. There are also issues present in the shuttle's climate control systems. 

unknown.png

Mission Day 6 - Pathfinder drifting above the Earth

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Mission Day 7 - Pathfinder being prepared for de-orbit burn.

unknown.png

Mission Day 7 - De-orbit burn. 

unknown.png

Getting toasty. 

unknown.png

Smooth sailing.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Pathfinder touches down at Edwards Air Force Base Runway 15 and concludes the STS - 3 mission. A little bit off center, but the orbiter and her crew are safe. With the conclusion of this mission, there is one last test mission left. 

Post-Flight Briefing:

I hope you enjoyed this! I had a very fun time flying this mission and stress testing tings is always fun. Apologies for not being able to finish this in one sitting, I was very busy yesterday. There are great things to come and I hope you'll stick around so I can share them with you. 

Hi all, I added a mission list to the first post on this thread. It will be updated every time I finish planning/complete/skip a mission. This also leads me to my next point, I am skipping STS - 4 because I do not feel it is interesting enough to justify it having it's own dedicated thread post. In my mission plans, it is very similar to STS - 3 and I am looking to move past the test missions and get into the interesting bits. STS - 5 will be worked on tonight and hopefully finished tomorrow, it will be the delivery of the Skylab docking adapter and first docking to Skylab by shuttle.

Edited by Talverd

STS_5_forum.png

STS - 5, December 5th, 1980

Laying The Groundwork

Returning to Skylab:

With the safe conclusion of STS - 4, the Space Shuttle Program officially ceased to be a test program on June 13th, 1980. The Shuttle was now a fully certified crew and cargo vehicle, ready to begin normal operations. STS - 5 will be the first of these operational missions and will carry the Skylab - Shuttle Docking Adapter.  While Skylab's existence now is essential, giving NASDA valuable experience in maintaining and expanding stations, it will not last forever. The breath of life the station was given was only so it can serve as a stop-gap for the planned "Permanent Orbital Space Station", which is currently in it's preliminary design phase.  Expected to begin construction in the early to mid-90's,  the orbital outpost will serve as a stepping stone for Kerbalkind's return to the Moon and eventually voyages to Mars.  However,  this is still a very distant goal and for now Skylab will have to do. Skylab is set to receive future expansion in addition to the docking adapter, including new solar arrays and the addition of a large pressurized science module courtesy of the Valropan Spaceflight Administration. The station is expected to cease operations in 1988 and be deorbited in 1989, finally meeting the fate it was saved from all those years prior. 

Due to more unexpected issues with the robotic manipulator system, it was not included on this flight. Instead, the docking adapter will be released from the shuttle's payload bay and docked to Skylab by ground control similarly to how the TRS was previously on STS -2.

Crew:

STS - 5 is the first shuttle flight to carry more than 2 astronauts and the first to carry an Akerimian woman into space. 

Commander: Thomping Kerman

Pilot: Bob Kerman

Mission Specialist: Valentina Kerman

Mission Specialist: Chadmon Kerman

unknown.png

Left to right: Commander Thomping, Pilot Bob, Mission Specialist Valentina, Mission Specialist Chadmon.

Crew of STS - 5 pose with their Astronaut Transfer Van.

unknown.png

Pathfinder sitting atop LC-39A for the 5th time.

unknown.png

T-minus 10, 9, 8 , 7, 6...

unknown.png

Go for main engine start; 5, 4, 3,2 1...

unknown.png

Liftoff of Pathfinder, paving the way for future missions to Skylab!

unknown.png

"Roooollin'!" "Roger roll, Pathfinder."

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

"We have SRB separation, lookin' good and on profile." 

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Pathfinder separates from its external tank. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

OMS 1 & 2. This puts Pathfinder on a rendezvous after 3 orbits. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Braking at Skylab. 

unknown.png

View of Skylab from the crew as they approach. 

unknown.png

Pathfinder holds at 400 meters away from Skylab and begins station keeping procedures. The Skylab - Shuttle docking adapter will be released from the payload bay shortly. 

unknown.png

Docking adapter leaving Pathfinder's payload bay. Ground teams are now in control and will begin moving it towards Skylab. 

unknown.png

The docking adapter has 3 different docking systems on it. The forward system is an APAS-75, designed for use on the joint Athena - Unity mission. On the top is an Athena drogue to be used for the installation of a planned power module. The aft docking system is an Athena probe, meant to dock with the forward drogue on Skylab. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

Docking begins moving towards Skylab.

unknown.png

A bit close.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Docking adapter has successfully docked to Skylab. Pathfinder will wait a brief period before attempting docking.

unknown.png

After some time, Pathfinder begins its approach to Skylab. 

unknown.png

Moving closer.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Soft-capture. 

