11 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

It isn't possible as far as we know. The way the planets are made doesn't allow modifications to the planets textures and colliders in game. 

The way I see it, excavation could remove the planet collider in a specific volume and replace it with a set of colliders to simulate surface under the removed ground. But that would probably be a development nightmare.

On 3/20/2022 at 10:32 AM, KarolOfGutovo said:

The way I see it, excavation could remove the planet collider in a specific volume and replace it with a set of colliders to simulate surface under the removed ground. But that would probably be a development nightmare.

This is a fantastic way to create null pointer errors, overlapping colliders that cause unexpected behavior and just generally cause instability. 

On 3/20/2022 at 9:50 PM, siklidkid said:

Yeah i want voxel physics so bad. I want to actually blow the mun up.

Voxel would absolutely destroy a game the size of KSP, since for each point you have to be constantly updating the other three.

Basically there's a reason SE is much smaller than KSP.

They could have premade, premeshed cave models that they clip into the terrain, but that's about it.

1 minute ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

This is a fantastic way to create null pointer errors, overlapping colliders that cause unexpected behavior and just generally cause instability. 

Voxel would absolutely destroy a game the size of KSP, since for each point you have to be constantly updating the other three.

Basically there's a reason SE is much smaller than KSP.

They could have premade, premeshed cave models that they clip into the terrain, but that's about it.

Premeshed cave models are cool. I like caves.