unknown.png

Pathfinder has docked to Skylab. This monumental occasion will be the catalyst for many important milestones throughout the years.

unknown.png

The crew will spend 3 hours doing final checks and assuring there aren't any issues with Pathfinder, the docking adapter, or Skylab. 

unknown.png

The crew enters the docking adapter and then opens the hatch into Skylab. 

unknown.png

Pathfinder has brought several replacement systems for Skylab and the crew begin their work on refurbishing parts of the station.

unknown.png

Pathfinder and Skylab now form the largest space complex in the history of Kerbalkind.

unknown.png

The crew will spend the next 6 days on Skylab. Unfortunately, due to issues with the Extravehicular Mobility Unity the first planned EVA of the shuttle program had to be delayed to a future flight.

unknown.png

unknown.png

On mission day 7, the crew begins procedures for departure. The docking adapters hatch is closed and sealed and Pathfinder is prepared for undocking. 

unknown.png

Undocked.

unknown.png

Farewell for now, Skylab!

unknown.png

After departure from Skylab, Pathfinder begins preparations for de-orbit burn and reentry.

unknown.png

De-orbit burn. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

Re-entry.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Main gear touchdown.

unknown.png

Nose gear touchdown.

unknown.png

"Pathfinder, Houston - wheel stop." "Roger wheel stop, welcome hope Pathfinder."

Post-Mission Briefing:

A long and very enjoyable mission, I hope you enjoyed it. I tried a new TUFX config during this and I really liked it, but if anyone has any qualms with it let me know. 

Edited by Talverd
multiple typos

sts_6_forum.png

STS - 6, April 21st, 1981

In Peace?

Military Applications:

From the Shuttle Programs inception, the United States Air Force  and Department of War have kept a keen eye on it. One of the main reasons the payload bay is so large is because of the DOW. In order to secure their support for the program, one of the main requests was the payload bay be large enough to carry and deploy the next generation of large and bulky spy satellites. This was met with backlash from some sectors of NASDA, citing the possibility of the shuttle becoming a military vehicle and spitting in the face of the agencies civilian nature. However the request was approved and the changes were made early on in the design process of the shuttle. STS - 6 will be the first shuttle mission to carry a military related payload, a spy satellite for the USAF.  Due to the classified nature of the payload, this mission will bring along the first USAF Payload Specialist. USAF Payload Specialists are active duty Airforce personnel trained to handle any classified payloads they are assigned to.

As Pathfinder is rolled out to the pad, a few watch on in quiet resentment and others watch in excitement. Some say the mission will be viewed as a stain on the history of the agency and will be the catalyst for the eventual militarization of the space shuttle. Others  are much more reserved, believing it to be a necessary evil and something that will not majorly effect operations of the civilian side of the program. NASDA management is understanding of most criticisms, but their obligations to the Air Force and Department of War must be filled if they wish for continued support. 

Crew:

Commander: Munbro Kerman

Pilot: Layne Kerman

Mission Specialist: Neil Kerman

USAF Payload Specialist: Hancal Kerman

unknown.png

Left to right: Commander Munbro, Pilot Layne, Mission Specialist Neil, USAF Payload Specialist Hancal.

unknown.png

Pathfinder lifts off from LC-39A once again. OV-103 "Intrepid" will soon join Pathfinder in launching from this pad, as her first scheduled flight is STS-8. 

unknown.png

"Liftoff of Space Shuttle Pathfinder and it's Airforce payload!"

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Rolling with the changes.

unknown.png

unknown.png

SRB separation.

unknown.png

unknown.png

ET separation.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

OMS - 1 & 2.

unknown.png

unknown.png

The payload bay doors are opened after 1 orbit.

unknown.png

unknown.png

The crew will wait 2 days before beginning the deployment of the AOS - 1 spy satellite. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

Opening the sunshade.

unknown.png

Preparing for deployment.

unknown.png

Deployment of AOS - 1

unknown.png

unknown.png

AOS - 1 from Pathfinder.

unknown.png

Pathfinder from AOS - 1.

unknown.png

AOS - 1's Staara-38 is ignited. Once this burn is completed, it will be separated and an internal engine will perform the next burn. 

unknown.png

AOS - 1.

unknown.png

Moving back to Pathfinder, the orbiter and her crew will spend the next 4 days in space.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Commander Munbro staring out of Pathfinder's flight deck windows. 

unknown.png

View of Pathfinder's payload bay on Mission Day 5. 

unknown.png

Cunknown.png

Closing up the payload bay doors. 

unknown.png

Preparing for de-orbit burn.

unknown.png

De-orbit burn.

unknown.png

Final preparations before hitting the atmosphere. 

unknown.png

Re-entry.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Passing over Edwards.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

We have wheel stop, STS-6 is completed. 

Edited by Talverd

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.